Carburetors

M

Michael Echemann

Guest
If anyone on the list would like a new carb while you can get it please email me
off list now. I have found recently that I've had carb problems and new ones
were no longer available. I purchased a rebuild but it ran poorly and it seems
cores are wearing out making problems worse. This week I went searching and
found an old professional carb place which had two new old stock Amphi Zenith
Solex's on the shelf and two professionally rebuilt ones rebuilt with new
castings. I installed one and my problems are solved. It runs great. I plan
on keeping one rebuilt one which makes one new and one rebuilt available which
I'll pass along at my cost.

Mike


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
 
P

PVCJ PVCJ

Guest
Hey Mike
I might be interested in one of them carbs, Depending on price of course. I
have about a year to go on the body before i even start on the mecanicals".
Just looking at my carb I know its a mess. You can write me on line or call?
518-843-5607
THANKS PAUL




>From: "Michael Echemann" <echemike@earthlink.net>
>Reply-To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
>To: <amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Carburetors
>Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 10:10:09 -0500
>
>If anyone on the list would like a new carb while you can get it please
>email me off list now. I have found recently that I've had carb problems
>and new ones were no longer available. I purchased a rebuild but it ran
>poorly and it seems cores are wearing out making problems worse. This week
>I went searching and found an old professional carb place which had two new
>old stock Amphi Zenith Solex's on the shelf and two professionally rebuilt
>ones rebuilt with new castings. I installed one and my problems are
>solved. It runs great. I plan on keeping one rebuilt one which makes one
>new and one rebuilt available which I'll pass along at my cost.
>
>Mike
>
>
>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


_________________________________________________________________
Broadband??Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access.
http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp
 
P

PVCJ PVCJ

Guest
Hey Mike
I might be interested in one of them carbs, Depending on price of course. I
have about a year to go on the body before i even start on the mecanicals".
Just looking at my carb I know its a mess. You can write me on line or call?
518-843-5607
THANKS PAUL




>From: "Michael Echemann" <echemike@earthlink.net>
>Reply-To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
>To: <amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Carburetors
>Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 10:10:09 -0500
>
>If anyone on the list would like a new carb while you can get it please
>email me off list now. I have found recently that I've had carb problems
>and new ones were no longer available. I purchased a rebuild but it ran
>poorly and it seems cores are wearing out making problems worse. This week
>I went searching and found an old professional carb place which had two new
>old stock Amphi Zenith Solex's on the shelf and two professionally rebuilt
>ones rebuilt with new castings. I installed one and my problems are
>solved. It runs great. I plan on keeping one rebuilt one which makes one
>new and one rebuilt available which I'll pass along at my cost.
>
>Mike
>
>
>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


_________________________________________________________________
Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.? Try MSN!
http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/2monthsfree.asp
 
M

Michael Echemann

Guest
I was able to buy nine more new Solex carbs. This was all their was available.
Five or six are spoken for already from my posting last night so anyone
interested please let me know so I can put your name on it. Price is $275.00

Mike

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
 
M

Mike Israel

Guest
Hi Mike,

Good news. Can I pick that up from you in Celina?

Mike I.
--- Michael Echemann <echemike@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I was able to buy nine more new Solex carbs. This
> was all their was available. Five or six are spoken
> for already from my posting last night so anyone
> interested please let me know so I can put your name
> on it. Price is $275.00
>
> Mike
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been
> removed]
>
>


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
http://sbc.yahoo.com
 
M

Michael Echemann

Guest
Mike
You can pick up the carb in Celina assuming I have them by then. I'm not
sure I will but if they arrive before I leave I'll let you know.
Thanks
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Israel" <amphicar770@yahoo.com>
To: <amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] Carburetors


> Hi Mike,
>
> Good news. Can I pick that up from you in Celina?
>
> Mike I.
> --- Michael Echemann <echemike@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > I was able to buy nine more new Solex carbs. This
> > was all their was available. Five or six are spoken
> > for already from my posting last night so anyone
> > interested please let me know so I can put your name
> > on it. Price is $275.00
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been
> > removed]
> >
> >
>
>
> __________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
> http://sbc.yahoo.com
>
>
> THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Before posting requests for information, please check the List
> Archives:
> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
> For more information about this List and other available services
> visit:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
> To UNsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
> amphicar770@yahoo.com
> This list is provided as a free service. Please support our sponsors at:
> http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Carburetors, Special Offer General Amphicar Discussion 7
M New Carburetors General Amphicar Discussion 2
Similar threads


Top