Rear Axle U-joints Now On Ebay

awoodc

Amphicar Expert
We have located a few sets of U-joints for the late style rear axles. These can save you a lot of time and money. Please see ebay item 150294385107.
AMPHICAR REAR AXLE U-JOINTS LATE STYLE
These are an exact fit and come with clips and grease fittings
Allan
'66 red

amphi_sc

you state on eBay the OD is 28mm, but how about the width? I assume, but just double checking, are these 28mm x 70mm?

awoodc

Amphicar Expert
body{font-family: Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color: #ffffff;color: black;}

Sorry for the late reply. They are 28 X 72 which correct for the late shafts from Gordon Imports. Allan-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sep 13, 2008 10:03 PM
To: awoodc@earthlink.net
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20170] Re: Rear Axle U-joints Now On Ebay

you state on eBay the OD is 28mm, but how about the width? I assume, but just double checking, are these 28mm x 70mm?

jfriese

Hello Allen,

The specs for those U-joints are 28 x 70.95 mm. The length is a bit hard to measure exactly since the grease in them tends to mess up the measurement. I suspect totally crushed tight they read 70 but the mfg. want a bit of space left for movement and lubrication.

John Friese
67 White
67 Red

carnut1113

I lost the email thread. What is the question about?
Jim

--- On Sun, 9/14/08, amphi_sc <> wrote:

Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20170] Re: Rear Axle U-joints Now On Ebay
To: carnut1113@yahoo.com
Date: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 1:03 AM

Keith, Go to Allans Ebay store (Amphicar parts) and you will find the axle joints listed there along with his visors, turn signal lenses, stainless fan shroud etc. I just bought a set to keep on the shelf. Jack