Seattle bound!

chapron67

I've recently accepted a job in Seattle (actually Bellevue) and I'm starting to look at housing around there and Kirkland. I was wondering whether there are other Amphicars and their owners in and around Seattle that I may learn more about these areas from for both 'living' and 'Amphicar'ing' -- I assume those nice big lakes are just perfect (but I see Lake Washington is connected to the ocean via docks so a little concerned about salt water?)

Greg Long. in Virginia -- very close to the epicenter of our 5.9 earthquake today! Everything is fine but it sure seemed that it was rockin' for a long time!

LSolheim

Congratulations on your upcoming move, Greg. We're in Mt. Vernon, about 60 miles north, but there are a couple of Amphicar owners in the Kirkland/Bellevue area. I see you are not an IOAC member, so I do not have your email address to send you personal contact information off-forum. The Kirkland owner is a Realtor and and the Bellevue owner owns a service station. All of the necessary "food groups"! Plus there are a couple of Amphicars on Lake Stevens (near Everett, about 30 miles north of Seattle) and another at nearby Lake Ki & also 2 or 3 more on American Lake, just south of Tacoma (about 30 miles south of Seattle). Between the group you can probably get much more information than you need.

As to the big lakes: Lake Washington is connected to Lake Union via the Montlake Cut (man-made channel) and Lake Union is eventually connected to the Puget Sound via the Ballard Locks. There is no salt or brackish water issue in the Seattle/Eastlake area. Lots of other lakes around too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LSolheim "Boating Through the Decades" - Seattle Yacht Club Opening Day - May 4, 2019 General Amphicar Discussion 0
LSolheim "Ocean Crossings" -- The Seattle Yacht Club Opening Day of Boating Parade - Saturday, May 5 General Amphicar Discussion 2
LSolheim Seattle Opening Day 2009 - Saturday May 2 General Amphicar Discussion 0
LSolheim 5/3 Seattle PI Article: Amphicars at Opening Day General Amphicar Discussion 0
LSolheim SEATTLE: Opening Day of Boating Season Parade - May 3rd General Amphicar Discussion 1
D Seattle Opening Day of the Yachting Season General Amphicar Discussion 13
A Seattle Opening Day 2005 General Amphicar Discussion 0
R Opening Day parade in Seattle General Amphicar Discussion 0
W seattle boat show General Amphicar Discussion 0
R Seattle Opening Day May 7, 2005 General Amphicar Discussion 0
R Seattle Show Update General Amphicar Discussion 0
R Going to show your Amphi in Seattle? General Amphicar Discussion 0
R Invitation to show Amphis at Seattle boat show General Amphicar Discussion 1
L Hey Seattle-ites, How about an Opening Day Parade Report? General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Article from Seattle paper General Amphicar Discussion 1
R Seattle Opening Day - Numbers General Amphicar Discussion 0
R Seattle Opening Day General Amphicar Discussion 0
W Seattle Yacht Club-Opening Day General Amphicar Discussion 3
W Opening Day in Seattle General Amphicar Discussion 1
R Amphi Picture in Seattle Times General Amphicar Discussion 4
C Need a favor form you Seattle guys (off topic) General Amphicar Discussion 0
LSolheim Boston Bound General Amphicar Discussion 26
LSolheim Boston Bound - Look out Midwestern Amphicars! General Amphicar Discussion 9
Canadian four amphs Florida bound General Amphicar Discussion 5
LSolheim Bilgy: Potomac River Bound? General Amphicar Discussion 1
E Sabula Bound Soon General Amphicar Discussion 0
T LA bound.... General Amphicar Discussion 7
A Sturgis bound General Amphicar Discussion 0
C Celina bound... General Amphicar Discussion 2
M Just a few more hours and Celina Bound General Amphicar Discussion 0
K Celina Bound....???? General Amphicar Discussion 0
N Ahoy all Mount Dora Bound members - General Amphicar Discussion 1
J Manhattan Bound! General Amphicar Discussion 0
E Celina Bound General Amphicar Discussion 5