Diamond Back Classics

Akamphi

Anyone oredered a set lately? I just called them and was told they do not have the P185/85R13 size any longer. They do however have a Europen tire that it just 2/10 taller and should work. Comes with a 2 5/8" white wall. I can't remember the manufacture but it started with a V... Anyone out there used this tire lately?

jfriese

Craig,

I use their 185/80 R13 with the standard 2.25 inch WW and they work fine. The last ones I bought were built from Firestone tires.

John Friese
67 White
67 Red

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
I just went out(10 ft)and looked under my Amphicar Mighty Mouse..It has 185 80 r 13 Dayton brand from Dimond Back that I bought there 10 years ago and look as new!(Blue car)
I have also used tires from Universal Tire in Penns. they have a wider white.
Ron just replaced 2 of his tires he went with 175s(red car).One of his had a egg in it. and he had wear problems, his are not that old.?4 years.?New cost about $200 each shipped to Fl.
100_2696.JPG100_2695.JPG

amphi-Ben

Anyone oredered a set lately? I just called them and was told they do not have the P185/85R13 size any longer. They do however have a Europen tire that it just 2/10 taller and should work. Comes with a 2 5/8" white wall. I can't remember the manufacture but it started with a V... Anyone out there used this tire lately?
A Europeon brand starting with a V = VREDESTEIN OR Viking
Those two are the two i can think of now, but here in Europe we buy white wall's from Canada or the US.
Cooper for example, but if you remember the exact brand i will try to get some information.
In the MT Dora weekend is also The Turkey-run in Daytona-Beach,there is always a big truck from a Tire Company which is big in tires for classic car's.
Greetings Amphi-Ben

My car came with Ceat (pronounced chee-aht) from Italy. They had an astounding four inch wide white wall on them. Of course they were dry rotted and had to be replaced. Wonder if anyone else had these originally?

amphi-Ben

My car came with Ceat (pronounced chee-aht) from Italy. They had an astounding four inch wide white wall on them. Of course they were dry rotted and had to be replaced. Wonder if anyone else had these originally?
Yes i've seen amphi's with CEAT or VREDESTEIN, just this week i had a set of wheels with the original CEAT tires.
The rim's need sandblasting and than pouder-coting so when i started to take of the original CEAT tires i saw that there where also the original tubes inside.After 45 years they still held air.