Fuel Pump Question

Greetings All,

Sunday afternoon I parked my Amphicar on a sandbar next to an island with about ten other boats and about 40 people enjoying the Memorial Day weekend. When I went to start her there was no cooperation. There's nothing like asking for a tow back to shore and then asking more strangers to push you out of the water. People I must say are generally helpful when you walk with a cane AND you possess an Amphicar.

While still on the sandbar I determined that the fuel pump was bad. I'm wondering if it's ok to simply change the diaphragm or if I should replace the whole unit. Not sure if diaphragms are available for these or not. Napa? Gordon's? Gord S.?

Thanks!

Brian Crombie

Faribault, Mn.

Land of 10,000 Lakes!

jwillia

I have had good luck actually cranking amphi out of the water with the starter motor, if in a pinch it works.

jeff williams

alaska red 62

To: jeffreyd_7@hotmail.com
Subject: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20786] Fuel Pump Question
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:00:29 -0400

Greetings All,

Sunday afternoon I parked my Amphicar on a sandbar next to an island with about ten other boats and about 40 people enjoying the Memorial Day weekend. When I went to start her there was no cooperation. There's nothing like asking for a tow back to shore and then asking more strangers to push you out of the water. People I must say are generally helpful when you walk with a cane AND you possess an Amphicar.

While still on the sandbar I determined that the fuel pump was bad. I'm wondering if it's ok to simply change the diaphragm or if I should replace the whole unit. Not sure if diaphragms are available for these or not. Napa? Gordon's? Gord S.?

Thanks!

Brian Crombie

Faribault, Mn.

Land of 10,000 Lakes!

__________________________________________________ _______________
Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/...M_HMP:042010_2

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
I have not found any kits for Fuel pumps.
I do have replacement pumps,
Some at Rons too.
But I will not be back to shop till Monday.
Ron Should be home Tusday
as we will both be at the London Ont. car Cruzin
at (www.fleetwoodcontrycruizin.com)
GORD