Shipping a car info ??

Latitude33

Platinum Subscriber
I plan to ship an Amphicar from Gords place in Orillia, Ontario in a couple weeks to Huntington Beach, California. Does anyone have a good resources ? I have got quotes from 3,000 to 4,000 in an enclosed container but that seems a bit stiff. Any help would be appreciated. I am a newbie to Amphicar and will soon be an "owner".

Thank you !!

Congrats and welcome to the Amphicar world! Have you checked with Uship? I have heard other Amphicar owners use this service with good results. Tell them its a super light car. And small. And cool. And it can swim! Get him her so excited they will want to pay you just to haul it!
Good luck!

Brian Crombie
Land of 10,000 Lakes!

Latitude33

Platinum Subscriber
Congrats and welcome to the Amphicar world! Have you checked with Uship? I have heard other Amphicar owners use this service with good results. Tell them its a super light car. And small. And cool. And it can swim! Get him her so excited they will want to pay you just to haul it!
Good luck!

Brian Crombie
Land of 10,000 Lakes!

Uship was $3,093.00 not sure if there is better options. I'll keep hunting. Thank you for the reply. I have had lots of help trying to figure out my purchase and Gord is driving from Ontario to Montreal to help me make sure all is well.

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
The key to uship is patience and flexibility. First bids are always high .Eventually, someone, usually independent, with space on trailer will usually make a compelling bid.