Florida pre Swim in..Swim In.

fouramphs

The date is set!!!!!
Sat. March the 12th we will have a real full day of Amphicar swiming..It will be a full start to finish 1 day swim.
Usually about 8- 10 Amphicars show up;Ron and I have been scowering the country side for new ramps and rivers(with enough water to float us)Very Dry in Fl. with no rain for along time, themps are already reaching mid 80s this whole last week.
Went in one canal yesterday and after a few 100 ft the car slowed down, put in reverse, cleared, went a bit more, same thing,, turned around and got outa there.. car had a big beard on it!!We will not go in that channel..
the group will be starting near a Lock, which we plan to go threw,then down river to Laske Eutus,Lunch at a place with ramp on Dead River, On to the Dora Canal. and finally across L. Harris and into a real eerie old river ending a a trailer park on far side of /27.. There is a few good ramps with Trailer parking for those whom tow to the meet.
For more details if you want to meet call or email me I have my parts trailer with 140 different Amphicar parts on board
Gord S.
(gord""amphicar.ca)
352 319 6774

There is also a boat show the next weekend at Mt. Dora
and then the big show at Traveris the 25-27th at Wotoon Park.. lake Dora

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
Gord, get those 15 Amphis to use the ramp near my house. You guys could open it up and it would be use able. You get that opened I would buy lunch ! Later Dave

fouramphs

I checked out motels and found the econolodge has a large Trailer friendly,parking lot and good rates ,most I looked at had poor trailer parking.
..With coupon book $50 night or $230 a week
>deluxe contuinental breakfast,pool, internet,etc.
lots of food within walking distance.Close to my place and about 13 miles to Dora Laske where the Boat/Amphi show is in the March 25th
THis WILL also be THE place to start from for the Sat, Swim Swim,,9.30 AM WE LEAVE FROM THERE
I hope that we will swim in varius lakes for about 6 hours of the day(ins and Outs)
ECONOLODGE HAS AGREED TO LET YOU PARK CAR AND TRAILER THERE FOR SAT. EVEN THOU YOU DO NOT HAVE A ROOM.
GORD..

fouramphs

CHUCK CHUCKS having a run for his money this year for the bad luck award,,
Rays brakes went today,was up for some parts from me,
George, had a rear wheel stud problem, gets it fixed, starts out on trailer and trailer gives a problem, rents a U Haul trailer, gets it home and Amphicar is too narrow to fit on its tracks.
he says hes still coming to the SWIM SWIM but leaving car at home..
GORD>>
Meet at motel Sat. Mar,12th at 9.30 am

fouramphs

All of those that came had a geart time,no mechanical poblems etc. on swim, but a few could not come beacuse of trailer problems, brake snags etc.
Sea planes are now based at the Dora Lake park where the Boat show is being held, rates are very reasonable, and Ron T, went up for a flight.The park has improved 10 fold since the last time I was there.
This weekend(19th) they are holding boat racing there.
I will go there on Friday with amphi to watch the set up etc.
Gord S>

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
Rub it in, just keep rubbing it in. Damp cold winds brought wind chill to mid 20's yesterday. Post a pic or two. Did you fix my ramp? Later Dave

fouramphs

I was asked by a local Public service if I could arange to have some Amphicars at there Sat, Chili cook of.
The day arived and 4 club members brought there cars, there was 3 Amphicars, 1 model T, a Vw and a sea plane,The staff,and cookers.. I do not think any public arrived,,,oh well you never Know
Took off from there and went to Tavrais and watch the boat races,Very neat,
was going to say very cool but it is 85# here, thats the forcast for the next 5 days, including the boat show. swim in!!!!
GORD S<<>