Fund raiser finished

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
To all that donated since December 14th, Thank You. A check is going out today for Cap'n John. From the furthest west coast on through to the east coast down to the deep south. Grand Pa Wave was very happy with the results. The generosity was much more than anticipated. Very cool. I feel We started this new year on a positive wave. Lets all ride it to all the great swim ins this year.
Swimming fine in 09.
Later Dave the Wave:D

chasgould

Dave,
I tried to make a donation on Paypal, but I received no record of it. Can you confirm if you received one from me, and if not can I still make it now? Is Payal okay, or shall I send it directly to John? Please advise as soon as possible as I do want to help out as wel.
Thanks,
Chas

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
Dave,

Yes, if you can keep things open till end of day to accomodate procrastinators like myself that would be great.* Who do we send to?

Thanks,

Mike

Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 1:12:25 PM
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20288] Re: Fund raiser finished

Dave,
I tried to make a donation on Paypal, but I received no record of it. Can you confirm if you received one from me, and if not can I still make it now? Is Payal okay, or shall I send it directly to John? Please advise as soon as possible as I do want to help out as wel.
Thanks,
Chas

jwillia

Dave

Thanks for putting this all together.

Jeff Williams from Alaska

To: jeffreyd_7@hotmail.comSubject: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20288] Fund raiser finishedDate: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:50:51 -0500From:

To all that donated since December 14th, Thank You. A check is going out today for Cap'n John. From the furthest west coast on through to the east coast down to the deep south. Grand Pa Wave was very happy with the results. The generosity was much more than anticipated. Very cool. I feel We started this new year on a positive wave. Lets all ride it to all the great swim ins this year.Swimming fine in 09. Later Dave the Wave

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
Re: Fund raiser donation paypal address

Please direct further donations to: JBEVINS61@HOTMAIL>COM

Charles I have no receipt at paypal for You.

It would be sweet if there was a round three that matched one and two!!! Happy New Year Dave the Wave

CapnJohn

Amphi Guru & Former IAOC President
Again I have found real friends out there who have been most generous to me in a time where it is difficult for most to make ends meet as it is. Then I find that there are still a few genuinely good people who find a way to help a fellow man out. I am stunned and humbled at the level of kindness and friendship found here. The support for me during this less than ideal time in my life is something I still have trouble accepting. With the advice of some people close to me I have and will accept it with pride. The pride that only comes from this level of caring.

I will find a way to pay it forward when my situation allows that. For now you can all be assured that all funds have gone to bills such as the $702 ambulance billl and to build a ramp capable of handling the 400+ electric wheelchair I have to use. I also will be using some to ensure I get proper rehab care this time so I can have some hope of full recovery within the next year.

At some point I will be giving everybody a personal thanks from me. Right now it is so overwhelming that it is tough to adequately thank you for what you have done for me.

With great humility and gratitude,​
John "Lefty" Bevins​

chasgould

Hey John,
I am sorry that I missed Dave's deadline, but I made a separate Paypal
contribution to your email address today. Please confirm that you have received it.
You may respond to me at chasgould@mac.com
In addition to the contribution, I would like to offer my services as a
negotiator/lawyer if you would like me to pursue any potential claims that you
might have, or if there is no insurance or potential liability, I would still be
happy to negotiate a reduction in your outstanding medical bills.
I often do this for clients, and I am usually successful in achieving
substantial reductions in the amounts that have to be paid.
Please contact me before you pay the ambulance, or any other bills, as there
may be substantial savings available.
I also understand that these people really helped you out, and that you want
them to be paid, but please understand that the insurance companies get huge
deductions just by reason of their volume, and that medical providers charge so
much more to patients who are uninsured, which is really ironic. Often the
medical providers are willing to extend a similar discount to the self paying
patient, that they extend to the insurer. You just need to know who, and how, to
ask for this consideration.
Please feel free to call me (617-965-1333 or 617-721-9400) and I would be
happy to discuss this with you, and to help you if you wish.
Chas (Charles Gould)

New year...new news. Be the first to know
what is making headlines. (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026)