Rubber Dust Caps

Greetings all,
Does anyone know where I can purchase a couple rubber dust caps? Years ago, Kamakazzy Ken put them out for sale then I heard Cigarman had the die and he was a dead end. I have them on one of my Amphicars and after countless dunks, the Amsoil grease looks like the day I pumped it in.
I wonder who possesses the die and why they aren't available.
Many thanks!

Brian Crombie
Faribault, Mn.
Land of 10,000 lakes

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
AS with many parts that I make,,, The numbers are too small to have mass produced.. (I may sell 10- 20)
So I make them my self in my shop. A good example is the bearing buddies for front wheels to take the place of the rubber dust caps.
When you add up the time it takes to make(or machine) each part and add the original price to purchase the part I can not make them at a reasonable price,Most are made just for cars I work on in my own shop. I would need to get $120 for a pair of Buddies.
IMG_5033.JPG

Jon March

Brian & Gord - I purchased a repro-pair from Peter in Hamburg - his ID is strandweiss62 - see the attached screenshot of the info -

i think the original thread about them was lost in the data crash Mike Israel had last year - maybe Peter will see this and can chime if he still have them.
Apparently he also successfully made a gadget to replicate the heat-molded "stitch" pattern for door & side panels...altho as Gord will attest - shipping is always an extra if you arent exactly near the seller. Gords interiors are great too if you like the stitchless look he offers. Different strokes!

Screen shot 2017-09-11 at 2.53.39 PM.png

Last edited:

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
. Gords interiors are great too if you like the stitchless look he offers. Different strokes!
All interiors with white tops have a heat stitch in them. Grey interiors have to be sewn.IMG_4442.JPG

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jon March best rubber brake cylinder caps? General Amphicar Discussion 1
SNOWBIRD Floor Rubber back in stock General Amphicar Discussion 1
Jon March Metal VS rubber fuel line? General Amphicar Discussion 4
rhysaccess Rubber front axle grease caps? General Amphicar Discussion 3
SNOWBIRD Floor Rubber General Amphicar Discussion 1
B Headlight rubber sealing ring General Amphicar Discussion 4
D Kens front axle rubber caps - GET THEM ! General Amphicar Discussion 4
C RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!! General Amphicar Discussion 24
G Rubber floor mats General Amphicar Discussion 0
D Lake Geneva, windshield rubber General Amphicar Discussion 0
I Windshield Rubber - a little advice General Amphicar Discussion 0
K windshield rubber General Amphicar Discussion 14
M Rear Axle Rubber Boot General Amphicar Discussion 3
T radiator rubber (buffer) mount substitute 9-30-38 General Amphicar Discussion 1
SNOWBIRD Another on hits the dust(I mean water) General Amphicar Discussion 1
S Rear Dust / Grease Axle Caps General Amphicar Discussion 8
Midwest Amphicar Hub caps and other misc parts General Amphicar Discussion 0
M FRONT AXLE BEARING GREASE CAPS General Amphicar Discussion 0
J AXLE CAPS !!! General Amphicar Discussion 0
B Main Bearing Caps General Amphicar Discussion 5
J Caulk Tape and Hub Caps General Amphicar Discussion 0