Dissapointed Park Ranger

S

Scott Whaley

Labor day I was at an Ohio state park 10 hp limit lake giving rides at a family picnic. After about 3 swims people had me stopped as usualwanting to see and learn about Amphi. Along comes a young female park ranger sternly stating "DIDN'T YOU SEE THE BIG RED SIGN 10 HP LIMIT"! I showed her the 9.7 hp statement, the car registration, the boat registration, the life jackets stashed under the boot (the kids in the back seat had theirs on). She finaly let me go! The croud was glad also. First I give a big "THANKYOU" to whomever did the research and wrote the 9.7 water hp form. Now I ask "Why does the newby, want to show who is boss, I have to work on Labor Day ranger have to"rag" on those having a good time" Scott enjoying Ohio's great state parks Whaley

<hr size="1">Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com"> Great rates starting at 1?/min.

T

Terry Cassem

<table>
Not familiar with the 9.7 water HP form.....where can I find it? Sound like a good thing to have!

Cap'n Terry

on 9/8/06 6:26 AM, Scott Whaley at scottamphi@yahoo.com wrote:

<blockquote>Labor day I was at an Ohio state park 10 hp limit lake giving rides at a family picnic. After about 3 swims people had me stopped as usual wanting to see and learn about Amphi. Along comes a young female park ranger sternly stating "DIDN'T YOU SEE THE BIG RED SIGN 10 HP LIMIT"! I showed her the 9.7 hp statement, the car registration, the boat registration, the life jackets stashed under the boot (the kids in the back seat had theirs on). She finaly let me go! The croud was glad also.

First I give a big "THANKYOU" to whomever did the research and wrote the 9.7 water hp form.

Now I ask "Why does the newby, want to show who is boss, I have to work on Labor Day ranger have to "rag" on those having a good time"

Scott enjoying Ohio's great state parks Whaley

<hr ALIGN="CENTER" SIZE="1" WIDTH="100%">

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1?/min.

</blockquote>

A

Amphipoda

Cap'n Terry,

The IAOC horsepower statement is in the Members Only
section of the IAOC website (www.amphicar.com). Here
is the quick link to it, but you'll need the login &
password (found on the inside cover of the Wheels-n-Waves
newsletters) to access it:

http://www.amphicar.com/goodies/WaterHorsepowerStatement.htm

And to Scott... glad you found the horesepower statement
useful and I believe your appreciation should be aimed
toward the previous IAOC administration (2000-2004) of
Marc Schlemmer (Prez) and the Bilgemeister (webmaster)
who authored the document. Those guys and the other
heroic board members really brought the IAOC out of
the swamp and into the main stream. We can't thank
them enough for all they did and still do behind the
scenes.

Be well, swim safe.

Amphipooda (current lame duck prez/editor)
'64 Turquoise
San Diego, CA

--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Cassem"
<cassemterry@...> wrote:
>
> Not familiar with the 9.7 water HP form.....where can I find it?
Sound like
> a good thing to have!
>
> Cap'n Terry
>
>
>
> on 9/8/06 6:26 AM, Scott Whaley at scottamphi@... wrote:
>
> Labor day I was at an Ohio state park 10 hp limit lake giving rides
at a
> family picnic. After about 3 swims people had me stopped as usual
wanting to
> see and learn about Amphi. Along comes a young female park ranger
sternly
> stating "DIDN'T YOU SEE THE BIG RED SIGN 10 HP LIMIT"! I showed her
the 9.7
> hp statement, the car registration, the boat registration, the life
jackets
> stashed under the boot (the kids in the back seat had theirs on).
She finaly
> let me go! The croud was glad also.
>
> First I give a big "THANKYOU" to whomever did the research and
wrote the
> 9.7 water hp form.
>
> Now I ask "Why does the newby, want to show who is boss, I
have to work
> on Labor Day ranger have to "rag" on those having a good time"
>
>
>
> Scott enjoying
Ohio's
> great state parks Whaley
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.
Great rates
> starting at 1?/min.
>

B

Bill Connelly

<table bgColor="#c8e0d8" background="">
<font size="2">Cap'n Terry,</font>
<font size="2"></font>
<font size="2">You'll find all that horsepower stuff on the Club website at http://www.amphicar.com/amphicar_horsepower_ratings.htm. Linked there, you'll find aPDF version of the horsepower statementsquirrreled away in the Members Only areaof the website that really looks nice and "official". Just print that out and toss it in the glove compartment, andyou should be go to go (slowly).</font>
<font size="2"></font>
<font size="2">Also, a couple of years ago the Clubdid up some very nice silvery foil stickers as a year-end perk forthe membership that you could just slap next to the VIN tag in the engine compartment. Maybe there are a few left...? </font>
<font size="2"></font>
<font size="2">~Bilgey~</font>
<font size="2"></font>

<font size="2">----- Original Message -----
To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] Dissapointed Park Ranger

Not familiar with the 9.7 water HP form.....where can I find it? Sound like a good thing to have!

Cap'n Terry

on 9/8/06 6:26 AM, Scott Whaley at </font><font size="2">scottamphi@xxxx.com</font><font size="2"> wrote:

Labor day I was at an Ohio state park 10 hp limit lake giving rides at a family picnic. After about 3 swims people had me stopped as usual wanting to see and learn about Amphi. Along comes a young female park ranger sternly stating "DIDN'T YOU SEE THE BIG RED SIGN 10 HP LIMIT"! I showed her the 9.7 hp statement, the car registration, the boat registration, the life jackets stashed under the boot (the kids in the back seat had theirs on). She finaly let me go! The croud was glad also.

First I give a big "THANKYOU" to whomever did the research and wrote the 9.7 water hp form.

Now I ask "Why does the newby, want to show who is boss, I have to work on Labor Day ranger have to "rag" on those having a good time"

Scott enjoying Ohio's great state parks Whaley

</font>