Psychic support for my first swim

Countdown Clock to Amphicar Forums Shutdown

T

tommyintpa@aol.com

Guest
In a message dated 5/30/03 2:25:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rdboggie@juno.com writes:


> Request all amphibians focus their psychic good tidings and other forms of
> astral floatation support around 5 p.m. EST at Point of Rocks, Maryland (on
> the Potomac River), where I will attempt my first swim.
>
> Finally....
>
>
> Randy
> '67 in Gaithersburg,MD

Hi Randy,
You know you will be fine. You did a very caring job on that lucky Amphi. The
first swim in your mostly restored car a swim you will remember.
It is a good thing you did, to save another Amphicar. It will be very
grateful and give you years of fun. You will never regret your effort, I bet you
can
think of a lot of projects that took more effort and were a lot less
rewarding.
I think I speak for many of us when I say thanks, and enjoy the fun you
deserve.
Tommy sending psychic support from Tampa
Red '68...


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
 
R

rdboggie@juno.com

Guest
Request all amphibians focus their psychic good tidings and other forms of
astral floatation support around 5 p.m. EST at Point of Rocks, Maryland (on the
Potomac River), where I will attempt my first swim.

Finally....


Randy
'67 in Gaithersburg,MD
 
R

Randy Bograd

Guest
Thanks Tommy, but I apparently asked for the wrong support. It should
have been "keep the Amphi running on all 4 cylinders" support. An Amphi
on 4 cylinders is underpowered enough. On 3 cylinders it's pathetic.
Never made it to the river. I'll do a compression check tomorrow. I'm
guessing it's going to be a valve job. I hope it's not a compression
ring. Nonetheless, just driving around town always causes a minor
sensation. I love it.

Randy


On Fri, 30 May 2003 16:54:45 EDT tommyintpa@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 5/30/03 2:25:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> rdboggie@juno.com writes:
>
>
> > Request all amphibians focus their psychic good tidings and other
> forms of
> > astral floatation support around 5 p.m. EST at Point of Rocks,
> Maryland (on
> > the Potomac River), where I will attempt my first swim.
> >
> > Finally....
> >
> >
> > Randy
> > '67 in Gaithersburg,MD
>
> Hi Randy,
> You know you will be fine. You did a very caring job on that lucky
> Amphi. The
> first swim in your mostly restored car a swim you will remember.
> It is a good thing you did, to save another Amphicar. It will be
> very
> grateful and give you years of fun. You will never regret your
> effort, I bet you can
> think of a lot of projects that took more effort and were a lot less
>
> rewarding.
> I think I speak for many of us when I say thanks, and enjoy the fun
> you
> deserve.
> Tommy sending psychic support from Tampa
> Red '68...
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>
> THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Before posting requests for information, please check the List
> Archives:
> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
> For more information about this List and other available services
> visit:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
> To UNsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel)
> at:
> amphicar770@yahoo.com
> This list is provided as a free service. Please support our sponsors
> at:
> http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>
>
 
T

tommyintpa@aol.com

Guest
In a message dated 5/30/03 8:10:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
billiam@erols.com writes:


> .
>
> But if you're doing that compression check tomorrow anyhow, do a spark test
> too: crank the engine with each of the of the spark plugs firmly attached to
> its lead, each in turn (so you don't mix them up). Hold the plug's threaded
> part against the engine block and look for 'lectricity.
>
> ~Bilgey~
Hi Randy,
You can do your motor test the sensible way Bilgey recommends,
or take your shoes off be sure the concert is a little damp, grasp each spark
plug firmly in your right hand and place your left forearm against the
generator. Have your son crank the Amphi and at the same time he is to try to
gage
how high your hair stands up. If you can just barely stand when you have done
all four you have good spark.:)
Do a wet and dry compression test so we can tell if you have a stuck ring.
Contact me off list if you have questions about this.
Bilgey will be correct this problem will be on the outside of your motor not
the inside.
One thing more, swim that baby with three cylinders kicking if you need too.
It will do fine don't go to far or go during a the middle of the day you will
have all the help you need. And any swim will be a good test swim. Any swim
will be good.
Tommy in Tampa


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
 
B

Bill Connelly

Guest
Thanks Tommy, but I apparently asked for the wrong support. It should
have been "keep the Amphi running on all 4 cylinders" support. An Amphi
on 4 cylinders is underpowered enough. On 3 cylinders it's pathetic.
Never made it to the river. I'll do a compression check tomorrow. I'm
guessing it's going to be a valve job. I hope it's not a compression
ring. Nonetheless, just driving around town always causes a minor
sensation. I love it.

Randy

=================

Randy:

There's a very high likelihood that it's something much much "easier" than a
valve job or rings that's the culprit: a bad plug (or wire), mismatched
spark plug wires, a bad distributor cap, rotor, or something like that is
FAR more likely.

But if you're doing that compression check tomorrow anyhow, do a spark test
too: crank the engine with each of the of the spark plugs firmly attached to
its lead, each in turn (so you don't mix them up). Hold the plug's threaded
part against the engine block and look for 'lectricity. I'll bet you find
the culprit that way. Also: double...no, TRIPLE-check the firing order of
the plugs and wires from the distributor! I can't even say how many times a
mismatch has come to light on this List after a rebuild as the cause of
similar woes.

~Bilgey~
 
R

Randy Bograd

Guest
Bill, Tommy, Dave,

Thanks. Hopefully it's an easy fix. I'm headed into garage now to do the
compression check. Will check wires and plugs, too.

Tommy: I have successfully used that method of testing for spark in the
past. I was 19 at the time. If I work up the nerve, I'll post a picture
of the result.

Randy

On Fri, 30 May 2003 23:05:19 -0400 "Bill Connelly" <billiam@erols.com>
writes:
> Thanks Tommy, but I apparently asked for the wrong support. It
> should
> have been "keep the Amphi running on all 4 cylinders" support. An
> Amphi
> on 4 cylinders is underpowered enough. On 3 cylinders it's
> pathetic.
> Never made it to the river. I'll do a compression check tomorrow.
> I'm
> guessing it's going to be a valve job. I hope it's not a
> compression
> ring. Nonetheless, just driving around town always causes a minor
> sensation. I love it.
>
> Randy
>
> =================
>
> Randy:
>
> There's a very high likelihood that it's something much much
> "easier" than a
> valve job or rings that's the culprit: a bad plug (or wire),
> mismatched
> spark plug wires, a bad distributor cap, rotor, or something like
> that is
> FAR more likely.
>
> But if you're doing that compression check tomorrow anyhow, do a
> spark test
> too: crank the engine with each of the of the spark plugs firmly
> attached to
> its lead, each in turn (so you don't mix them up). Hold the plug's
> threaded
> part against the engine block and look for 'lectricity. I'll bet
> you find
> the culprit that way. Also: double...no, TRIPLE-check the firing
> order of
> the plugs and wires from the distributor! I can't even say how many
> times a
> mismatch has come to light on this List after a rebuild as the cause
> of
> similar woes.
>
> ~Bilgey~
>
>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>
> THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Before posting requests for information, please check the List
> Archives:
> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
> For more information about this List and other available services
> visit:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
> To UNsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel)
> at:
> amphicar770@yahoo.com
> This list is provided as a free service. Please support our
> sponsors at:
> http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>
>
 
A

amphipoda

Guest
Dear Randy,
On behalf of my lovely Mermaid wife, our darling
Amphi, and myself... may your first swim surpass
all other clothed activities and each successive
swim be better than the first. Your life will
change in so many ways, from gill slits in your
neck to webbing between your toes, your night
vision will imporve, your ability to recite all
Amphicar facts & fiction, so enjoy this magical
transistion.
Be well, swim safe.

Amphipoda~
'64 Turquoise
San Diego, CA



--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, rdboggie@j... wrote:
>
> Request all amphibians focus their psychic good tidings and other
forms of astral floatation support around 5 p.m. EST at Point of
Rocks, Maryland (on the Potomac River), where I will attempt my first
swim.
>
> Finally....
>
>
> Randy
> '67 in Gaithersburg,MD
 
Top