Amphicar vessel licencing in Canada


New Member
When I bought my amphi last September, I figured I needed two licences for my amphi, one for the road and one for the water. When I went to licence my amphi for the water, I was told I did not need a vessel permit to go in the water. Owning many boats, I assumed you would need a vessel permit. Service canada(old name was Canada customs) told me as long as it was registered for the road I was good to go in the water. I continued to question them, so they consulted with an upper level manager (Bruno Marquis) who confirmed the same thing. I wonder if Gord Souter knows about that. It' obvious in the US that both permits are needed.