project, info sent to my prospects

R

Robert Vondracek

<table>

<span class="984503701-28102007"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="4">I have a rollingAmphicar that ismostly disassembledexcept for the suspension and steering gear. The dash is intact. The steel is great (unusually good), and the original wiring is intact, unmolested,and appears to be in excellent condition. The rear quarters are rusty....typical. The original trays look fine...even the original battery tray looks good. You don't see too many of those. Theprevious owner even acquired the steel rear quarters<span class="843381512-28102007"> fromGordon</span>. They are ready to weld in.</font></span>
<span class="984503701-28102007"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="4"></font></span>
<span class="984503701-28102007"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="4">I may do the minor metal work,bead blast it,and prime it ready for minor body work and paint. There are no dents and just a couple minor dings in the body.It is very straight and rust-free. Both lids are excellent. This car is perfect for someone that wants to do a restoration.</font></span>
<span class="984503701-28102007"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="4"></font></span>
<span class="984503701-28102007"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="4">The previous owner (also the original owner....he bought it new)has beenstocking up lots of stuff for the restoration he had planned to do. He bought a restored tranny from Gordon Imports (Hugh Gordon is the undisputed guru of the Amphicar world)andhe rebuilt the motor. </font></span>
<span class="984503701-28102007"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="4">I've gotthe motorpacked-up to take it over to my machinist to partially disassemble itand inspect itto be sure that it was done right. I think that it was. The head was never bolted down which is a good thing since many important things can easily be seen and checked. The boresand pistons look perfect. The head looks good. It will be a super running engine</font></span>
<span class="984503701-28102007"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="4">My machinist also restores gas tanks and radiators, so I am also going to take them over to him. I am going to Chicago to see family tomorrow, so I am stayingthe night there and going to hisshop that isWest of the city Monday morning.The carb has been rebuilt, the clutch too.</font></span>
<span class="984503701-28102007"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="4">Most of the original parts look excellent. The seat framesand top frame look great. The advantage to someone doing a total restoration to this car is that it is already apart and the restoration is already in the works, and the body isunusually solid. Much of the work is done. </font></span>
<span class="984503701-28102007"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="4">I am going to finish the restoration of the motor so I can market it as ready to go. I am going to restore the gas tank and radiator.They look great, but I want to be sure they are restorable. The radiator shroud, wheels, lenses,wiper arms, floor, side glass, etc look good. The windshield is cracked. I do not know about the shocks. The brakes need to be gone through</font></span>
<span class="984503701-28102007"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="4">When these few things are finished in a few weeks, I plan to market it to my prospects &on eBayandto sell it for around $20K.</font></span>
<font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="4"></font>

<font face="Arial" size="2">All Things Amphicar & Trailer</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2">Rob</font><font face="Arial" size="2">ert</font><font face="Arial" size="2"> Vondracek</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2">219-405-1241</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2">http://www.allthingsamphicar.com</font>

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SNOWBIRD 1965 Amphi project General Amphicar Discussion 1
DavidC Anyone interested in the ultimate Amphicar muffler project ? General Amphicar Discussion 9
SNOWBIRD This winters Project. General Amphicar Discussion 26
mike_israel Non-Amphi garage project - shelves General Amphicar Discussion 4
Midwest Amphicar Amphicar project from Hell...I don't think so...do you? General Amphicar Discussion 1
SNOWBIRD Parts cars are now project cars Restorations in progress 3
D Progress finally, project amphi General Amphicar Discussion 1
E My Amphicar trip and project General Amphicar Discussion 2
C New restoration project begins General Amphicar Discussion 4
D floor project General Amphicar Discussion 0
B Looking for Project Amphi General Amphicar Discussion 0
D project 64 General Amphicar Discussion 0
D project General Amphicar Discussion 0
K Project Amphi for sale General Amphicar Discussion 0
R restoration project General Amphicar Discussion 3
E Project Car In Germany General Amphicar Discussion 0
W Amphicar 67 SALE project car General Amphicar Discussion 0
B wanted: Project Amphi General Amphicar Discussion 0
B Olde Newsletters Project Snagged General Amphicar Discussion 0
D project Amphicar wanted General Amphicar Discussion 4
R 1st annual Not So Big Trailer Company research project contest General Amphicar Discussion 0
D project Amphi General Amphicar Discussion 1
D media sand blasting Mt Dora project Amphi General Amphicar Discussion 0
D Amphicar project for sale General Amphicar Discussion 0
D I love having my own project Amphicar General Amphicar Discussion 0
E My Amphi Project General Amphicar Discussion 1
M Amphi Project. General Amphicar Discussion 0
D The perfect project General Amphicar Discussion 2
J Need info on restoring brakes General Amphicar Discussion 4
B First post Info on Restoration General Amphicar Discussion 8
Latitude33 Shipping a car info ?? General Amphicar Discussion 4
Jon March Seal types - good info General Amphicar Discussion 0
Jon March Any info on this cold air intake? General Amphicar Discussion 0
mike_israel Celina 2014 Swim-In Info General Amphicar Discussion 2
Akamphi Looking for Info on Alaskan Amphicars General Amphicar Discussion 0
SNOWBIRD Amphicar Info.Anything! General Amphicar Discussion 10
S Update/correction to Lake Dora Swim-In Info General Amphicar Discussion 0
Cruiserduck URGENT - Frankenmuth Swim In Hotel Info General Amphicar Discussion 5
T Looking for David Chapman contact info General Amphicar Discussion 2
R IAOC Newsletter / Roster / Info General Amphicar Discussion 24
D Ride the big wave with Rog and Dave info General Amphicar Discussion 2
L More useless info on Gibbs Aqua Car in US General Amphicar Discussion 1
L More useless info on Gibbs Aqua Car General Amphicar Discussion 0
B Celina Swim-in info General Amphicar Discussion 0
R side mirror info needed General Amphicar Discussion 11
A transport company info General Amphicar Discussion 3
A Aliminum radiator info... General Amphicar Discussion 1
A Decal info General Amphicar Discussion 0
A New member, but no contact info provided General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Personal info Googled General Amphicar Discussion 0