Introducing a unique

HO-ME-X

Hello AmphiCar Community!

I recently found this forum and I would like to present you a real unique today...

History of the car

The car I want to introduce you here is a real unique.
I designed this car during the period of 1983 and 1985 and finally completed it.
The vehicle was taken during my apprenticeship as a toolmaker in difficult conditions, because it was very difficult to find materials and special parts in the German Democratic Republic (GDR).

Even in ints raw state and without any installed drive it went to its first water ride on the Elbe, leashed to a large K-700, to test the suitability to the water and the concept…triumphant.
Subsequently, the vehicle was completed as far as possible and presented to the public in 1987, e.g. on the Erfurter Motor Show. Here it drew everyone’s attention.
An authorization for the road in the GDR was denied because it could serve as an escape vehicle. The danger to leave the country across a lake was to big.
After the turn I move from Wittenberg to Holzminden and I had no time for the car.
So it was left in a barn for years, well wrapped in addition to hay and straw.
2010 I resuscitated the project and restored it. A big highlight was the first water ride in May 2011. It became clear that the car not only makes a good impression on the street. It also makes a good figure on the water, it works flawlessly and makes a lot of fun.

About the technology

The amphibious vehicle complies to the general provisions of the road traffic.
Since it is one of a kind it has never been certified by TÜV and has not registered for road.

Technically and conceptually, the vehicle hat some revolutionary approaches for its year of construction. The car has a self-supporting auto-body, which is completely welded. Below the doors are frame rails. The mainpower of the front axle is guided over a help frame and a grid construction to the frame rail. The mainpower of the rear axle were transferred over compression legs to the car body.
The welded car wings on the front and the rear as well as a massive antiroll bar build a festive unit together with the car body. Toward the body the car is arranged so that the resistance is minimized in the water. The floor in the front range is slightly V-shaped. In the rear is exactly the opposite. In conjunction with the screw shaft this construction promote the behaviour in the water. Furthermore it owns independent wheel suspension in the front and the rear. The front axle is nearly the same as in the Trabant, but was accordingly modified by removing the drive. The coach spring and the steering are located in a cannel outside and therefore only a suitable sealed steering column leads into the inner. The rear wheel suspension works like in a motor-bike. The car is powered by a motor-and-gear unit of the type Skoda MB1000. The full-floating axle transfer the driving force in the wheel case and from here via chain pinion to the back wheels. If the car is moved in the water, the drive takes place by a motor driven propeller. The power flow is performed by a crankshaft across a claw coupling and 2 double cardan joints to the propeller. The car can be moved by a hand-gas. The steering takes place by the front-wheels. The complete electrical 12 V equipment was build for this vehicle and follows the general rules. Entry is through 2 watertight doors, which can be closed by a key. In the front part is a generous luggage compartment. In the inner of the car the compromise between road and water vehicle continous. By Opening the rear bench a patient surface can be manufactured in a short time. To promote the drive out of the water a installed spill can be used which is driven by the main motor.

For reasons of time and place of residence I could imagine to sell the car. If you are interested in buying or if you have any questions please contact me.

Greets from HO-ME-X