Clutch Alignment Tool

Countdown Clock to Amphicar Forums Shutdown

Can someone suggest the type and size clutch alignment tool to purchase? I just bought the new Friese Clutch Kit, and will need to use the tool. My local auto parts stores have many types and sizes. Just not sure which to buy. Thanks, Doug


What I did was to remove the bell housing, bolt the clutch & pressure plate loosely on the fly wheel, slide the transmission into the engine, tighten down the pressure plate bolts, remove the transmission, reinstall the bell housing.

Ken Chambers

Platinum Subscriber
It's a standard 24 spline clutch alignment tool for air cooled VWs, Dasher, Thing, Fox, Porsche 256, 911 and others

Mine is a PLEWS 73-351 but I can no longer find a reference to that brand. EMPI 5302 is an identical tool.