Georgia car

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
Dave sandblasted 006.jpg Summer 2014 Started welding up all the holes,
Primed and painted interior, and back side of quarters. Now to weld them on.

Dave Aug. 3ed 005.jpg

Dave Aug. 3ed 012.jpg

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
Sept 10st Dave 001.jpg Sept 10th 2014..
Car is in primer(note the blue tint I added to primer) on outside painted inside and bottom
Starting to put things back inside car while on the rotierie
much easyer than crawing in car to just stand and assemble

Sept 10st Dave 005.jpg

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
All the work you see here, other than the media blasting /acid dipping,, is done by me, not even a helper, I do the mig welding ,grinding, sanding, body work, wireing, assembly, interior on seat etc. dont even have to look at a book to figure out this mess of wireing!

Sept 10st Dave 008.jpg

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
Sept 20th.. Back on wheels. Rebuilt the trany, That I thought was good, car olny has 5000 miles on odometer,,, full of GUNK,, had to replace all bearings and gears.. Owner was up this weekend, took the motor apart,, was in good shape but everything was gunky!! YUCK,.
Installed a removable plate under trany so oil can be changed easyer in the future. Black cricle by trany in pic #3

Sept 17h Terry  daves trany 002.jpg

Ahren's Dutton Barrie 013.jpg

Ahren's Dutton Barrie 002.jpg

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
Sept 1st Dave 043.jpg I have been using PEx for a few years now, and Keep fuel line away from heater hoses,. Found that std hose sweel up from fumes/greese /oils/gas etc.

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
Got home from Fl. on Friday. put the engine back together over the weekend,, Ready to bench start now!

seats 014.JPG

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
I build the seats up with a little more strength, seal the hair up in a cloth liner and add a cardboard stiffener
takes about 3 hours to put my interior kits on the seat frames.

seats 004.JPG

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
The body was painted the day before Christmas,, Started putting together Dec,. 26th.
pic of Rear end done..
pic of front hood area. note fuel shut off. AND steering Brace

100_4145.JPG

101_4137.JPG

100_4147.JPG

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
Driving North Monday with empty trailer to bring Amphi back South.
leaving 70s weather for NEG ???

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
Feb 20th cold speel grips everyone , right at the freezing mark here today, was a good trip thou no bad weather, Dave take car for a test swim at his lake in Ga.
working out the final thing for the car to be complete.
Should be ready for the Mid Florida swim in last weekend of March.

trip 007.jpg

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
This project was started in July of 2014,Finished March 2015. If you need a Amphicar rebuilt from ground up or just a partial,contact me for FASTER turnarounds.

tDucky and daves 012.jpg

tDucky and daves 009.jpg

tDucky and daves 010.jpg