Early model Amphicar for sale

Cap'n John

This very desireable early model Amphicar is located here in Berthoud, Co. It is a nice un-molested original example in Regatta red and retains its original 11147cc Triumph engine with a fresh rebuild and new exhaust system with <1 hour of runtime. The engine rebuild alone costs $5500+. The engine compartment is repainted and detailed nicely. This car is very straight with the typical rust in the 1/4 panels that you will find in any Amphicar (sometimes I think it's factory installed!). The battery tray and under the muffler where you usually find rust is solid. It needs some body work and the usual repairs made to any almost 50 year old car. (seals, hoses and fluids) It is not ready to go swimming nor is it road-worthy, but it is not far from it. The transmissions (water and land) appear to be in good working order.

The upholstery is original and serviceable. I would just replace the original horsehair seat padding with modern materials. It does need a new top (bows are in good condition, original top is just old) and windshield. (I can get you info to aquire them)

You could do the body work and paint it nice, install the top and make it sea and road-worthy and have the most fun of any car you will ever own! This is no understatement as I can attest to myself.

I am a very well known collecter / restorer of Amphicars and have an excelent reputation for being upfront and honest. I was the president of the Internatonal Amphicar Owners Club as well. The purchaser will also be able to call me with any needs or advice. I can help you find parts and advise you who to buy parts from, help you with anything I can. I will include a copy of the maintenance, parts and owners manuals on CD. Once purchased, I will glady go over the "care and feeding" of your new family member.

PLEASE! SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY!

Cap'n John @303-868-8384

I can deliver it for a small fee depending on location​
dash.jpg
doorpanelR.jpgengine.jpgLeftDoor.jpgradiator.jpgrearseat.jpgRightQuarter.jpgRightSideOnLift.jpgtranny.jpgtrunk.jpg