Amphicar Transmissions

sdreich

Hi-

I have 4 used Amphi transmissions of unknown quality bought between 2001 and 2006. Does anyone have suggestions as to the best way to sell them. This would include whether I should have them rebuilt or at least inspected before I put them up for sale. How best to package them and transport them to new owners. Best to place an ad on Amphicar770 or auction them on eBay or other? Any advice would be appreciated.

-Steve

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Steve,

For used tranny's, without opening them up, a buyer would have to assume it needs rebuilding. Unfortunately, that can get expensive fast.

Value is tough. I kick myself for selling an NOS tranny's for around $3,500 a few years ago as Celina. A lot of "tire kickers" but few offers.

You.might work a deal for the lot with someone like Dave. If selling individually, maybe put one on evilbay to gauge interest and what people willing to pay. If you have a price in mind you can always list here.

Shipping. Put it on a pallet and go Greyhound ir else via your local Fastenal.

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
Too many times "good" transmissions need really expensive parts. I never buy unless I can inspect. Unless really really cheap!

JOHN

What's "really really cheap"?
Hi-

I have 4 used Amphi transmissions of unknown quality bought between 2001 and 2006. Does anyone have suggestions as to the best way to sell them. This would include whether I should have them rebuilt or at least inspected before I put them up for sale. How best to package them and transport them to new owners. Best to place an ad on Amphicar770 or auction them on eBay or other? Any advice would be appreciated.

-Steve
Hi Steve,

I would be interested in buying the transmissions, if you would like to contact me (973) 853-6302

Thanks, John

sdreich

Just to let people know that I am placing a transmission on eBay tomorrow (2 PM PST).Take a look and let me know your thoughts through this thread.

Jon March

marc schlemmer and I recently found a way to rebuild worn metal & grind/polish back to "round-spec" - Could that help these issues"? Dave - what kind of things happen exactly to the main shaft? Detail if poss....

Hi Dave, Saw the input shaft bearing on your FB page. Since I work at a bearing company now (NTN), I was wondering if you had any industry standard numbers for them or others inside the tranny? Who knows what I may be able to dig up as we buy/sell with other bearing suppliers.