service manual

AL67

I have a serv and parts manual and they are copies and pics are dark and not clear is the only way to cure is to have the originals

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
there are some good electronic copies available that some of the members here created. Not sure what's still available. As I recall, one member stopped selling when cyber crooks started stealing and reselling his work.

If you are a member of the International Amphicar Owners Club the manuals are all there in the Technical Library including service, parts, and several wiring diagrams. It is easy to join and I think for $30 it is worth the money.

AL67

If you are a member of the International Amphicar Owners Club the manuals are all there in the Technical Library including service, parts, and several wiring diagrams. It is easy to join and I think for $30 it is worth the money.
yes i am a member and those are a little better than mine but still dark , all is good just wondering

Agreed, reproductions of the photos in the manuals is not good and they get pretty dark. I have seen varying degrees of success with photocopying, but I think the photography was not the best even in the original manuals.

It would be an interesting project to possibly recreate the action shots and develop a new digital version of those manuals with better photography and additional detailed examples and descriptions of the service being performed. I think the tribal knowledge is out there, just a matter of bringing all of those services together in one place. Sounds easy enough!

AL67

good idea , time not on my side but i will sure get some pic that could be helpfull

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J I would like a parts manual and or a service manual General Amphicar Discussion 0
J I would like a parts manual and or a service manual General Amphicar Discussion 1
M Service manual-John Bivens General Amphicar Discussion 5
G Verizon Cell Service General Amphicar Discussion 3
R Amphi service General Amphicar Discussion 0
W Amphi service tips. General Amphicar Discussion 0
T GREAT Amphicar service signs General Amphicar Discussion 2
M Amphicar Service Signs General Amphicar Discussion 1
M Service Sign Update General Amphicar Discussion 0
M Amphicar service sign General Amphicar Discussion 1
M Reproducing Service Sign General Amphicar Discussion 4
L Delete from service General Amphicar Discussion 1
W Original Maintenance Manual Model 770 and Owners Manual General Amphicar Discussion 3
Jon March Engine compartment - !@# manual scraping. stripping, degreasing, sanding, priming, painting General Amphicar Discussion 6
dutchamphi Printable Owner's Manual General Amphicar Discussion 1
mike_israel Amphicar Owner's Manual Available On-Line General Amphicar Discussion 2
mike_israel Amphicar Owner's Manual General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Solex Carb Manual on-line General Amphicar Discussion 3
G Haynes Manual General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Parts manual on line General Amphicar Discussion 0
A On-line Maint manual General Amphicar Discussion 7
A Clunking - Brace - Parts Manual CD Upgrade General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Manual sets General Amphicar Discussion 0
L owners manual General Amphicar Discussion 2
A Manual pre-orders General Amphicar Discussion 1
A On-line parts manual General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Maint. Manual update - How many parts in an Amphicar? General Amphicar Discussion 3
T Maint. Manual reproduction - VIN numbers General Amphicar Discussion 4
C Members Only Maint. Manual - Interiors - Radio wanted General Amphicar Discussion 0
C Manual reproductions General Amphicar Discussion 3
C Maintenance Manual is now complete. General Amphicar Discussion 0
C Members only Maint. Manual and body work update... General Amphicar Discussion 0
C Maintenance Manual General Amphicar Discussion 1
M Parts Manual Site and browsers General Amphicar Discussion 0
T Spare parts manual Plate 49 General Amphicar Discussion 0
J More on Speedvision tapes / Jack handle / Main. Manual on CD General Amphicar Discussion 0