Problem with Insurance

M

Michael Echemann

Guest
The problem I've found with most insurance is that when directly asked if
they cover it while in the water you get a cold stare. I used to rely on
the fact that since they didn't tell me no and they knew it was an Amphicar
sooooooo, they probably would have to cover it......JC Taylor as I recall
wouldn't commit to water use and I can see a regular insurer such as All
State etc. having a big problem with it once it reached their corp. offices.
I switched to Hagerty last year and now I don't have to wonder about water
use and I thought the service and rates were great.


----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerald Okins" <okeyo@vcn.com>
To: <amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 10:21 PM
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] J C Taylor Insurance Co.


> Tommy-I use JC Taylor also, but I didn't think that water hazards were a
part of the deal. Have you checked into this? I have them because they're
cheap; I fear damage from a screwball on the road more than I fear water
hazards.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: tommyintpa@aol.com
> To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 8:57 PM
> Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] J C Taylor Insurance Co.
>
>
> I have used J C Taylor for Amphicar insurance. And the guy in Idaho I
got the
> car from used them too. Tommy in Tampa
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> ADVERTISEMENT
>
>
>
>
> THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Before posting requests for information, please check the List
> Archives:
> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
> For more information about this List and other available services
> visit:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
> To UNsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
> amphicar770@yahoo.com
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Before posting requests for information, please check the List
> Archives:
> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
> For more information about this List and other available services
> visit:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
> To UNsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
> amphicar770@yahoo.com
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>
 
A

amphi67

Guest
I'm certainly glad this discussion has started about insurance.
I've been using JC Taylor for eight years now and after reading Mike
Echemann's post I decided it might be a good idea to give them a call
about my policy. They did confirm that the Amphicar is not covered at
all while being used in water. I know I asked them this question
several years ago when I got my policy and I was told the car would
be covered while being used in the water or else I would not have
stayed with them this long! Needless to say....today I will be
switching over to Hagerty. Thanks everyone for bringing this to my
attention.

Rick Young
white '67 - Tennessee
 
J

Jeff Collins

Guest
Re: Re: Problem with Insurance

Do any of you know of any insurance companies that service Canada...Ontario
specifically...that do cover in water...we haven't been able to find any that
will cover in water at all up here.

Jeff Collins

amphi67 <Amphi67@aol.com> wrote:
I'm certainly glad this discussion has started about insurance.
I've been using JC Taylor for eight years now and after reading Mike
Echemann's post I decided it might be a good idea to give them a call
about my policy. They did confirm that the Amphicar is not covered at
all while being used in water. I know I asked them this question
several years ago when I got my policy and I was told the car would
be covered while being used in the water or else I would not have
stayed with them this long! Needless to say....today I will be
switching over to Hagerty. Thanks everyone for bringing this to my
attention.

Rick Young
white '67 - Tennessee


Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before posting requests for information, please check the List
Archives:
http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
For more information about this List and other available services
visit:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
To UNsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
amphicar770@yahoo.com


Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.



---------------------------------

Yahoo! Games - play chess, backgammon, pool and more

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
 
L

Larry Solheim

Guest
I signed up w/ JC Taylor in 1994 or so. I called them to discuss Amphicar
coverage and was assurred that I was covered as a car and as a boat. Other than
renewal I haven't had any correspondence since then, however.
--LarryS (planning the x-country journey to Celina, via many State and National
Parks!)
Michael Echemann <echemike@earthlink.net> wrote: The problem I've found with
most insurance is that when directly asked if
they cover it while in the water you get a cold stare. I used to rely on
the fact that since they didn't tell me no and they knew it was an Amphicar
sooooooo, they probably would have to cover it......JC Taylor as I recall
wouldn't commit to water use and I can see a regular insurer such as All
State etc. having a big problem with it once it reached their corp. offices.
I switched to Hagerty last year and now I don't have to wonder about water
use and I thought the service and rates were great.


----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerald Okins" <okeyo@vcn.com>
To: <amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 10:21 PM
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] J C Taylor Insurance Co.


> Tommy-I use JC Taylor also, but I didn't think that water hazards were a
part of the deal. Have you checked into this? I have them because they're
cheap; I fear damage from a screwball on the road more than I fear water
hazards.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: tommyintpa@aol.com
> To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 8:57 PM
> Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] J C Taylor Insurance Co.
>
>
> I have used J C Taylor for Amphicar insurance. And the guy in Idaho I
got the
> car from used them too. Tommy in Tampa
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> ADVERTISEMENT
>
>
>
>
> THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Before posting requests for information, please check the List
> Archives:
> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
> For more information about this List and other available services
> visit:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
> To UNsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
> amphicar770@yahoo.com
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Before posting requests for information, please check the List
> Archives:
> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
> For more information about this List and other available services
> visit:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
> To UNsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
> amphicar770@yahoo.com
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>



THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before posting requests for information, please check the List
Archives:
http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
For more information about this List and other available services
visit:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
To UNsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
amphicar770@yahoo.com


Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.



---------------------------------

Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
 
R

Randy Bograd

Guest
A few days ago I received an ad from Leland West Insurance Brokers:
"Collectible Car Insurance for the World's Most Passionate Drivers"
Their number is 800-237-4722
Website is: lelandwest.com

They appear to be located in Fresno, CA

The following sample quote is provided:

1956 Porche 356A
Annual Premium $244
Agreed Value of car: $35,000
Liability: $300,000
Annual miles permitted: 2,500
Deductible: $500

This is not an endorsement. I don't use them. Just providing another
option.
Their online quote tool provided the following for a 1967 Amphicar: $268
on an estimated value of $20k, $500 deductible and limited to 2,500 miles
a year. Clearly, that does not cover the water aspects of the vehicle.
Would need to talk to a human for that.

Randy in Gaithersburg
'67 soon to be blasted and primed.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C BIG Problem with tachometer cabling General Amphicar Discussion 1
Propcar50 Horn Problem Revisit General Amphicar Discussion 2
O Electrical problem General Amphicar Discussion 4
jean-marie problem with pounding noise in gearbox while driving General Amphicar Discussion 13
mike_israel Problem with duplicate postings on Amphicar forum General Amphicar Discussion 6
Midwest Amphicar Intermittent fuel problem solved General Amphicar Discussion 2
CapnJohn Odd electrical problem General Amphicar Discussion 3
Tom Laferriere Electrical Problem driving me crazy! General Amphicar Discussion 25
mike_israel Amphicar Forum Problem Resolved General Amphicar Discussion 0
T New G.Imports Chrome Headlight Trim Ring Problem??? General Amphicar Discussion 1
mike_israel Unusual Forum Problem? General Amphicar Discussion 1
G Spot the problem. General Amphicar Discussion 5
F fuel flow problem General Amphicar Discussion 2
W running problem update General Amphicar Discussion 2
W RUNNING PROBLEM General Amphicar Discussion 4
J Water Tranny Problem General Amphicar Discussion 1
T Front Wheel: Seal Install Problem General Amphicar Discussion 2
T Front Wheel Bearing problem General Amphicar Discussion 2
T WATER PUMP PROBLEM: General Amphicar Discussion 2
C Problem Solved! General Amphicar Discussion 4
L Prop Shaft Removal Problem (was Noisy Prop Shaft Tubes) General Amphicar Discussion 2
K Carb problem General Amphicar Discussion 0
R Me again! Starter problem... General Amphicar Discussion 0
B Wiper Problem Solved General Amphicar Discussion 4
D Speedometer Problem General Amphicar Discussion 2
T Problem with Front wheel Berring General Amphicar Discussion 3
A amphicar.com siet problem update... General Amphicar Discussion 0
M door latch problem General Amphicar Discussion 0
M Wandering problem solved.........again General Amphicar Discussion 3
A Radiator Problem General Amphicar Discussion 14
P Amphicar Nightmare Update / Clutch Problem in First Gear General Amphicar Discussion 2
B Accelerator/Clutch Problem General Amphicar Discussion 1
S Ebay- rear brake cylinder problem General Amphicar Discussion 0
M Electrical Problem General Amphicar Discussion 0
R convertible top problem General Amphicar Discussion 5
M Engine Mount Problem General Amphicar Discussion 2
B From Bilgemaster: You might have a virus problem... General Amphicar Discussion 0
A clutch problem General Amphicar Discussion 3
A HEADLIGHT PROBLEM General Amphicar Discussion 0
K Problem with HP muffler on early cars General Amphicar Discussion 3
D starting problem General Amphicar Discussion 4
B Starter Problem General Amphicar Discussion 6
G Starter/Solenoid problem General Amphicar Discussion 4
D tracking problem General Amphicar Discussion 5
M Help with a tracking Problem General Amphicar Discussion 5
Jon March Insurance pricing - land & water: General Amphicar Discussion 3
Jon March Insurance when towing Amphi vs when on road? General Amphicar Discussion 5
mike_israel Agreed value insurance policies General Amphicar Discussion 3
mike_israel Insurance - Barrett TDC General Amphicar Discussion 3
Jacques B. Amphicar Insurance needed in Canada General Amphicar Discussion 4
Similar threads


















































Top