Fuel Tap parts

Akamphi

Looking to rebuild or replace my fuel tap. Anyone have on in working order or parts for one? I need the cast piece that the handle turns in the housing.

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
That is the part that breaks on all of them!
look in old posts there is plenty of talk on this subject.
I replace them with a Tractor type with bowel.for fuel settlement.

Cap'n John

Gord, the glass fuel sediment bowl is awesome and super important, do you lose the reserve function? I would personally not consider w/o for me, but that is my choice. Redundancy in a boat is a requirement.

I know one guy who ran out of fuel one late night and had to get out and swim his car to shore (Florida lake w/alligators too!). When I asked why he wen't out while on reserve, his single word email reply was "reserve?" He had no idea he had another gallon+ in the tank!

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
I just had a Furnace repair man at my shop.It quite last Dec. His 2ed visit after ordering parts., Install a check valve in fuel line and noticed no fuel ran out.
Tank says 3/4.. he turned the gauge and it dropped to empty.!!!!
Amphi died on side of road, Called Ron to come and get me, then checked tank,, empty>> I was right beside a gas station. DAAA.

jfriese

I don't quite understand all this talk about some substitute that is degrading of the original system. The last time I checked Gordon's was selling new units that I believe were exact replacements. In my cars EVERYTHING has to work correctly and I would never consider some poor substitute that doesn't look and operate like the original.

John Friese
67 White
67 Red

Akamphi

I'd prefer to stay with the factory set up if I could find the cast part of the tap that is broken in mine or another functional tap I can put some seals in. This will be the second time I've replaced parts in this tap.