Engine compartment - !@# manual scraping. stripping, degreasing, sanding, priming, painting

jfriese

Hi Jon,

Since you have the rare, unmolested, though slightly bent, battery box parts, use the box and top hold-down to keep it stock. The battery is a bit weird to find but Interstate makes one.

John Friese
67 White
67 Red

Jon March

Hey Thanks JF - aha! - well - great to know -- Maybe if someone has a picture of how it should look when completed?

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
Looks great. You must have a ton of hours invested.

It is an Amphicar but I hope that is not pool paint you are rolling on there. :)

jfriese

Hi,
Here's a photo that includes the good base, the original box and the top hold down frame. I don't think Die Hard has this battery (22NF) any longer, but Interstate does. Notice the crossed wires. It's a negative ground car and I put on wires the fit correctly. P.S. Those simple felt washer do a perfect job of protecting the battery terminals. Just keep them reasonably wet with 30 weight oil, which lasts practically forever.

Email me if you want photos of the individual pieces. Gord Souter used to make the boxes and GI sells the original hold down clamp.

John Friese

67 White
67 Red

Last edited: