Mt. Dora 2013 dates

rayhand

Amphibians, Sunnyland is holding their show the weekend of March 22, 2013. Will we be holding our own meet the same weekend as Sunnyland? Will we go with Sunnyland if invited or will we go it alone again? The reason that I'm asking is that I have started work on the poster for our 2013 Swim-In & the date is an important part of the poster. I know that there are pros & cons to this. Let the fact finding (do they want us back or not) & the discussions began. The boat show & spring is just seven short months away. Ray Handloser

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
The "Out Cast" Amphicar show. Based in Mt Dora. If they invited us, we could visit them if we wanted. But I think another year off (away from boat show) would be good for both groups. We will need some help from Mt. Dora to take complete control of at least half of the boat ramp. "United we float,divided we sink" Later Gator Wave. P.S. the sooner the decision the better the coverage in assorted promotional magazines.

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
Last year(away from boats) was the best swin in inFl. yet! lots of swimin.....
Lets keep it up.
Rons already in Fl. for the duration!!! (lady freind) Me.. don't know yet when Im going to be there. looking for a home with agarage or is that a garage with a home.

rayhand

We (Lynne and I) will do what most of us (the Amphicar guys) want to do. If "we" want to go back to the boat show she and I will go also. But I think we should say no thank you to the boat show.
The city of Mt Dora sure did do all they could for us and for us to go away after only one year, I don't think that would reflect so good on us as a group.
I think Mt Dora uses an Amphicar in some of there printed literature they produce. They want us.
Screw the boat show. But if we stay away we all need to stay away.
Remember Lynne and I are both members of Sunnyland but I vote to stay away at least one year after they ask us to come back.
Did they ask us to come back to the boat show this year?

rayhand

Mt. Dora Amphicar Swim-In 2013: There has been a few good ideas floating (no pun) around. What we need is a organizational/ question chart for polling & voting. I have sent Mike Israel a e-mail @ amphicar770@ yahoo.com asking him if there is any way that the Amphicar Forum can support polling & voting, but have not heard back from him. Is there anyone who has another way of contacting him? Is there another computer way to set up for polling & voting? Ray Handloser

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
First things first. Finalize the date. I make a motion to make the Dora Swim In Dates March 21 (Thursday) to March 24th (Sunday). Than we can fill in the blanks.
Mike and I totally enjoyed hosting the bar b que on Thursday . I would like to "call" Thursday again.

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
Rayhand...4 messages up you just put everyones private email on public display for spammers to steel..
Can you remove it!!!.

Its cold and Rainy already... Thinking of Florida!

But at least im inside.. started working on the Fibreglass Amphicar again, Front end is glassed on!