SoCal in April

azpaul50

Hey gang. It' been a while since I've checked out the forum. I've been in Messerschmitt and Isetta hell with those darn dynastarts and haven't used the Amphi for ages. I did fix the brakes so now I can stop it!! Very nice capability. I'm planning on a show called the Carne Asada Run this April (3rd weekend). Because the Amphi runs so good now, I'm driving the 90 miles or so (one-way) with the trailer and attached scooter (pic attached) if the temp stays below 100dF. Sometimes it's a bit hot here by then. It's a fairly flat run with the exception of a 2-mile stretch near our world famous Imperial sand dunes. The show is at Seeley Lake park, just west (on I-8) of El Centro, CA and I plan to unhook during the show and swim the Amphi. It'd be nice to have more Amphis! From San Diego, it's like 110-120 miles to Seeley Lake. Anyone going to PHX for the Unique Little Car Show? They allow Amphis but I haven't seen any show up before. I'm going to that too with the Schmitt so it wUpland and Midnight shows 009.jpgould be nice to meet other members. - azpaul

azpaul50

Checked my calendar... it'll be March 17th, not April at Seeley Lake! Carne Asada is a Mexican strip steak.... featured at the show!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E ANOTHER WONDERFUL SOCAL PUDDINGSTONE LAKE EVENT General Amphicar Discussion 0
E ANNOUNCING SOCAL AMPHICAR SWIM-IN FOR 9/8/02 General Amphicar Discussion 1
S SoCal TV Coverage General Amphicar Discussion 1
S SoCal Swim-In and Harbor Cruise General Amphicar Discussion 0
S SoCal Swim-In - June 1st (11 AM - whenever) General Amphicar Discussion 0
S ATTENTION: June 1st SoCal Swim-in: New Venue (Lake) General Amphicar Discussion 0
E MAY 4TH PUDDINGSTONE SOCAL SWIM IN REMINDER General Amphicar Discussion 0
E ANOTHER SOCAL SWIM-IN !! General Amphicar Discussion 0
S SoCal Swim-in General Amphicar Discussion 6
mike_israel In Memorium Hugh S. Gordon, Jr. April 25, 1940 – October 1, 2015 General Amphicar Discussion 9
J Hello! (NOT an April fool's joke) General Amphicar Discussion 3
DrNoose Swim-In in April General Amphicar Discussion 1
R April? General Amphicar Discussion 3
J Article on Jean-Paul Gagn? March/April Newsletter General Amphicar Discussion 0
G April Fools General Amphicar Discussion 1
D Junk Yard Wars Date Change To April 23 General Amphicar Discussion 1
C Salt water Amphi in March / April 01Newsletter General Amphicar Discussion 0
B April Storms location, etc General Amphicar Discussion 0
W Austin, TX Swim-in, April 21 General Amphicar Discussion 1