Amphis. My clock is in like new condition but my speedometer and fuel
and temp guages work perfectly, however the faces are in very bad
shape. Thanks.

Steve
West Palm Beach, FL
'66 White

T

tommyintpa@aol.com

<table id="role_body" style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bottomMargin="7" leftMargin="7" topMargin="7" rightMargin="7"><font id="role_document" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">
Steve '65 White,
Gordon imports and Gord in Canada will both have nos gages. Just replace them. You may as wellkeep your wallet in your hand, your gonna need it a lot if you are restoring your Amphi.
Later Tommy in Tampa
67 White
68 Red</font>

L

laserfixr@aol.com

<table id="role_body" style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS" bottomMargin="7" leftMargin="7" topMargin="7" rightMargin="7"><font id="role_document" face="Comic Sans MS" color="#000000" size="3">
Thanks for the reply, Tommy in Tampa, a fellow webbed-toed Floridian. I realize that Hugh and Gord both sellNOS gauges however that was not my question. I will ask it again as maybe someone else may have an answer.
Does anyone know of a service that will recondition the face plates on Amphi's. My clock is in like new condition but my speedometer and fuel and temp gauges work perfectly, however the faces are in very bad shape.I would like to keep the original speedo because I want the odometer to be correct. As for keeping my wallet in my hand I have already spent $10,000.00. and I am just getting started.

<font lang="0" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3" FAMILY="SCRIPT" PTSIZE="12"></font><font lang="0" face="Comic Sans MS" color="#000000" size="3" FAMILY="SCRIPT" PTSIZE="12">

<font lang="0" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3" FAMILY="SCRIPT" PTSIZE="12">Best Regards,

Steve Sell
West Palm Beach, Florida
'66 White
</font>
</font></font>

G

goob@twcny.rr.com

Steve - Hemmings Motor News - either find a copy at your local
magazine stand or try them on the internet, you'll find what you're
looking for under "services offered" or something similar.

Gary

----- Original Message -----
Date: Thursday, August 10, 2006 10:56 pm
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] Dash Guage Face Plates
To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com

> Thanks for the reply, Tommy in Tampa, a fellow webbed-toed
> Floridian. I
> realize that Hugh and Gord both sell NOS gauges however that was
> not my question.
> I will ask it again as maybe someone else may have an answer.
> Does anyone know of a service that will recondition the face
> plates on
> Amphi's. My clock is in like new condition but my speedometer and
> fuel and
> temp gauges work perfectly, however the faces are in very bad
> shape. I would
> like to keep the original speedo because I want the odometer to
> be correct. As
> for keeping my wallet in my hand I have already spent $10,000.00.
> and I am
> just getting started.
>
>
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Steve Sell
> West Palm Beach, Florida
> '66 White
>
>

B

Brian Crombie

<table style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" bgColor="#ffffff">
<font face="Arial">Steve,</font>
<font face="Arial">Here's one company in California. I have not used them but intend tocontact them this fall for pricing. You wouldn't think</font>
<font face="Arial">it would cost an arm and a leg. They also repair gauges according to their web site.</font>
<font face="Arial">www.paspeedo.com</font>
<font face="Arial">Good luck!</font>
<font face="Arial"></font>
<font face="Arial">Brian Crombie</font>
<font face="Arial">Faribault, Mn</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2">---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2"></font>
<blockquote style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----

<div id="ygrp-text">

Does anyone know of a service that will recondition the face plates on
shape. Thanks.

Steve
West Palm Beach, FL
'66 White

</blockquote>

B

Bill Connelly

<table bgColor="#c8e0d8" background="">
<font size="2">A Google search for "speedometerrestoration" offers up an almost overwhelming surfeit of alternatives, as will the listings in Hemmings Motor News...So many, it's almost a question of, "So, where the hell does one start?"

While your mileage and satifaction may naturally vary, one fairly comprehensive-looking classic motorcycles restoration resources webpage found here notes that "customers report good service" at an outfit calledPalo Alto Speedometerin California (website: http://www.paspeedo.com/about.htm ), so lacking any Amphicar-specific tips offered from others on this List, I guess they would be as good a place as any to start asking around. They do all sorts of meters and gauges (not just for bikes) and their website and its display items all look rather "tidy." So,apart from the previously mentioned report of at least more than one customer satisfied, that's also a pretty good indicator of quality.</font>
<font size="2"></font>
<font size="2">Of course, in the end it may turn out that Gordon Imports can square you awaywith a very nice and unassailably original meter (if that's your general objective) for about the same price as a restoration of your old onemight run you. But I've seena lot of otherwise shinyAmphis out there with speedos that look like they could have been salvaged from the steamroom of the Lustitania, so if you DO find a good restoration resource, don't be shy. My guess is other Amphi owners will be interested.</font>
<font size="2"></font>
<font size="2">~Bilgey~

----- Original Message -----
To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 5:01 PM
Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Dash Guage Face Plates

Does anyone know of a service that will recondition the face plates on
shape. Thanks.

Steve
West Palm Beach, FL