Bilge Pump

Holland

Dave Wind 66 White
body{font-family: Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color: #ffffff;color: black;}

Does anyone out there know what make/model is the best bilge pump for the amphicar?
Thanks
-----Original Message----- From: Larry DePasquale Sent: Jun 7, 2008 6:04 AM To: dhwind@earthlink.net Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20033] Re: Electric fuel pump

On the vapor lock problem, Mike Bayman put 4 wooden cloths pins on my fuel line 3 years ago and I have never had the vapor lock problem since.LarryWhite 66 in Ohio----- Original Message ----From: sdreich <>To: larrydepasquale@yahoo.comSent: Friday, June 6, 2008 11:49:38 AMSubject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20033] Re: Electric fuel pumpHi-I installed a low pressure (3-5 psi) electric fuel pump in line with the original mechanical pump. Made for easier starting and had fewer vapor lock problems. I still stall on hot days and it takes 20+ minutes to cool down and restart, so I will insulate the fuel lines.Most important thing is to get a positive ground pump if you still have a positive ground car. I burned up two pumps that were not positive ground rated. I ended up spending big bucks for a positive ground pump from Moss Motors, but have had no problems with it.-SteveDel Mar, CA'64 red (AMPHICR) still in pieces'64 red (I SWIM 2)