New Auctions & Classifieds Feature at Amphicar-Lovers

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi All,

I have just finished incorporating the latest enhancement to the amphicar-lovers digest. Users may now post classified ads using traditional or auction style format.

Yes, there is always eBay. However, the target audience for many Amphicar parts, accessories, etc., are the very people who frequent this forum. I wanted to create a place where we could sell and trade items without incurring the ever increasing eBay fees. For now anyway, there will be no charge for posting ads or auctions. I may later consider a listing fee for non-amphicar items or for those persons who simply like to complain about everything they do get for free. :dft012:

I would like to thank the individuals who have contributed to the list. (I need to update a few more names as well). It is your contributions that allow me to pay for the enhancements such as the inclusion of this latest feature.

You will see a new link called "classifieds" at the top of the forum. Likewise, if you post a message in the previous classifieds forum it will take you to the new format. Those who subscribe to email alerts (again, thanks to our contributors) will recieve notification whenn new ads are posted.

Do give it a try and let me know how it works. I have created a bogus listing that anyone can bid on and, unless it you are Poda or dave the Wave, you are not obligated to complete the purchase! :D

Cheers,

Mike Israel
Amphicar Lovers List/Digest Admin

sublimate

Ooops, I broke it. :)

Will completed auctions be visible for at least some time after they end?
I don't see how to view it if it's still there.

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
Ooops, I broke it. :)

Will completed auctions be visible for at least some time after they end?
I don't see how to view it if it's still there.
No, you did not break it, you bought it! :D

I just changed settings so that completed auctions/sales will remain visible after sale.

Looks like we already have a few legitimate classifieds and auctions so I will delete my fake one for now.

R

Ron Green

Mike,

Looks great, thanks for taking the time and creating this. Now I have to find the time to gather some parts I no longer have a use for and post.

Ron Green

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback. I am tweaking as I hear from folks. For example, a default setting prohibited ad posters from editing them after a certain time period. I have changed that, you may edit your ads as needed, add pics, etc.

Do let me know if you encounter any problems. I am working n a few enhacements as well, be patient!