Insurance when towing Amphi vs when on road?

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
Not sure about the coverage when vehicle is being trailered. Is that what Hagerty told you?

Like everything else, cost has increased in recent years. I am just under $1k but that is for Amphi at $75k AGV, my Porsche 914, Peugeot Mi16 and my open deck trailer. CT is probably more expensive than PA. Could possibly save a few bucks elsewhere but Hagerty is highly trusted and proven when you need them.

Jon March

thanks Mike-yes: a fellow at Hagerty seems to have said that if something "happened" to the car while being trailered, that they would not cover and that it would fall under the liability of the towing vehicle. So i need to call back to double check. Also found this - which is good info:

Last edited:

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
I'm not a lawyer but to me this sounds like liability is covered via the vehicle doing the towing but any damage to the trailered vehicle is covered by trailered vehicle's collision policy.

GERRY&LORI

Just got off the phone with Hagerty and our policy is covered in full while it's on the trailer.
Possibly Jon you were misinformed or your not insured correctly.

Jon March

Yes Mike - you nailed it: I just called em back: If there is an incident while trailering, the Hagerty policy would cover damage to the covered car being towed, but any other injury or damage to other property (damage to a phone pole, other car, persons, etc) would be covered by the towing-vehicles liability limits. Thanks for the help.