pistons etc.

L

lah20car@aol.com

<font FACE="arial,helvetica"><font SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 4/25/2006 4:06:43 PM Central Daylight Time, jbihari@optometry.osu.edu writes:

<blockquote TYPE="CITE" style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">alright on an 1147</font><font COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="3" PTSIZE="12" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

</font><font COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">to mix two .020 over and two .040 pistons. Any opinions?</font><font COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="3" PTSIZE="12" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

</blockquote>

</font><font COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

Just my tooo cents but--- go all 40 over-exchange the 20,s from Gordons for what you need then sell the bad set of 40's on Ebay to the next investor with an honest description and write it off to a cheap educational experience. Don't mix piston sizes, they are sold as a set for a good reason.</font>

B

Bihari, James

<table dir="ltr">
<font size="2">Long story short: two of thepistons in my 1147 had rusted through at the top due to a bad head gasket</font>
<font size="2">and sitting around for 30 plus years, so I'm finally havingit reboredeither .020 over or .040 over (since</font>
<font size="2">two of those cylinders got a bit scored) and new pistons and rings etc. I got a set of four .020 pistons and</font>
<font size="2">rings fromGordonsthen my engine guy saw a set of four .040 over pistons on ebay and we got them all, but</font>
<font size="2">I guess he can only use 2 or 3 of the ebay pistons. </font><font size="2">Engine guysays it would be alright on an 1147</font>
<font size="2">to mix two .020 over and two .040 pistons. Any opinions?</font>
<font size="2">Shellee at Gordon's says thepistons come as a set of 4, so I have to keep all 4 or return all 4. If I could</font>
<font size="2">use 2 ebay pistons, and 2 of Gordon's, anyone want to buy a set of two new .020 over pistons and rings?</font>
<font size="2">If not, anyone want to buy any .040 pistons(I paid $53 for 4 of them--had them directly sent to engine guy</font>
<font size="2">so Ihaven't seen them yet, but I guess two are good, and the other two may be different or something?)</font>
<font size="2">Also I bought a new setrings (all 12) for .040 pistons from Advanced Performance Technology for $66</font>
<font size="2">that I may not need anymore.</font>

Jim Bihari
bihari.1@osu.edu
<font size="2"></font>
<font size="2"></font>
<font size="2"></font>
<font size="2"> Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:06:12 -0000
Subject: VINs

I just added VIN #422! Not too bad so far by scouring the net and club
records . I know more of you are out there so go to the registry...
(http://www.amphicar.com/goodies/vin_numbers.htm)
and look for your car's number. If it's not there, send me a pic and
the number. If the number is there and no picture, send me one of the
side of the car. Only 172 of 422 have photos!
This especially goes for those who have owned several cars. If we
could get everyone to add thiers we can get this fairly complete. I
know the information is out there, why are you holding it back?

John "VIN-tage" Bevins

</font>
<font size="2">Hi John, I clicked on that numbers link but it said I needed some kind of network password.</font>
<font size="2">Is that related to whatever password we would need to go to the members only part of the</font>
<font size="2">website? If so, I wonder what that password is. Maybe it's Open-sesame-seed-bun.</font>
<font size="2">Jim
</font>