Rear quarter panel photos

Akamphi

Hey all... I'm finnly getting my restoration going. Wondering if anyone could get me a couple photos of the rear quarters. My car was redone before I got it so I'm not really sure what the lip is snapped like at the end from the factory. I'm also wondering about the profile of the fender behind the rear wheels. Is that area from the lip up to the beltline flat or slightly raidoused? I need to know soon as the car is in the shop now and the body man will be in the quarters in a few days.

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
I found my Quart of Viper Red..there is no code on it just the #s and percents of mix and there blured.
Look at the photo in Club Clasified of Red car For sale. if you can blow it up the ends are exactly like that!
To decribe it ,,the top of the lip goes straight back, the bottom comes up to meet it and disapates, about a thumb space from back
It looks like a half smile, not a sharp line. (!
GORD

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
Craig,

Properly fabricating the quarter panels, with the lip and the contoured curve, is not a simple task and usually requires some specially made bead roler dies to look correct.

You wil probably save yourself a lot of time, money*and headache by simply ordering a set of quarters from Dave the Wave.* Dave has made enough of these now, all hand fabricated using english wheel, that he has them down to an art.

Mike

Akamphi

Craig,

Properly fabricating the quarter panels, with the lip and the contoured curve, is not a simple task and usually requires some specially made bead roler dies to look correct.

You wil probably save yourself a lot of time, money*and headache by simply ordering a set of quarters from Dave the Wave.* Dave has made enough of these now, all hand fabricated using english wheel, that he has them down to an art.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I'm using a set of Daves quarters but I got them 3 or 4 years ago. There flat except for the lip so maybe he was not doing the contoured curve at the time. My body guy is pretty experienced and can work with them but we just want to be sure the end product looks correct. What I'm hopping for is a photo from the rear looking forward down the car showing the profile and just how much cure there is in that area. Were replacing everything from the belt line down over the passenger fender to just behind the passenger door. My drivers side lip was not near as bad but I had removed the section rear of the wheel arch already so we don't have anything to campare to. I'm not worried about perfection. P plan to use this car and it wont be a trailer queen but would like to do it right while I'm at it too...:D

jfriese

Craig,

According to Hugh when the panel is bent around the supporting C channel, along the mid line, it will take on the correct curve from the mid line down. I'm not an expert on such stuff but that's what he says.

John Friese
67 White
67 Red

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
Do not forget everyone that I am making many Amphicar parts in fibreglass including the rear fenders, I can produce custom sections from just the bottom 4 inches all the way up to the comlete rear fender, same with doors and front fender, piece across front and the rear.complete bottom floors and the Best darn front hoods out there!If you have a good front hood ,,dont use it its too valuable, if you front hood is poor,why waste time on it, Mine bolt right on. no drilling!
I put a photo on , install rear fenders 001,This glass fender was Installed in Jan 2004 and is going strong.The geen is the 2 part epoxy glue.Trim is used to hold top on overnight till glue sets.clamps along bottom. You can really see the rear of lip in this photo.
Ron Trudeau has them on his car and most of you know how wild he is in splashing, driving swimming his Amphi!
in 2005 he had 3 mermaids sitting on his front Glass hood!
I am also reproduceing alot of parts in steel now, some sheet metal inner parts and some frame braceworks. Floor jack units,Rear seat braces(across the back rest)
the u metal behind the side trim(on backside of alm in photo below)the metal behind the lip up to tire and trayswhere the batterys sit.p[lus the battery boxes kit themselfs.
GORD

Attachments