Lake of the Ozarks

kdroy

Yeh!!!!!
It looks like I'll be able to make it to the Ozarks.!
I haven't been to Celina,Ozarks, etc for several years now.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to bring my Amphi,
so I'm hoping a few of my fellow amphibions will be kind enough
to give me a ride or two to some of the events.
I'll probably leave Wed & get in late Wed night & stay at the Alhonna.
When do most people leave? Sun or Mon morning??
Till later...Ken Roy from MN

jfriese

Hi Ken,

Glad you're coming. It was a great time last year and it looks like much of the same this year. Most folks leave Sunday and more on Monday. I'll be arriving on Wednesday and may not leave until the following Wednesday.

John Friese
67 White
67 Red

DavidC

Amphicar Expert
Oh yes, you've got to be there, it's shaping up to be a fab event, I understand that a couple who work at 14330 Iseli Road will also be attending.

Glad that John Friese is bringing his Amphicar, for anyone that hasn't seen it his car is a benchmark on how a properly engineered and sorted Amphicar should look and drive.

I'm going to be there from Friday until Monday and as I'll be flying in with an empty suitcase I'm going to bring some English food to share for late night snacking, will include Worcester Sauce and Cheese and Onion crisps, wine gums and ginger nuts !

David C

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
We are working like crazy trying to get BW4 to just operate. Now has new shocks, bilge pumps and depth finder. Hope to have windows and a top.Should be wearing a new coat of white epoxy primer!! See Y' all there!! Later Dave the Wave

cigarman

Amphicar Expert
David C. writes:
I'm going to bring some English food to share for late night snacking, will include Worcester Sauce and Cheese and Onion crisps, wine gums and ginger nuts!

Did I hear English food from David? COOL! Save me some gingernut cookies!!!

Cigarman

DavidC

Amphicar Expert
Ozarks weather forecast is excellent for the 25th - 28th. Sunny and temps
in the high 70s, low 80s.

David C

Midwest Amphicar

Just entered hour 60 on BW4. Just so it looks good from 20 feet!!. I still have to resolve the stalling problem but why worry? Water is only like 260 feet deep! Hopefully We can leave Thursday. Damned work getting in way of play!! Later Dave the Wave

kdroy

Darn it.......
After getting all excited about going to the Ozarks, something came up & I can't make it.
I'm going to have to rely on all of you to have fun & have a beer for me.
Maybe next year....
Ken Roy MN

Dave, If it stalls, just do what I do, get out and push! Ha See you Thur.
Larry

----- Original Message ----
To: larrydepasquale@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 11:52:49 AM
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20179] Re: Lake of the Ozarks

Just entered hour 60 on BW4. Just so it looks good from 20 feet!!. I still have to resolve the stalling problem but why worry? Water is only like 260 feet deep! Hopefully We can leave Thursday. Damned work getting in way of play!! Later Dave the Wave

Midwest Amphicar

:D Almost ready, Next year I will be ready, say it over and over. Maybe in a couple hours We will be heading out.:dft003: Later Dave the got to get the heck out of here Wave.

Attachments

• whiteleft.JPG
    whiteleft.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 38

DavidC

Amphicar Expert
I happen to know there is an English bloke in a red Ford Mustang who is at the moment driving in to the sunset about 80 miles west of Ozarks !

See you tomorrow.

David C

amphi_sc

I happen to know there is an English bloke in a red Ford Mustang who is at the moment driving in to the sunset about 80 miles west of Ozarks !

See you tomorrow.

David C

That will be interesting ... already west of the Ozarks and driving into the sunset?? Since the English blokes drive on the wrong side of the road, I guess it is only natural for them to head in the wrong direction too!