NOS Original Amphicar wiper blades available.

These are a great find if you want to bring your Amphicar back to original condition. A pair of new and boxed SWF stamped wiper blades. We have bought a few sets and they are great, just about identical to original fit, the rubber in the blades are perfect and wipe cleanly, on some the rubber circle where the arm attaches needs replacing but that is easy with a short length of silicon vacuum tube.

I know repo blades are available but it's always nice to have original quality especially on a part that is so visible on the car.
The seller is in Greece but ships worldwide. When we last spoke to him he had 40 sets left.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221250886303?ru=http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=221250886303&_rdc=1

I should just add these are the later style fitted to later Amphicars (in Europe anyway) that are coated in a satin silver paint, they aren't the ones found on US Amphicars that are made of stainless, however they work the same, all the joints are tight which is important, and as you can see from the pictures you have to look closely to spot the difference.

jfriese

You guys should know that Gordon's is selling blades for just under $13 per blade and they claim they are stainless and chrome. That's about the same price with shipping as the $38/pair blades on Ebay. I haven't seen them since I use plastic wipers to protect the windshield in case something weird happens. I replaced both windshields on my cars when I bought them because of scratches on the glass that wouldn't buff out. I might get a set for shows however.

John Friese
67 White
67 Red

strandweiss62

I have a pair of NOS wipers (not from Cyprus) on my car and had to replace the rubber after a few weeks. The wiper edge had separated from the rest of the rubber. I would advise to replace the rubber soon, so the windshield is not damaged.

Yes we have seen NOS rubber parts where the rubber has failed, I think a lot depends how they are stored. These seem really good, the rubber is soft and pliable like the originals and they clean the screen perfectly. The box says made in West Germany so they are pre 1989 but could have been made 60s, 70s or even 1980s. Even if you do need to change the rubber in the future what is really nice is all the hinges are tight so the blade doesn't tilt like the originals do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jfriese More Original Amphicar Horns General Amphicar Discussion 1
J Original Amphicar Horns General Amphicar Discussion 0
M Original Amphicar Radio General Amphicar Discussion 2
6 Ready to sell a 1967 All Original Red any advise? General Amphicar Discussion 2
Jon March Original prototype General Amphicar Discussion 0
W Original Maintenance Manual Model 770 and Owners Manual General Amphicar Discussion 3
Jon March About the original bilge pump... General Amphicar Discussion 23
DavidC Original quality ATE brake parts might soon be available ! General Amphicar Discussion 2
Andreas Gomoll Original rims .... General Amphicar Discussion 1
C Original fuel tap General Amphicar Discussion 2
Jon March poll: original bilge pump mounting & depth gauge General Amphicar Discussion 1
Bilgemaster Original Amphi Key No. 5415? General Amphicar Discussion 13
C WANTED, Pr of old original propellors General Amphicar Discussion 0
Midwest Amphicar Restored or un restored-original You be judge General Amphicar Discussion 12
jfriese Original Battery Box Photos General Amphicar Discussion 0
mike_israel Wow! An Original Aerocar For Sale General Amphicar Discussion 6
R Original Horn Help? General Amphicar Discussion 2
C Resto guidlines/Original Amphicars General Amphicar Discussion 7
D Original replacement transmission seal discussion General Amphicar Discussion 0
R original red General Amphicar Discussion 0
R original red touch-u0 General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Original Hitch placement General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Original pump alternative General Amphicar Discussion 0
T read this Original pump alternative General Amphicar Discussion 1
T So you like the look of your original bilge pump... General Amphicar Discussion 2
C Colors and an original spare tire trade General Amphicar Discussion 0
R original colours General Amphicar Discussion 3
J Original Parts Manuals General Amphicar Discussion 0
J 1967 Amphicar Tub Toy Restorations in progress 3
DougFromBaltimore Amphicar - Servicing Rear Brakes without removing hubs and tip for attaching springs General Amphicar Discussion 9
S Rear Amphicar Shocks w/Small Diameter Spring - Rear Spring Specs? General Amphicar Discussion 2
mike_israel The only car I consider to be way cooler than the Amphicar General Amphicar Discussion 2
T Parting ways with my 64 Amphicar General Amphicar Discussion 0
AmazingOne Restored 1964 Amphicar for sale General Amphicar Discussion 0
chapron67 Wanted to buy: Nice, useable Amphicar. General Amphicar Discussion 3
mike_israel Annual costs of maintaining an Amphicar (Forum) ... General Amphicar Discussion 10
Jon March lot #012 - The next big Amphicar auction: end of This week! - lot #012 General Amphicar Discussion 4
strandweiss62 RHD Amphicar sold at Mecum General Amphicar Discussion 2
C Amphicar with Buick V6! General Amphicar Discussion 4
DavidC Amphicar club gift. General Amphicar Discussion 3
Andreas Gomoll „The Uganda-Amphicar“ - Brakeparts needed... General Amphicar Discussion 0
Latitude33 Amphicar cover General Amphicar Discussion 4
Andreas Gomoll ... my Amphicar has some specials.... Restorations in progress 2
B Amphicar Tow Bar General Amphicar Discussion 0
DavidC Anyone interested in the ultimate Amphicar muffler project ? General Amphicar Discussion 9
B Celina Amphicar Record General Amphicar Discussion 3
T Amphicar Furniture General Amphicar Discussion 6
mike_israel Amphicar Hawaiian Shirts - Order Deadline Approaching General Amphicar Discussion 0
Jon March the 3 different Amphicar factory driveshafts General Amphicar Discussion 2
W Having trouble finding outer boots for my Amphicar with Eddie Dillard rear axles. General Amphicar Discussion 12