Steel Front Hood

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
I do not Know if anyone else has made them but I spent some time and made NEW 18ga, steel front hood sheet metal.

I made 2 , 1 for a customer in Fl, and 1 in Ontario.
100_4132.JPG

100_4131.JPG

Last edited:

gzink

very impressed Gord. Greg Z.
I do not Know if anyone else has made them but I spent some time and made NEW 18ga, steel front hood sheet metal.
It is ready to weld onto your steel inner frame, the curve of the hood is shaped into it, the hole for the horn is made into it with a lip as originals. I have drilled small marks into back hood where nav. light etc. go threw but not all the way.
If your inner frame is no good too then a steel skin can be gluewelded onto my Fiberglass inner frame for the best of 2 worlds. My Green Amphicar has had this set up since 2004 as its inner was rusted but outer was good.
The cost of this hood skin is $500.oo But shipping is next to Impossible due to size and flexibility of metal.
I made 2 , 1 for a customer in Fl, that I will install this winter, and 1 for sale.
View attachment 1435

View attachment 1436

Kenny

It is ready to weld onto your steel inner frame, the curve of the hood is shaped into it, the hole for the horn is made into it with a lip as originals. I have drilled small marks into back hood where nav. light etc. go threw but not all the way.
If your inner frame is no good too then a steel skin can be gluewelded onto my Fiberglass inner frame for the best of 2 worlds. My Green Amphicar has had this set up since 2004 as its inner was rusted but outer was good.
The cost of this hood skin is $500.oo But shipping is next to Impossible due to size and flexibility of metal.
I made 2 , 1 for a customer in Fl, that I will install this winter, and 1 for sale.
View attachment 1435

View attachment 1436