Glove Box Locking Tab

azpaul50

Anyone have a parts car to remove the glove box locking tab from? Mine doesn't have one and I don't have anything use as a pattern to make one. This is the tab that hangs down from the top of the glovebox opening in the dash. The door lock catches it and it has a little rubber cushion for the door to push against. Please advise price and whether paypal is accepted. I tried Gordon but they don't have one. Thx. - azpaul50

Tedredamphi

Platinum Subscriber
Paul,
I don't have a spare, but you can borrow mine to make a copy from. I just finished installing my glove box and have the catch sitting in from of me.
Better yet, how about I just build you one. Shouldn't be much trouble. I also have a nice "original" glove box to get rid of. Too nice to just throw away.
Ted Matthews
----- Original Message -----
To: mattted@swbell.net
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:00 AM
Subject: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20295] Glove Box Locking Tab

Anyone have a parts car to remove the glove box locking tab from? Mine doesn't have one and I don't have anything use as a pattern to make one. This is the tab that hangs down from the top of the glovebox opening in the dash. The door lock catches it and it has a little rubber cushion for the door to push against. Please advise price and whether paypal is accepted. I tried Gordon but they don't have one. Thx. - azpaul50

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
You must remember there are 2 Gordons, Hugh Gordon and Gordon Souter,
Althou im in Florida, resting(yea right) my broken leg.
I think I do have a few NOS brakets at home, but can not check till end of April,
emailo me off line. go to my website.at top of page,
GORD SOUTER

PeterP

I keep kicking around the idea of creating an online library of CAD drawings for this stuff, but I suspect that it would take forever to get even the major parts drawn up. Accounting for the different versions by year would be a major headache too.