Hagerty Insurance and Making Claims

Countdown Clock to Amphicar Forums Shutdown

R

Randy Tusone

Guest
I just thought I'd pass this little tid-bit along to the list. This goes
especially to those who said that Billy should put in a claim to the insurance
rather than ask for help from friends about when he got stuck in the Delaware.

If you put in a claim to Hagerty insurance YOU WILL BE DROPPED! Be forwarned.
Even though Billy called them and talked with them about this specific issue
before putting in the claim for the Delaware. He wanted to make sure he wasn't
going to get dropped. Now, however, when his time came for renewal he got notice
that he was being dropped. After about 20 phone calls he was told it was because
of the claim last summer. They also told him they are specifically looking for
amphicars with claims to drop.

"This is your only warning."
Blessings
Randy



---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
 
M

Mike Israel

Guest
Hi Randy,

Thanks for the information.

I recall that the costs to recover Billy's Amphi from
the Delaware were very high given the complexity of
the recovery operation. Last you told us, they were
evaluating the costs. Did Hagerty ultimately pay that
claim? The one positive thing we often hear about
Hagerty is that they do pay as promised.

If they did pay out on the claim you have to give them
vredit for honoring their agreements , even if they
dropped you at renewal time . It is not uncommon for
insurance companies to drop clients following
unusually high payouts.

Thanks Again.

Mike I.

--- Randy Tusone <randy6789@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> If you put in a claim to Hagerty insurance YOU WILL
> BE DROPPED! Be forwarned. Even though Billy called
> them and talked with them about this specific issue
> before putting in the claim for the Delaware. He
> wanted to make sure he wasn't going to get dropped.
> Now, however, when his time came for renewal he got
> notice that he was being dropped. After about 20
> phone calls he was told it was because of the claim
> last summer. They also told him they are
> specifically looking for amphicars with claims to
> drop.
>
> "This is your only warning."
> Blessings
> Randy
>
>


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
 
E

Eric M

Guest
Not sure about this. I know I had a claim with them and have no
problems. No cancellation either. I remember a few other members
talking about claims that were positive experiences as well.

I'm still very happy with them.

Eric



--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, Randy Tusone <randy6789@y...>
wrote:
> I just thought I'd pass this little tid-bit along to the list.
This goes especially to those who said that Billy should put in a
claim to the insurance rather than ask for help from friends about
when he got stuck in the Delaware.
>
> If you put in a claim to Hagerty insurance YOU WILL BE DROPPED! Be
forwarned. Even though Billy called them and talked with them about
this specific issue before putting in the claim for the Delaware. He
wanted to make sure he wasn't going to get dropped. Now, however,
when his time came for renewal he got notice that he was being
dropped. After about 20 phone calls he was told it was because of the
claim last summer. They also told him they are specifically looking
for amphicars with claims to drop.
>
> "This is your only warning."
> Blessings
> Randy
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
 
R

Randy Tusone

Guest
Hi Mike,

1. Yes, Hagerty did pay most of the claim which was high. However,
2. When Billy talked to them this summer, he was very thorough. I think he may
have spoken with everyone there to find out why because the notice he got did
not say he was being dropped because of claims. When he spoke to the underwriter
he was told that any amphicar being insured is being looked at VERY closely and
if they make any claims or get any moving violations they will be dropped,
PERIOD.

So, yes they did honor their aggreement, however, when they dropped Billy they
told him what I wrote in the last paragraph.

Believe what you want.
Randy

Mike Israel <amphicar770@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Randy,

Thanks for the information.

I recall that the costs to recover Billy's Amphi from
the Delaware were very high given the complexity of
the recovery operation. Last you told us, they were
evaluating the costs. Did Hagerty ultimately pay that
claim? The one positive thing we often hear about
Hagerty is that they do pay as promised.

If they did pay out on the claim you have to give them
vredit for honoring their agreements , even if they
dropped you at renewal time . It is not uncommon for
insurance companies to drop clients following
unusually high payouts.

Thanks Again.

Mike I.

--- Randy Tusone wrote:
>
> If you put in a claim to Hagerty insurance YOU WILL
> BE DROPPED! Be forwarned. Even though Billy called
> them and talked with them about this specific issue
> before putting in the claim for the Delaware. He
> wanted to make sure he wasn't going to get dropped.
> Now, however, when his time came for renewal he got
> notice that he was being dropped. After about 20
> phone calls he was told it was because of the claim
> last summer. They also told him they are
> specifically looking for amphicars with claims to
> drop.
>
> "This is your only warning."
> Blessings
> Randy
>
>


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com


THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before posting requests for information, please check the List
Archives:
http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
For more information about this List and other available services
visit:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
To UNsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
amphicar770@yahoo.com
This list is provided as a free service. Please support our sponsors at:
http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762


Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
 
M

Mike Israel

Guest
Sometimes it is a matter of which underwriter winds up
with the case on his or her desk. When I called to
add my Alfa to my policy they told me it was not old
enough. I later spoke to another person who said that
since I was an existing customer in good standing that
covering my Alfa would be no problem.

Sounds like Billy's good luck was that they paid the
claim. Bad luck that they then dropped his coverage.

I suspect that if they wanted to drop Amphi owners
that they would not really need an excuse. They could
simply state that they are no longer covering them.
I'll stick with them until then.



__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
 
Top