G

gtpeterp

Can anyone suggest a good electric radiator fan? I've seen a few for
sale (JC Whitney, Victoria British) but i'm not sure what will fit on
the car. Thanks!

Peter

B

Bihari, James

<table>I must have installed JC Whitney's 11 inch fan with thermostat (perhaps EM489190?) as the blades measure just under 10 inches and the overall case is about 11 inches. I mounted it parallel to the hood above the radiator, pushing air into the radiator. I used some steel pipe strap to mount the front edge using the bolts on the radiator, and on the back edge I just bent some steel wiretogo through the screw holesof the fan case and wrapped itup and over the toplip of the rear of thecar's body above the license plate. Ialsoput a toggle switch on thedash (in series with thefan's thermostat) so I could shut it off. Ultimately, I rarely use it. With the newly rebuilt engine, it hasn't overheated and it's hard to see that the fan makes much difference on the temperature gauge, although when I have the fan on more engine heat does seem to blow forward (gives me a warm ankle as it leaks out by the shifter level, blows out along the rear window openings, keeps making my rear seat back blow forward at the bottom unless I put something heavy on the rear seat to hold the seat back in place, but maybe that happens just from driving at freeway speeds regardless. I need to figure out a way to screw that seat back in place at the bottom.)

I haven't had time to look for transmission leaks (been working on my 60 Buick Electra 225) but if there
is 90 weight transmission fluid spraying onto my clutch, wouldn't I know it as the clutch would slip? I park my car on a ramp to raise the front wheels 10 inches or so and have left the bilge plug out. It seems like
transmission fluid keeps dripping out the bilge plug even though it has not been driven for 2 weeks. Perhaps it takes that long for the fluid to find its way to the bilge plug. Putting pieces of cardboard under the trans, seems to indicate it's notleaking from the large gasket behind the front plate of the transmission (the part I had off this summer)and it's not leaking from the land transmssion to the water transmission and it's not leaking out the new sealsthat go the the axel (since that would not allow the fluid to leak inside the bilge). I guess there is that one plate around the axel on the passenger side that must have a gasket. Iguess I will have to jack it up and put it in drive and use a mirror to figure out wherethe fluid iscoming from.

Jim

Can anyone suggest a good electric radiator fan? I've seen a few for
sale (JC Whitney, Victoria British) but i'm not sure what will fit on
the car. Thanks!

Peter

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B SV: Electric Radiator Fan General Amphicar Discussion 3
R Electric fuel pump General Amphicar Discussion 8
R Electric fuel pump General Amphicar Discussion 4
T Were are the electric motors that power the propellers General Amphicar Discussion 0
DavidC New Electric Amphibian at Detroit auto show. General Amphicar Discussion 2
T Electric Fuel Shut-off Solenoid General Amphicar Discussion 4
laserfixr Electric Fuel Pump Placement General Amphicar Discussion 3
Midwest Amphicar new arrivals electric cheese wedge + Amphi General Amphicar Discussion 0
laserfixr Electric fuel pump General Amphicar Discussion 9
E OT: Electric Propulsion General Amphicar Discussion 0
D electric fan help General Amphicar Discussion 1
D Fitting an Electric Fan to Amphicar General Amphicar Discussion 0
D Electric engine cooling fan General Amphicar Discussion 0
K California electric General Amphicar Discussion 0
Jon March radiator cowl question General Amphicar Discussion 0
S Radiator Upgrade? General Amphicar Discussion 4
A Aliminum radiator info... General Amphicar Discussion 1
B seatbelts idea; radiator, engine and transmission for sale General Amphicar Discussion 0
J Radiator General Amphicar Discussion 9
A Radiator shrouds General Amphicar Discussion 4
W Radiator Performance General Amphicar Discussion 3
M RADIATOR OVERFLOW JUGS General Amphicar Discussion 2
L Radiator Hoses General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Radiator Top Seals General Amphicar Discussion 2
A Radiator Problem General Amphicar Discussion 14
A Radiator Mounts General Amphicar Discussion 0
M 13 blade radiator fan? General Amphicar Discussion 1
A Radiator Mount General Amphicar Discussion 0
R Substitute for Radiator Mount General Amphicar Discussion 4
A Radiator Repair General Amphicar Discussion 6
E Radiator Marking Plate General Amphicar Discussion 0
B Radiator " Birthmark" ? General Amphicar Discussion 0
R Radiator Cap General Amphicar Discussion 0
T radiator rubber (buffer) mount substitute 9-30-38 General Amphicar Discussion 1