Maint. Manual reproduction - VIN numbers

  • Thread starter tommyintpa@aol.com
  • Start date
T

tommyintpa@aol.com

Guest
<font FACE="arial,helvetica"><font SIZE="3" FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Calisto MT" LANG="0">In a message dated 11/7/01 11:46:52 AM Pacific Standard Time, minnow@amphicar.net writes:



</font><font COLOR="#000000" SIZE="2" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

<blockquote TYPE="CITE" style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Bilgy - You had mentioned the locations for the VIN numbers. I found
them in 5 places on my car (101027). Stamped in the L frame horn in the trunk

- Stamped in the center of the hood (just inside the circular opening)

- Stamped in the bracket for the light pole under the engine cover.



John





</blockquote>

</font><font COLOR="#000000" SIZE="3" FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Calisto MT" LANG="0">Hi All, So I went out to take a look at Snappy the White 64 100289 and I cannot find any of those extra number locations. Will you please give a little better description of the locations for the three above? Please. Tommy in Tampa

</font>
 
C

Cap''n John

Guest
Just as an FYI, I am still working on the reproduction manuals albeit
slow. The weather here has been so nice that they just don't get the
attention, the Amphi in the garage does. Be assured they are being
worked. The schematics that I thought were done had a couple problems
that need addressed. Those who have send payment for thiers will get
a bonus for thier patience.

My garage is un-insulated and not heated either. These nice 65+ days
are really helpful. This weekend is a replace the seals weekend and
maybe next weekend I can get the engine in finally! The trunk is 95%
complete, the bilge is 80% done, and lots of misc things left. New
seals in both propshafts, rebuild the bilge pump, adjust top bows and
so much more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bilgy - You had mentioned the locations for the VIN numbers. I found
them in 5 places on my car (101027).
- Stamped in the firewall next to the bilge pump
- Stamped in the VIN tag
- Stamped in the L frame horn in the trunk
- Stamped in the center of the hood (just inside the circular opening)
- Stamped in the bracket for the light pole under the engine cover.

John
 
E

Ed Howard

Guest
Are their any numbers stamped on the engine block that
would match these VIN's you have listed and therefore
clarify whether or not we have the original engine
block (i.e., "numbers match") in our cars?

Ed Howard
Orange County, CA
64 Red

--- Cap'n John <minnow@amphicar.net> wrote:
> Just as an FYI, I am still working on the
> reproduction manuals albeit
> slow. The weather here has been so nice that they
> just don't get the
> attention, the Amphi in the garage does. Be assured
> they are being
> worked. The schematics that I thought were done had
> a couple problems
> that need addressed. Those who have send payment for
> thiers will get
> a bonus for thier patience.
>
> My garage is un-insulated and not heated either.
> These nice 65+ days
> are really helpful. This weekend is a replace the
> seals weekend and
> maybe next weekend I can get the engine in finally!
> The trunk is 95%
> complete, the bilge is 80% done, and lots of misc
> things left. New
> seals in both propshafts, rebuild the bilge pump,
> adjust top bows and
> so much more.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Bilgy - You had mentioned the locations for the VIN
> numbers. I found
> them in 5 places on my car (101027).
> - Stamped in the firewall next to the bilge pump
> - Stamped in the VIN tag
> - Stamped in the L frame horn in the trunk
> - Stamped in the center of the hood (just inside the
> circular opening)
> - Stamped in the bracket for the light pole under
> the engine cover.
>
> John
>
>


__________________________________________________

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com
 
C

Cap''n John

Guest
--- In amphicar-lovers@y..., Ed Howard <edsonh2000@y...> wrote:
> Are their any numbers stamped on the engine block that
> would match these VIN's you have listed and therefore
> clarify whether or not we have the original engine
> block (i.e., "numbers match") in our cars?
>
> Ed Howard
> Orange County, CA
> 64 Red

Ed,
The engine number will be stamped on your VIN tag (along with the VIN
number). If they match, then you have an original engine.

John
 
M

minnow@amphicar.net

Guest
> Hi All, So I went out to take a look at Snappy the White 64 100289
and I
> cannot find any of those extra number locations. Will you please
give a
> little better description of the locations for the three above?
Please. Tommy
> in Tampa

Tommy,

I will take some photos of each location and get them posted maybe
tomorrow or over the weekend.

JB
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A On-line Maint manual General Amphicar Discussion 7
A Maint. Manual update - How many parts in an Amphicar? General Amphicar Discussion 3
C Members Only Maint. Manual - Interiors - Radio wanted General Amphicar Discussion 0
C Members only Maint. Manual and body work update... General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Maint. Manuals on CD - Alan Jackson General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Maint. Manuals on CD - UPDATE General Amphicar Discussion 0
C Maint. Manuals on CD? General Amphicar Discussion 1
C New Maint. Manuals General Amphicar Discussion 1
W Original Maintenance Manual Model 770 and Owners Manual General Amphicar Discussion 3
Jon March Engine compartment - !@# manual scraping. stripping, degreasing, sanding, priming, painting General Amphicar Discussion 6
dutchamphi Printable Owner's Manual General Amphicar Discussion 1
mike_israel Amphicar Owner's Manual Available On-Line General Amphicar Discussion 2
mike_israel Amphicar Owner's Manual General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Solex Carb Manual on-line General Amphicar Discussion 3
G Haynes Manual General Amphicar Discussion 0
M Service manual-John Bivens General Amphicar Discussion 5
A Parts manual on line General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Clunking - Brace - Parts Manual CD Upgrade General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Manual sets General Amphicar Discussion 0
L owners manual General Amphicar Discussion 2
A Manual pre-orders General Amphicar Discussion 1
A On-line parts manual General Amphicar Discussion 0
C Manual reproductions General Amphicar Discussion 3
C Maintenance Manual is now complete. General Amphicar Discussion 0
C Maintenance Manual General Amphicar Discussion 1
M Parts Manual Site and browsers General Amphicar Discussion 0
T Spare parts manual Plate 49 General Amphicar Discussion 0
J More on Speedvision tapes / Jack handle / Main. Manual on CD General Amphicar Discussion 0
C reproduction thoughts General Amphicar Discussion 1
D Really a 63? German help Tires needed reproduction tags General Amphicar Discussion 4
Top