Headlight Rings

auburnamphi

My new headlight rings just arrived from Gordons,I transfered the rubber gaskets from the old rings.The problem is that with the gasket on, I can not put the rings on.:032:It seems like the new rings inside diameter is too small.Has any one else purchased these rings or having the same problem?
Or is there a trick to it!!
Thanks Steve

Propcar50

I have them and had the same problem. I called Hugh. They are no longer made to keep water out. Do not use the gasket. Simply put them on with the single screw.

Randy
Maryland

-------------- Original message --------------

My new headlight rings just arrived from Gordons,I transfered the rubber gaskets from the old rings.The problem is that with the gasket on, I can not put the rings on.It seems like the new rings inside diameter is too small.Has any one else purchased these rings or having the same problem?
Or is there a trick to it!!
Thanks Steve

Tedredamphi

Platinum Subscriber
I have a new set of headlight rings from Hugh that I cant get to fit on my buckets. The new chrome rings won't clip over and stay on the upper lip of the buckets. Looks like the edge of the new chrome rings is almost flat and not rolled like the originals. Has anyone else had the same problem? Any idea how to correct it?
Thanks,
Ted