Fiberglass hood and question

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
Chances are I will have one of Gords excellent fiberglass hoods here in Mendota. So for any northerners, this will save you on shipping.

Gord on front panel that holds headlights, Do they all have headlights cut out? I have a front clip here that I think needs to become a trailer. I think I would just as soon paint headlights in. Gord call me when you get a chance. Later Dave the Wave

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
The front nose pc. in Fibreglass was pulled of a NOS steel part that now graces Gerry's O's Car in Boston. so it has the holes for headlights cut out
they sell for $200.00. I can make a special one up using old headlights in the holes. I will put the stock ones on sale for the Fall at $100.00 and headlighted ones can be made for $150.00
GORD S.

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
To Paul from Albany NY..
without seeing the damage I can not say where or what to do. if its just the nose. , As I state above I have them in glass, as well as the rest of the front end(Clip)
I also have parts cars here and may have some donor parts but most fronts would be rough will have to look at my(Stump) car
My 1st car in 94 was so rough I cut front off at windshield and welded another front on at the glass seam.. joined at bottom by the tow hook.
GORD S.

Gord I picked up the car yesterday, It was hit all the way up to the frame on the passenger side. It was not anything like the guy said.
alot of stuff was missing? but the tranny looked great and the motor looked good, And the floor felt solid but i did not clean it out yet?
So I am not sure what I am going to do with it at this time. That is what I get for buying a car sight unseen!! Not sure if i want to do that
much work anymore.
I will have my son post some pics maybe this weekend??
Thanks Paul from Albany

To: pvcj@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20890] Re: Fiberglass hood and question
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 18:09:54 -0400

To Paul from Albany NY..
without seeing the damage I can not say where or what to do. if its just the nose. , As I state above I have them in glass, as well as the rest of the front end(Clip)
I also have parts cars here and may have some donor parts but most fronts would be rough will have to look at my(Stump) car
My 1st car in 94 was so rough I cut front off at windshield and welded another front on at the glass seam.. joined at bottom by the tow hook.
GORD S.

Gord: The car was hit good and hard, It is bent all the way back to about 4 inchs from the windshield on the passenger side. Beleave it
or not the wheel well is not that bad? It is going to need a complete passenger side fender, the whole middle part from driverside fender to the tow hook. I used fiberglass quarters on my blue car that i got from you and love them. How much is the price for these parts in glass?
THANKS PAUL, 67 BLUE , 67 RED MAYBE :}

To: pvcj@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20890] Re: Fiberglass hood and question
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 18:09:54 -0400

To Paul from Albany NY..
GORD S.

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
Dave.. I had a look at the mould yesterday. as they are a reverse form I can not sick a headlight ass, in to pull off a copy. it would have to be the inside of the glass, but maybe a pie pan in there will make the shape in glass and paint up good

Front fenders.. I have a complete front end in Fibreglass, I think theres a pic on club classified..I can cut it in half at tow hook or go over to other fender (I would)$500.00 for fender and pan. but to large for reg. shipping.
I will also look at the parts cars and see if there is any good ones on them.
Gord S.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Fiberglass Hood??? General Amphicar Discussion 4
SNOWBIRD Fiberglass Front hoods General Amphicar Discussion 1
A Fiberglass tops General Amphicar Discussion 2
D fiberglass General Amphicar Discussion 3
I fiberglass side panels for Amphicars General Amphicar Discussion 0
G fIBERGLASS PANELS General Amphicar Discussion 1
J Aftermarket Hood Emblems compared to Originals General Amphicar Discussion 2
R hood seal on the body General Amphicar Discussion 1
BuckeyeFloater Hood Ornament General Amphicar Discussion 1
T Hood Struts General Amphicar Discussion 0
S Re hood and prop rod General Amphicar Discussion 0
G hood General Amphicar Discussion 8
laserfixr Hood lock cover leaking and Amphy wheels. General Amphicar Discussion 2
R Thanks John & Brian (Hood Rust) General Amphicar Discussion 0
W Hood emblem perfection - California look out! General Amphicar Discussion 2
A Triangle Hood Emblems General Amphicar Discussion 0
W Hood Leaks General Amphicar Discussion 0
W hood open General Amphicar Discussion 2
W open hood General Amphicar Discussion 1
D Flying hood leave key in hood when not latched General Amphicar Discussion 0
R flying hood General Amphicar Discussion 2
M Gordons Hood Lenses General Amphicar Discussion 0
B SV: Hood Moulding and Rear Horizontal Bumpers General Amphicar Discussion 0
M Hood Moulding and Rear Horizontal Bumpers General Amphicar Discussion 1
C Amphi hood General Amphicar Discussion 0
Jon March Fuel shutoff device - question General Amphicar Discussion 1
T Question on Gas Pedal General Amphicar Discussion 1
A Tool kit question General Amphicar Discussion 9
Jon March Disney cars question - General Amphicar Discussion 0
Jon March Dual-pump bilge outlet question General Amphicar Discussion 4
C Wheel cylinder Question. General Amphicar Discussion 9
Jon March radiator cowl question General Amphicar Discussion 0
okey0 Hauling Question General Amphicar Discussion 2
Jon March Axle tube bushings - a followup question... General Amphicar Discussion 0
Jon March Trivia question - General Amphicar Discussion 2
Jon March Question for anyone using Universal Tire American Classics "bias-look" radials General Amphicar Discussion 6
Jon March Transmission question - Gord? Dave? Others? General Amphicar Discussion 1
T Stuck valve AND valve cover question?? General Amphicar Discussion 5
Akamphi Neg ground question General Amphicar Discussion 2
A Question on body shop General Amphicar Discussion 0
BuckeyeFloater Quarters Question Restorations in progress 1
laserfixr Question for Gord General Amphicar Discussion 2
M Question on parts General Amphicar Discussion 1
Jacques B. Question about of the front lights. General Amphicar Discussion 2
Akamphi Prop light question General Amphicar Discussion 2
T License Plate Lamp Question??? General Amphicar Discussion 6
T Support Rod Question??? General Amphicar Discussion 7
Ed Price Exhaust Question General Amphicar Discussion 10
B Fuel Pump Question General Amphicar Discussion 2