Save the Date! - Aug 8-14 -Naples Causeway, Maine

Jon March

Last year was GREAT! Join us in historic Naples Classic Boat Show Swim-in
Hosted by the Mountainview Woodies Classic Boat Club ( http://www.mountainviewwoodies.org )

Wednesday is the annual visit to Camp Sunshine on Sebago Lake - giving rides & bringing (very rewarding!) joy to kids fighting medical challenge. Thursday is the annual trip to historic Migis Lodge (http://www.migis.com) for incredible shoreside lunch under the tall pines, Friday is the sunset Water Parade with live PA announcements....and Saturday is the Classic Boat & Car show on the Causeway.

Gerry & Lori have a favorite campground nearby - and Jon March's house is right off the Causeway.
Maine is wold famous for its beauty, and Long Lake connects to Sebago Lake via a historic lock that is a blast to travel thru, making it a 30 mile, crystal clear waterway with sandbars, several ramps, and waterfront restaurants.

Not to be missed!

Email Lori or me for the travel schedule & campground info
lori064@yahoo.com
jmarch100@yahoo.com

IMG_3791.JPG

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_3806.JPG

IMG_3809.JPG

IMG_3812.jpg

IMG_3815.JPG

IMG_3816.JPG

IMG_3850.JPG

Last edited:

Jon March

HERE COMES THE NAPLES MAINE SWIM IN!!

Who's on board? Its a perfect location!
We have:
Ina & Bob,
Gerry&Lori,
Ron & Debbie
Brian & Janice
Denise & Tony
Jack?
Jeff?

Jon March

Welcome to Naples! Leah and I will be there Thurs AM to test the PA and meet with show people
first - grab a lake sticker at Naples Tackle -- 38 Harrison Rd, Naples, ME

test out Town Beach ramp - shallow & sandy, but fine
Hookup with Lori & Gerry, Ronnie, & Ina & "Jersey-Boy Bob" at "4 Seasons" Campground -
....see if they want to grab a bite at Ricks, Dairy Bar (burghers only) or Freedom Cafe
If weather is ok, the CBS news crew may show up, and Gerry & Lori(green car) , Ronnie Trudeau (Red Car) and Ina & Bob (White car) need to connect with them at 5pm at Causeway Marina to take Meterolgist Charlie for a splash-in !
Then they want to film classic boats tied on the dock, and hop in a speedboat for a ride
Hoping Bob &/or Paul can briefly leave the Freedom boat-clubbers picnic to jump over to the dock to give a ride whenever they are ready to "cut to Naples"
PARADE!!:
ALL Amphicars need to be at Causeway Marina at 7pm for a water-entry demonstration just prior to the 720 Water parade lineup - led by Naples Marine Patrol, Classic Boats first, Amphicars bring up the rear

I will announce - see Ricky Filiau in the Lyman 17 footer with White Johnson 70hp will help line up and verify names and call me with them
Follow the leader from Brandy pond, thru no wake zone, under bridge, tight left off the stern of the Songo Queen, close by RAD Jetski, close by Town docks, diagonal toward Freedom, sharp ring back toward SOngo Queen, hug the docks again...and boats tie up for inspection at the dock, and Amphis nose up on the mini-beach next to the dock

Steve

Welcome to Naples! Leah and I will be there Thurs AM to test the PA and meet with show people
first - grab a lake sticker at Naples Tackle -- 38 Harrison Rd, Naples, ME

test out Town Beach ramp - shallow & sandy, but fine
Hookup with Lori & Gerry, Ronnie, & Ina & "Jersey-Boy Bob" at "4 Seasons" Campground -
....see if they want to grab a bite at Ricks, Dairy Bar (burghers only) or Freedom Cafe
If weather is ok, the CBS news crew may show up, and Gerry & Lori(green car) , Ronnie Trudeau (Red Car) and Ina & Bob (White car) need to connect with them at 5pm at Causeway Marina to take Meterolgist Charlie for a splash-in !
Then they want to film classic boats tied on the dock, and hop in a speedboat for a ride
Hoping Bob &/or Paul can briefly leave the Freedom boat-clubbers picnic to jump over to the dock to give a ride whenever they are ready to "cut to Naples"
PARADE!!:
ALL Amphicars need to be at Causeway Marina at 7pm for a water-entry demonstration just prior to the 720 Water parade lineup - led by Naples Marine Patrol, Classic Boats first, Amphicars bring up the rear

I will announce - see Ricky Filiau in the Lyman 17 footer with White Johnson 70hp will help line up and verify names and call me with them
Follow the leader from Brandy pond, thru no wake zone, under bridge, tight left off the stern of the Songo Queen, close by RAD Jetski, close by Town docks, diagonal toward Freedom, sharp ring back toward SOngo Queen, hug the docks again...and boats tie up for inspection at the dock, and Amphis nose up on the mini-beach next to the dock

Steve

One of the guys from the Mountainview Woodies created and posted this video of some of the weekend action. Enjoy.