Decal - Warning Before Boating Decal

azpaul50

I searched past posts and found no answer so here's my question. Where "exactly" does that "Warning Before Boating" decal go? The GI catalog says it has two general locations but I didn't see anyone with two at Miramar. With the 5th Wheel accident I really forgot to notice where other owners had theirs. We're taking two cars to a show next weekend with at least one Amphicar....which ever decides to cooperate! I've had two of these decals for quite a while but forgot that I had 'em. Your professional advice would be appreciated. Thanx! - azpaul50

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
On Amphicars with painted Dash they were installed on the glove box.
bottom left corner with about a 3/4 inch space from side and bottom.
Inside the glove box in about the same area the MPH break in instrutions were put.
I tend to leave them off on cars with cricle Dashes.
GORD./

azpaul50

Gord! Thank you! They're going on as we speak as I have a painted dash in both Amphis. On the blue Amphi there is a black vinyl covered insert panel that holds all the gages and indicator lights. I really think that it is non-standard, done when they rebuilt it for Pontiac Moon. The panel itself is aluminum or something like that. The white Amphi is all painted, insert included of regular sheetmetal. Again, thank you. - azpaul50 of the Western Amphi Fleet!

To: azpaul50@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20589] Re: Decal - Warning Before Boating Decal
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 19:45:08 -0400

On Amphicars with painted Dash they were installed on the glove box.
bottom left corner with about a 3/4 inch space from side and bottom.
Inside the glove box in about the same area the MPH break in instrutions were put.
I tend to leave them off on cars with cricle Dashes.
GORD./