old (used) parts

okey0

is there any reason to keep my old shock absorbers? maybe one of each to keep as an emergency back-up in case a new one breaks, but other than that? and what other original, warn parts off the car should be kept, instead of just tossing? I still have the original clutch, after installing the J. Friese clutch. is it worth anything on ebay or to just keep with the car?

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
There are some folks who say you should keep everything. I suppose that depends on your tolerance for clutter and availability of storage space.

If it is not something rebuildable and is not unique unobtanium, I tend to toss it or offer it for free or sale to others.

Most shocks are not rebuildable and the likelihood of new one failing is slim. Given the labor, I would never bother with a used clutch when new ones are available.

I do hoard hardware, nuts bolts, fasteners, etc. That stuff always comes in handy even if on another vehicle.

jfriese

Gerald,

When Hugh was alive he would ask for used pressure plates and disks. I believe they would pay something for them. You might give Gordon's a call and see if they would still like them.

John Friese
67 White
67 Red