Letters. emails

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
A few friend have sent me letters and emails they recieved from a certain person.I will not lower myself to his level to even respond but would like to know whom also got these anoying letters. let me know here or off line
GORD.

Bilgemaster

Yeah Gord, I got one of those love letters a couple of weeks
ago...though I honestly cannot imagine why he thinks I might have some
solution to whatever problem(s) he has, or for that matter even care
enough to thank him for sharing his...um...'thoughts' with this lovely
postcard depicting a scene that I am sure any Amphicar owner would
appreciate:
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/lake_nobody_cares.jpg

Having glanced through his packet's rather disordered ramblings, I still
see no reason to adjust my original assessment posted to this List some
while back. In fact, come to think of it, perhaps we should all send
him this high quality cotton T-Shirt emblazoned with that very
assessment:
http://www.zazzle.com/a_bunny_with_a_pancake_on_its_head_tshirt-235791067523091721

Regards,
Bilgey

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 6:46 am, Canadian four amphs wrote:

> A few friend have sent me letters and emails they recieved from a
> certain person.I will not lower myself to his level to even respond but
> would like to know whom also got these anoying letters. let me know
> here or off line
> GORD.
>
>

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Gord,

I received one.* After reading it I was completely convinced that this guy is a barking mad nutter.

He sent a bunch of "before and after" pictures.* What*I saw in the "before" was a very rough car before with many unsalvageable parts that he then complains were replaced.* I guess he has no clue that many replacement parts are indeed unobtanium and you can not just go to Pep Boys and get a factory NOS replacement.* My favorite was the picture of a mangled mess of non-factory wiring and relays next to the battery box which you properly replaced in the "after" pictures.* He then claims that you screwed up his "factory original" wiring.*

The sad thing is that although you apparently settled, he then feels he has to tell his story to the world.** Don't settlements usually contain a non-disclosure clause?* In any event, I think his feeble efforts to make you look bad back-fired and he only succeeeded in making himselrf look like a bitter old fool and a guy that any restoration shop would want to stay far away from.

Cheers,

Mike

Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:46:26 AM
Subject: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20480] Letters. emails

A few friend have sent me letters and emails they recieved from a certain person.I will not lower myself to his level to even respond but would like to know whom also got these anoying letters. let me know here or off line
GORD.

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
I look at it a little different. True he shows pics of what he thinks is correct and is not. But it gets back to expectations. For Me it is a warning to be more careful in inventorying of parts and condition of car. The longer a car sits and gets moved around the greater chance of being forgetful or to actually "losing" a part. Back to expectations...this will always be the hardest part. Is the job good enough? Is it how the customer really wanted it? This is were pictures, calls, emails and hopefully customer visits before job is done to resolve any conflicts. The ending always is too stressful. So many variables. So many hours on unseen money sucking details and tweaking. Which can easily start a fight. Bad etiquette on sending envelope out but a great resource/learning tool for Me. Later Dave the Wave

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
... But it gets back to expectations. For Me it is a warning to be more careful in inventorying of parts and condition of car. The longer a car sits and gets moved around the greater chance of being forgetful or to actually "losing" a part. Back to expectations...this will always be the hardest part. Is the job good enough? Is it how the customer really wanted it?
I will say that this is where Dave was great to work with when he restored my Amphi.

Any parts he thought were junk, he always asked if I wanted to use it, if he should return it to me, or if he should just trash it. For salvageble parts that were being replaced anyway (i.e. the generator) he always asked if I wanted it back, if he could buy it from me to use on another car, etc. Likewise, there were numerous calls to the effect of, "my body guy thinks he has completed some obscure area to a good enough state. I think if he spends a few more hours it could be perfect, do you want to pay for the additional hours or leave it as is?" Other calls were around presenting options for using original parts versus reproduction or substitution parts.

Gord very likely did the same thing with this person. But Dave is right on the money when he says a restoration is a big undertaking and you are establishing a relationship. Make sure you are aligned up front and along the way. If you are looking for a Pebble Beach best of show but the message to the restorer was, "I am on a strict budget", you can expect to be dissapointed. The responsibility for an amicable ending is shared EQUALLY with both the customer and the restorer.

CapnJohn

Amphi Guru & Former IAOC President
I have a stack of pixs and such from him. I didn't get a recent letter probably because I refused to be a part of the whole thing long ago. No matter who "wins"... I loose so I refused in spite of threats of a subpoena. I'm glad I don't see G.R's number on caller I'd.

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
I will not reply to this guy but I do plan to do a whole story of this awfull afair and have it published ith the "wheels and wave" If the executive will let me, to clear my good name.I know most of you know me and know its all pugywuggy,but some may not and I now make my living 100% on Amphicars and it is slow right now!

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
OK it time to fight fire with fire!
This was supose to be over.
I borrowed alot of Money to get him off my case! The lawer said this was to it... no more.
Yesterday I got a Visit form the Ministy of Envorment.. Sent by You Know Who!
Its time to bombard him with letters or emails.. tell him what you think of a CHILD that can't let go, whom throws these kinds of hoggywash out of untrues and lies!

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
:

(Didn't your lawyer create an agreement between you and the unhappy owner,
saying legal things to the effect that this settlement would be final,
binding both of you to the terms and preventing any and all further actions?

If so, then maybe it's time for your lawyer to send the unhappy owner a
reminder of those terms, with a promise that violations would be considered
a breach of the agreement and permitting you to take multiple legal actions
against him?)

All that has been done , letters were sent to tell him to stop but the court procedings were here in Canada and he is Still in USA,,
I hope the border guys can nab him if he ever comes home!
GORD

_____