RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!

• Thread starter capon23@aol.com
  • Start date
C

capon23@aol.com

<table id="role_body" style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bottomMargin="7" leftMargin="7" topMargin="7" rightMargin="7"><font id="role_document" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">
I will list 3 more sets on Ebay today... I have25 sets...

Go to Ebay and search Amphicar and you will see them!

Cigarman</font>

<font style="color: black; font: normal 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;"><hr style="MARGIN-TOP: 10px">See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.</font>

J

jacluellen@aol.com

<table id="role_body" style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Palatino Linotype" bottomMargin="7" leftMargin="7" topMargin="7" rightMargin="7"><font id="role_document" face="Palatino Linotype" color="#000000" size="3">

In a message dated 10/3/2007 12:40:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, capon23@aol.com writes:
<blockquote style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">
Go to Ebay and search Amphicar and you will see them! <font size="5">That sure is Greek to me !!!!!~ Where can I just buy them from someone, and have them shipped to me.....never on Ebay, I don't have an acoount withEbay and unfortunately will never use Ebay ! That is one place I stay away from ~~Guess I am out of luck, unless there is another way ~ HELP ! Jackie</font>
</font></blockquote>

</font>

<font style="color: black; font: normal 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;"><hr style="MARGIN-TOP: 10px">See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.</font>

C

capon23@aol.com

<table id="role_body" style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bottomMargin="7" leftMargin="7" topMargin="7" rightMargin="7"><font id="role_document" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">
Jackie,

Simple Solution

Have a friend get them off Ebay for you, then pay them back.

Somebody you know, knows Ebay...

Cigarman</font>

J

jacluellen@aol.com

<table id="role_body" style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Palatino Linotype" bottomMargin="7" leftMargin="7" topMargin="7" rightMargin="7"><font id="role_document" face="Palatino Linotype" color="#000000" size="3">
<font size="5">Thank you !!!! I just looked on E-bay. </font>
<font size="5">I saw the caps, and read the great information about them.</font>
<font size="5">My mechanic did tell me that if I took my Amphi in the water, that I should have the wheels pulled and re-packed with something ~ probably grease, right ?</font>
<font size="5">I may try to get the caps thru a friend who does E-Bay, assomeone who smokesCigarssuggested ~ </font>
<font size="5">Thank you Cigarman ! ;-)</font>
<font size="5">Or I will call someone by the name of</font>
<font size="5">John Capone. </font>
<font size="5">A bigTHANK YOU toKen , for sending me phone numbers for John.</font>
<font size="5">Jackie</font>
<font size="5">PS ~ I really enjoy reading all the news that you guys send back forth ~ Also the technical information is intriguing ~ but the only thing I know about tools are a hammer and sometimes a screwdriver ~ and ZERO about cars.</font>
<font size="5">BUT I REALLY LOVE MY CAR !</font>
space.gif
</font>

<font style="color: black; font: normal 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;"><hr style="MARGIN-TOP: 10px">See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.</font></img>
</td></tr>
Attachment: (image/jpeg) Untitled.jpg [not stored]

C

capon23@aol.com

Nice picture of you in car! Try to get to the meets around the country!

Cigarman</font>

L

lah20car@aol.com

In a message dated 10/3/2007 12:58:26 PM Central Daylight Time, jacluellen@aol.com writes:
<blockquote style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face="Palatino Linotype" color="#000000" size="5">the only thing I know about tools are a hammer and sometimes a screwdriver ~ and ZERO about cars.</font></blockquote>

That may be the best way</font>

J

jacluellen@aol.com

In a message dated 10/4/2007 8:27:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ribcab@verizon.net writes:
<blockquote style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face="Georgia" color="#000000" size="2">
<font size="4">I also enjoyed your picture, Jackie.<font color="#0000ff" size="5">Hello Ina !</font>What state to you live in? <font color="#0000ff" size="5">I live in NY,~ in a suburb of Rochester, called Fairport, NY . I live on the Erie Canal, so I am surrounded by water at all times, except for the icywinter. </font>How long have you owned your Amphicar? <font color="#0000ff" size="5">I have had my Amphicar 2 years,~ only been in the water once...really scared to go by myself ! I need a good driver for the water so I can just jump out and swim, if she decides to sink ! Gulp ! </font>Yes, you should come to some meets. I'd love to say hi.</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">I don't think Amphicar orme for sure, would make those long hauls ~ so I'll just have to stay close to home....unless there is a meet near here in one of our beautiful finger lakes ~ How long have you owned your Amphi ?? , what color and year is yours ??....and please send a picture ! OK ? Thanks for saying HI ! Jackie 1966 Red </font>
<font size="4"></font>
<font size="4">Ina in the boro (In NJ)</font></font></blockquote>

</font>

R

Robert & Ina Cabanas

<table style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" bgColor="#ffffff">
<font size="4">I also enjoyed your picture, Jackie. What state to you live in? How long have you owned your Amphicar? Yes, you should come to some meets. I'd love to say hi.</font>
<font size="4"></font>
<font size="4">Ina in the boro (In NJ)</font>
<blockquote style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<div style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black">From: capon23@aol.com
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 2:02 PM
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!

<div id="ygrp-text">

<font id="role_document" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">
Nice picture of you in car! Try to get to the meets around the country!

Cigarman</font>

<font style="FONT: 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF; COLOR: black">
<hr>
See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.</font>

</blockquote>

P

PVCJ PVCJ

<table class="hmmessage">

Hello Jackie: I live in Amsterdam ny, About 4 hours from you? I have five amphicars that live within

20 miles of me and i never see any of them. I think next year i will try to get them all together so we

canall meet.If it is not to far for you i will let you knowIf and when it is.

Paul 67-amphi

<blockquote>
<hr>
To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:48:49 -0400
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!

<div id="EC_ygrp-mlmsg" style="WIDTH: 655px">
<div id="EC_ygrp-msg" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; Z-INDEX: 1; FLOAT: left; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 490px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">
<div id="EC_ygrp-text">
<font id="EC_role_document" face="Palatino Linotype" color="#000000" size="3">

In a message dated 10/4/2007 8:27:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ribcab@verizon.<wbr>net writes:
<blockquote style="BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face="Georgia" color="#000000" size="2">
<font size="4">I also enjoyed your picture, Jackie.<font color="#0000ff" size="5">Hello Ina !</font>What state to you live in? <font color="#0000ff" size="5">I live in NY,~ in a suburb of Rochester, called Fairport, NY . I live on the Erie Canal, so I am surrounded by water at all times, except for the icywinter. </font>How long have you owned your Amphicar? <font color="#0000ff" size="5">I have had my Amphicar 2 years,~ only been in the water once...really scared to go by myself ! I need a good driver for the water so I can just jump out and swim, if she decides to sink ! Gulp ! </font>Yes, you should come to some meets. I'd love to say hi.</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">I don't think Amphicar orme for sure, would make those long hauls ~ so I'll just have to stay close to home....unless there is a meet near here in one of our beautiful finger lakes ~ How long have you owned your Amphi ?? , what color and year is yours ??....and please send a picture ! OK ? Thanks for saying HI ! Jackie 1966 Red </font>
<font size="4"></font>

</font>

<hr>

<span style="COLOR: white"></span> </blockquote>
</br><hr></hr>Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook ? together at last. Get it now!</meta>

J

jacluellen@aol.com

In a message dated 10/4/2007 12:42:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, pvcj@hotmail.com writes:
<blockquote style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face="Georgia" color="#000000" size="2">If it is not to far for you i will let you knowIf and when it is.
Paul 67-amphi <font size="5">Hi Paul...yes please let me know. I believe someone not too far from me in Webster, NYalso has an Amphicar, his name might be John.... Also a man in Newark NY has one...his name is Wayne Smith. Wayne is the person I saw driving down the canal in his Amphicar from my window,~ so I hoped on my bike and chased him up the canal to our village....I asked him a million questions,...then 2 year later he gave me a contact name to purchase a carfrom Quincy, Mass. I had to buy the car sight unseen as I was on my way to Florida for the winter...it all worked out ok, except for a few major $$$$ repairs. The outside of the car is beautiful, and not a drop of rust anyplace, inside or out. My trusty mechanic have been a life saver, as the car needed a new transmission and clutch....but there is still lots to do, and I don't know where to start. Simple things, like mounting a front license plate...but I don't want to drill holes in the car....etc. etc. The good news is that the car does not leak a drop of water, but then again, I have only had it in the water once ! I am such a chicken...but it is tons of fun on the road....I don't think I could handle any more attention...and questions !It's Tons of FUN !!! Jackie</font>

</font></blockquote>

</font>

G

goob@twcny.rr.com

Re: RE: RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!

Paul - I'm a couple hours to your left, in East Syracuse. There's a
gentleman living 2 miles from me with a white Amphicar which I have
seen 3 times in the last 15 - 16 years! I believe he's a member also.
Well, back to work on my 1/4 panels!

Gary, red '64.

----- Original Message -----
Date: Thursday, October 4, 2007 12:42 pm
Subject: RE: [amphicar-lovers] RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!

>
> Hello Jackie: I live in Amsterdam ny, About 4 hours from you? I
> have five amphicars that live within
> 20 miles of me and i never see any of them. I think next year i
> will try to get them all together so we
> can all meet. If it is not to far for you i will let you know If
> and when it is.
> Paul 67-amphi
>
>
> To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.comFrom: jacluellen@aol.comDate:
> Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:48:49 -0400Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers]
> RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
> In a message dated 10/4/2007 8:27:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> ribcab@verizon.net writes:
>
> I also enjoyed your picture, Jackie. Hello Ina ! What state to you
> live in? I live in NY,~ in a suburb of Rochester, called
> Fairport, NY . I live on the Erie Canal, so I am surrounded by
> water at all times, except for the icy winter. How long have you
> owned your Amphicar? I have had my Amphicar 2 years,~ only been
> in the water once...really scared to go by myself ! I need a
> good driver for the water so I can just jump out and swim, if she
> decides to sink ! Gulp ! Yes, you should come to some meets. I'd
> love to say hi. I don't think Amphicar or me for sure, would make
> those long hauls ~ so I'll just have to stay close to
> home....unless there is a meet near here in one of our beautiful
> finger lakes ~ How long have you owned your Amphi ?? , what color
> and year is yours ??....and please send a picture ! OK ?
> Thanks for saying HI ! Jackie 1966 Red
>
> Ina in the boro (In NJ)
>
>
>
>
> See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook ? together at
> last. ?Get it now.
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx?
pid=CL100626971033

P

PVCJ PVCJ

Hello Goob: What year amphi do you have? I did all the work on my amphi myself, Poor mans budget. Its not a 10 point show car, but it sure looks better than it did when i brought it"

If you are ever in the area look me up, I live just off90 at exit 27.

Phone # 518-843-5607 We,ll go for a ride or swim.

PAUL

> To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
> From: goob@twcny.rr.com
> Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 22:01:19 -0400
> Subject: Re: RE: [amphicar-lovers] RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!
>
> Paul - I'm a couple hours to your left, in East Syracuse. There's a
> gentleman living 2 miles from me with a white Amphicar which I have
> seen 3 times in the last 15 - 16 years! I believe he's a member also.
> Well, back to work on my 1/4 panels!
>
> Gary, red '64.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: PVCJ PVCJ <pvcj@hotmail.com>
> Date: Thursday, October 4, 2007 12:42 pm
> Subject: RE: [amphicar-lovers] RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!
> To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
>
> >
> > Hello Jackie: I live in Amsterdam ny, About 4 hours from you? I
> > have five amphicars that live within
> > 20 miles of me and i never see any of them. I think next year i
> > will try to get them all together so we
> > can all meet. If it is not to far for you i will let you know If
> > and when it is.
> > Paul 67-amphi
> >
> >
> > To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.comFrom: jacluellen@aol.comDate:
> > Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:48:49 -0400Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers]
> > RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > In a message dated 10/4/2007 8:27:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> > ribcab@verizon.net writes:
> >
> > I also enjoyed your picture, Jackie. Hello Ina ! What state to you
> > live in? I live in NY,~ in a suburb of Rochester, called
> > Fairport, NY . I live on the Erie Canal, so I am surrounded by
> > water at all times, except for the icy winter. How long have you
> > owned your Amphicar? I have had my Amphicar 2 years,~ only been
> > in the water once...really scared to go by myself ! I need a
> > good driver for the water so I can just jump out and swim, if she
> > decides to sink ! Gulp ! Yes, you should come to some meets. I'd
> > love to say hi. I don't think Amphicar or me for sure, would make
> > those long hauls ~ so I'll just have to stay close to
> > home....unless there is a meet near here in one of our beautiful
> > finger lakes ~ How long have you owned your Amphi ?? , what color
> > and year is yours ??....and please send a picture ! OK ?
> > Thanks for saying HI ! Jackie 1966 Red
> >
> > Ina in the boro (In NJ)
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > _________________________________________________________________
> > Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook ? together at
> > last. Get it now.
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx?
> pid=CL100626971033
>
>
> THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please support our sponsors while ensuring the very best restoration services for your Amphicar. Please pay a visit to:
> http://www.midwestamphicar.com
>
> The amphicar list is a seperate service from the International Amphicar Owners Club. Do join the club today at http://www.amphicar.com
>
> To Unsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Before posting requests for information, please check the List
> Archives:
> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
> For more information about this List and other available services
> visit:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
> Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
> amphicar770@yahoo.com
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
>
> <*> Your email settings:
> Individual Email | Traditional
>
> <*> To change settings online go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/join
> (Yahoo! ID required)
>
> <*> To change settings via email:
> mailto:amphicar-lovers-digest@yahoogroups.com
> mailto:amphicar-lovers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
>
> <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>

</br><hr></hr>Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Caf?. Stop by today!

R

Robert & Ina Cabanas

<table style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" bgColor="#ffffff">
<font size="4">This is to Jackie: Thanks for the nice note. I will get back to you off line & we can 'chit chat' Amphicar stuff. Catch you at your e-mail address. Ina in the Boro (I live in Pemberton, NJ)</font>
<blockquote style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<div style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black">From: jacluellen@aol.com
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 11:48 AM
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!

<div id="ygrp-text">

<font id="role_document" face="Palatino Linotype" color="#000000" size="3">

In a message dated 10/4/2007 8:27:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ribcab@verizon.<wbr>net writes:
<blockquote style="BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face="Georgia" color="#000000" size="2">
<font size="4"></font>

</font>

<hr>

</blockquote>

P

PVCJ PVCJ

Hello Jacluellen: You are right these little car are the most fun i ever had with a car and i had alot of hotrods. Everytime i go into the water people ask me lots of questions, And when i am in the water boaters come over to see it? Mine is llike yours it needs alot of little things, But it looks good and it floats and it runs good. I just wrote to a guy in Syracuse and he has a guy next to him too. Maybe we should all get together

and go swimming? This is the first year i had my car on the road and in the water. And like i said to Goob in Syracue, If you are in the area give me a call and we will go swimming. 518-843-5607

Blue 67 PAUL

<blockquote>
<hr>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 22:41:35 -0400
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!

<div id="EC_ygrp-msg" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; Z-INDEX: 1; FLOAT: left; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 490px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">
<div id="EC_ygrp-text">
<font id="EC_role_document" face="Palatino Linotype" color="#000000" size="3">

In a message dated 10/4/2007 12:42:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, pvcj@hotmail.<wbr>com writes:
<blockquote style="BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face="Georgia" color="#000000" size="2">If it is not to far for you i will let you knowIf and when it is.
Paul 67-amphi <font size="5">Hi Paul...yes please let me know. I believe someone not too far from me in Webster, NYalso has an Amphicar, his name might be John.... Also a man in Newark NY has one...his name is Wayne Smith. Wayne is the person I saw driving down the canal in his Amphicar from my window,~ so I hoped on my bike and chased him up the canal to our village....I asked him a million questions,..<wbr>.then 2 year later he gave me a contact name to purchase a carfrom Quincy, Mass. I had to buy the car sight unseen as I was on my way to Florida for the winter...it all worked out ok, except for a few major $$$$ repairs. The outside of the car is beautiful, and not a drop of rust anyplace, inside or out. My trusty mechanic have been a life saver, as the car needed a new transmission and clutch....but there is still lots to do, and I don't know where to start. Simple things, like mounting a front license plate...but I don't want to drill holes in the car....etc. etc. The good news is that the car does not leak a drop of water, but then again, I have only had it in the water once ! I am such a chicken...but it is tons of fun on the road....I don't think I could handle any more attention...<wbr>and questions !It's Tons of FUN !!! Jackie</font>

</font></blockquote>

</font>

<hr>

</br><hr></hr>Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Caf?. Stop by today!</meta>

G

goob@twcny.rr.com

Hi Paul - Mine's a red '64. It's been an on-and-off restoration for 6
years now! The funny thing is, I restore antiques and muscle cars for
a living, but I can never find time to do my own stuff!
I'm 1.1 miles from exit 35.

GOOB (Gary)

Date: Friday, October 5, 2007 8:01 am

>
> Hello Goob: What year amphi do you have? I did all the work on my
> amphi myself, Poor mans budget. Its not a 10 point show car, but
> it sure looks better than it did when i brought it"
> If you are ever in the area look me up, I live just off 90 at exit
> Phone # 518-843-5607 We,ll go for a ride or swim.
> PAUL
> http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff2.html?
ocid=TXT_TAGLM_OctWLtagline

J

Joe Biscone

hey gary, if you retore muscle cars -- i'm looking for a '62 chev. impala SS, 409.... do you know of any? my tel: h (858) 756-2502; c (760) 443-5700... joe b

<blockquote style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: RE: [amphicar-lovers] RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 20:52:06 -0400

<div id="ygrp-text">

GOOB (Gary)

To: amphicar-lovers@<wbr>yahoogroups.<wbr>com

>
> PAUL
> http://www.cafemess<wbr>enger.com/<wbr>info/info_<wbr>sweetstuff2.<wbr>html?
ocid=TXT_TAGLM_<wbr>OctWLtagline
</blockquote>

Joe Biscone (760) 443-5700
America First; Defender of Old Glory;
Thank a 'National Guardsman'

-- Want an e-mail address like mine? [/b]

Get a free e-mail account today at www.mail.com!

T

tazman3115@aol.com

I thought we were supposed to change the Subject line if you change the subject. Talking about where
every one is located has nothing to do with rubber axle caps.

Speaking of axle caps......I was going to send a pair of original caps to a guy in
CA for a price quote on a mold and the cost per part to make. What a surprise to find that some one else just did that. BOTTOM LINE......can't we all communicate a little better?????? Some one recently started
producing fin moldings and shortly after that Hugh is producing the identical part. Why are folks reinventing the wheel??? Hugh, you need to let others know, preferably through this communication venue what items are near the top of your list and what you will be making in the next two years so that others can work on other projects without overlap and duplication of much needed parts. In my humble and unasked for opinion,
the members of this fine club need to let each other know if they are considering making a part we need so that others are not wasting time and effort and money planing to produce the same item. As I stated earlier
in this rant, communication is a must. I know we all want to be the first to corner the Amphi market with something we all need, but this only results in items not being made that we all need. I guess even I was guilty of this as this week was the week I was going to send my caps to a mold maker for a quote. Fortunately our membership coordinator informed me a few days ago and saved me a lot of money and duplicating yet another part. Thanks for listening, Bad luck, Chuck Chuck in 80 degree MI. P.S.
maybe someone wants to make the rear axle caps.</font>

L

lah20car@aol.com

Re: Re: RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!

In a message dated 10/6/2007 10:45:35 PM Central Daylight Time, tazman3115@aol.com writes:
<blockquote style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">
P.S.</font>
maybe someone wants to make the rear axle caps.</font></font></blockquote>

So why don't you send him a rear one to make----------------I'll buytwo

andbetter yet get a quote on the tunnel boots------------I'll take two of those also</font>

W

WB6WSN

RE: Re: RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!

<table id="role_body" style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bottomMargin="7" leftMargin="7" topMargin="7" rightMargin="7">
<blockquote style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#800000" size="4"></font>
<font id="role_document" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">

In a message dated 10/6/2007 10:45:35 PM Central Daylight Time, tazman3115@aol.com writes:
P.S.</font>
maybe someone wants to make the rear axle caps.</font></font></blockquote>

So why don't you send him a rear one to make----------------I'll buytwo

andbetter yet get a quote on the tunnel boots------------I'll take two of those also</font></blockquote>

<span class="906355518-07102007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">Yes, I would also buy a set of rear axle caps and a set of tunnel boots.</font></span>
<span class="906355518-07102007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font></span>
<span class="906355518-07102007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">BTW, remember that thereis more than one diameter for the tunnel boot flanges. Also, a repro boot should be the big, round donut design. The corrugated bellows style, IMHO, doesn't give enough room for clearance of the axle U-joints.</font></span>
<span class="906355518-07102007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font></span>
<span class="906355518-07102007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">And finally, as was said before, please coordinate your efforts for the Amphi community. Discuss your projects in advance, so that you don't end up duplicating someone else's efforts.</font></span>
<span class="906355518-07102007"></span>
<span class="906355518-07102007"></span>
<span class="906355518-07102007">
<div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">Ed Price</font>
<div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">El Cajon, CA USA</font>
<div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">67 Rust Guppy</font>
<div align="left"><font color="#0000ff" size="4"></font><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font></span>

P

PVCJ PVCJ

Hello Gary(goob): Sorry about not getting back to you sooner? I went to a car show today (sunday)

and guess what? I had a young man come up to me and said he was restoring a 1962 amphi, So he invited me togo to his shop sometime and take a look. He said he should have hisdone bynext spring?He said he whould like to get together with the rest of us locals and have some fun. That makes 6 amphis so far if i can get them all together and the most anyone has to travel is about 20 miles unless you and jacklynn come on down. Well getting late got to go talk to you later PAUL

<blockquote>
<hr>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 20:52:06 -0400
Subject: Re: RE: [amphicar-lovers] RUBBER AXLE CAPS !!!

<div id="EC_ygrp-text">

GOOB (Gary)

To: amphicar-lovers@<wbr>yahoogroups.<wbr>com

>
> PAUL
> http://www.cafemess<wbr>enger.com/<wbr>info/info_<wbr>sweetstuff2.<wbr>html?
ocid=TXT_TAGLM_<wbr>OctWLtagline

</br><hr></hr>Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook ? together at last. Get it now!</meta>