Prop housing units

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
Hi Gord, all the best for 2020
I am rebuilding some prop shafts and i heard that you rebuild them with an extra grease nipple .I think that's a good idea .where did you drill the hole for it ? Near the rear bearing / in the middle ? Peter

I drill a hole and thread it 6mm near but inside the rear bearing, The Thought is the grease will flow out both ways. Just remember to put a grease nipple in after all is installed.

prop shafts.JPG

peterboz

Hi Gord thx for the reply.
So if i understand it correct it is the one row bearing where you drill the new hole nearby .
The side off the propellor.
Peter

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
No.. inside the bearing but close to it. there is already a fitting on the prop side, keep it too. . Tried to find a close up but none on Fl comp,

peterboz

No.. inside the bearing but close to it. there is already a fitting on the prop side, keep it too. . Tried to find a close up but none on Fl comp,
Ok so the one on the prop side i wanted to keep thats near the one row bearing , so i need to drill a new one near the other bearing at the engine side. Correct?

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
Hard to get message across without a picture.. New hole is aprox, 2 inches away from existing grease nipple on the other side of bearing,
this must be done when housing is empty so filings can be cleaned out.