Amphicar Sale

R

rodwick1@aol.com

Guest
<font FACE="arial,helvetica"><font SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="FIXED" FACE="Courier New" LANG="0">This guy must have more money then sense.



<p ALIGN="CENTER"></font><font COLOR="#008000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="3" PTSIZE="12" FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0"><u>Bill Rodwick

807 Mills Street

Smithville, Texas 78957

(512) 360-3877</font><font COLOR="#ff0000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="3" PTSIZE="12" FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0">

</font><font COLOR="#0000ff" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">RODWICK1@AOL.COM</font><font COLOR="#ff0000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="3" PTSIZE="12" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Tahoma" LANG="0"><u>

The Holidays are demanding on the Blood Supply.

Take an hour and GIVE</u>...</font><font COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">


</u></font>
 
E

echemike_2000

Guest
I have my garage full and am paying for two storage locations so I've
decided to sell one of my Amphicars. If anyone is interested in the
cars below please let me know. You can email me offline at
echemike@sbcglobal.net or call me. I do check my messages if I'm not
around at 630-241-9703. I prefer to toss these out to the group
first. I don't have them advertised anywhere else. I only plan on
selling one.

1967 Green, New, NOS, 77 miles. This car is obviously going to be
expensive so please be serious if you inquire. The price will be
higher than you've seen before for an Amphicar.

1966 White, New, NOS, 370 miles. Pretty much the same info as above.

1964 Green, This is the car I usually being to events. 3200 miles,
always stored inside, two owners, wouldn't leak a drop if you left it
in the water for a month. No body work ever including the quarters.
The lower quarters are showing paint blisters so repairs to this one
area will need repaired someday. Considering how rare orig. quarters
are hopefully this tells you something about the rest of the car. No
rust period anywhere else. Priced in the 30's. (The wife is
sentimental about this car so I guess this offer is subject to
change!!!)

1968 Red, This car was owned by it's last owner for over 20 years.
The car is original,complete and everything down to the horn works.
The dash is spotless and the original interior is in great shape. The
engine and tranny are in great shape too. You won't be missing
anything right down to the under rear seat coverings. The quarters
look to be original but the last owner did a homemade repair with
some type of tar. It seems he used it to seal any rust which was
starting there and a few other places on the underside. It looks all
to be minor preventative stuff other than the quarters which need
replaced.
The Hood, Doors and Deck Lid on this car are as nice as the ones on
the three cars listed above. As you know these are critical areas.
The price on this car is somewhere under 20K in the high teens. I've
not seen nicer car ever in this price range. All original trim,
spare, truck boards, etc. etc. etc.


Thanks and I'll be glad to answer any questions. Serious inquiries
only to my phone or personal email. Phone may be best between
Christmas and New Years as I may be away from my email. Please leave
you phone number if you don't reach me.

PS: I've also have a rebuilt transmission if anyone is interested. I
know the rebuilder was qualified but it's never been tested.

Thanks and Merry Christmas
Mike
 
J

john capone

Guest
--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, rodwick1@a... wrote:
> This guy must have more money then sense.
>
> Bill Rodwick
> 807 Mills Street
> Smithville, Texas 78957
> (512) 360-3877
> RODWICK1@A...
> The Holidays are demanding on the Blood Supply.
> Take an hour and GIVE...

Hey Rodwick!!! You wish you had the sense of Mike!!! But it is
unlikely you ever will!!!!
 
M

Mike Israel

Guest
Bill,

Actually, Mike has been responsible for tracking down countless amphis and
getting many out of sheds and back on the road. Many amphi owners have bought
their cars from Mike and he is well known as someone who can always be trusted
to represent the cars completely honestly. He is not one to gouge buyers on
price but I am sure he sells them at a profit enabling him to find more and
better Amphis for himself and others. Sounds pretty smart to me. If I had the
funds I would buy any of mikes cars without hesitation. Be careful who you
flame, Mike is considered to be one of the most distinguished and respected
members of the Amphicar community.

-----Original Message-----
From: rodwick1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:30:31
To:amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] Amphicar Sale

This guy must have more money then sense.


Bill Rodwick
807 Mills Street
Smithville, Texas 78957
(512) 360-3877
RODWICK1@AOL.COM
The Holidays are demanding on the Blood Supply.
Take an hour and GIVE...



THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before posting requests for information, please check the List
Archives:
http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
For more information about this List and other available services
visit:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
To Unsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
amphicar770@yahoo.com
This list is provided as a free service. Please support our sponsors at:
http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762

When insuring your Amphicar do not settle for anything less than the very best
coverage available. Visit Hagerty Collector Car Insurance today at
http://www.hagerty.com





Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada

Yahoo! Groups Links
To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.
 
D

Daniel & Kathy Gibson

Guest
Hear Hear! I bought mine from Mike, and I am very pleased. Mike, you
ROCK!

Dan
'64 Das Boot

Mike Israel wrote:
>
> Bill,
>
> Actually, Mike has been responsible for tracking down countless amphis and
getting many out of sheds and back on the road. Many amphi owners have bought
their cars from Mike and he is well known as someone who can always be trusted
to represent the cars completely honestly. He is not one to gouge buyers on
price but I am sure he sells them at a profit enabling him to find more and
better Amphis for himself and others. Sounds pretty smart to me. If I had the
funds I would buy any of mikes cars without hesitation. Be careful who you
flame, Mike is considered to be one of the most distinguished and respected
members of the Amphicar community.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: rodwick1@aol.com
> Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:30:31
> To:amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] Amphicar Sale
>
> This guy must have more money then sense.
>
>
> Bill Rodwick
> 807 Mills Street
> Smithville, Texas 78957
> (512) 360-3877
> RODWICK1@AOL.COM
> The Holidays are demanding on the Blood Supply.
> Take an hour and GIVE...
>
>
>
> THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Before posting requests for information, please check the List
> Archives:
> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
> For more information about this List and other available services
> visit:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
> To Unsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
> amphicar770@yahoo.com
> This list is provided as a free service. Please support our sponsors at:
> http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762
>
> When insuring your Amphicar do not settle for anything less than the very
best coverage available. Visit Hagerty Collector Car Insurance today at
> http://www.hagerty.com
>
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> Get unlimited calls to
>
> U.S./Canada
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
> Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.
>
>
> THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Before posting requests for information, please check the List
> Archives:
> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
> For more information about this List and other available services
> visit:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
> To Unsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
> amphicar770@yahoo.com
> This list is provided as a free service. Please support our sponsors at:
> http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762
>
> When insuring your Amphicar do not settle for anything less than the very best
coverage available. Visit Hagerty Collector Car Insurance today at
> http://www.hagerty.com
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

--

Daniel and Kathy Gibson
http://www.katestrackshack.com
"Kate's Track Shack -Your Internet Home For Inexpensive 8-tracks!!"
AND...
http://drnooseandjambone.com
"DrNoose And Jambone - Do It To The Optigan!"
 
T

Tom Jones

Guest
--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, rodwick1@a... wrote:
> This guy must have more money then sense.
>
> Bill Rodwick------- Bill, I have not met you. I do know Mike, he
is one of the clubs Finest! Have you ever met him? If you do I'm sure
your attitude will change! Tom n Cindy "BLUGILL"
>
 
K

Kazoo Books

Guest
RE: Re: Amphicar Sale

Bill: I don't know who you are, but before you judge Mike or his cars, you
need a bit more information. If you get involved in the club you will find
this a tight group of fiercely loyal friends who all have Amphicars in
common. Sort of like blood brothers. Mike is one of the finest guru's in
the organization. Gloria

************************
Thank You
Kazoo Books
407 N Clarendon
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
800-516-2665
269-385-2665
www.Kazoobooks.com
read@kazoobooks.com
************************

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Jones [mailto:amphigill@charter.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 9:26 AM
To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Re: Amphicar Sale



--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, rodwick1@a... wrote:
> This guy must have more money then sense.
>
> Bill Rodwick------- Bill, I have not met you. I do know Mike, he
is one of the clubs Finest! Have you ever met him? If you do I'm sure
your attitude will change! Tom n Cindy "BLUGILL"
>






THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before posting requests for information, please check the List
Archives:
http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
For more information about this List and other available services
visit:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
To Unsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
amphicar770@yahoo.com
This list is provided as a free service. Please support our sponsors at:
http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762

When insuring your Amphicar do not settle for anything less than the very
best coverage available. Visit Hagerty Collector Car Insurance today at
http://www.hagerty.com



Yahoo! Groups Links
 
R

r64comet

Guest
Hello To All,

My reply to this Bill guy, and a Amphicar purchase story of my
own. Please don't mind the "comet" ID (that will change soon)

I will start off by saying that I am happy and honored to be a
new addition to the Amphicar Friends & Family group. All my dealings
so far with members has been nothing less than A+++++++, from the
purchase of an Amphicar (Yes From Mike Echemann Also) to purchasing
parts (Gordons Imports----Great People) to gathering information.

I have no Idea who Bill Rodwick is and actually don't care, but
to judge Mike is a joke. I am sure Mike probably doesn't care about
his opinion either but I do know he cares about anyone who is
associated with Amphicars reguardless if they are buying a car from
him or not. It is great to read other members stories dealing with
Mike and I would like to add mine to the list.

Back about 30 yrs. ago at the age of 16 I read about this
import car that is also a boat....mmmmmmmm interesting then whent on
about my life as all teenagers do. As time went by, job changes,
moving, marriage, home ownership. ect. Cars became an interest and
pastime...mostly looking and dreaming. About 7 yrs ago this Amphicar
kept popping in my mind.....but you just never see them (mmmmmm
again........ "Do They Really Exist). Then the household computer
with the internet entered my life a little searching and there they
were Amphicars. Wow!!! wouldn't it be great to own one of those.
More research showed me that one would be great to own but the
cost... well it is great to dream because budget says "your a
dreamer". I did continue to monitor the Amphicar sites and joined
the Yahoo amphicar Group just to linger & look.

Then several months ago there it was.... in the group mail....
it says "Planning to sell a couple of my amphicars" e-mail Mike
Echemann. I sent an e-mail for info...what the heck maybee I will
learn something. Several minutes later a reply to call his home or
buisness #'s for further info. Not planning to purchase an Amphicar
(or even discussing it with my wife) I went out to do yardwork.
After an hour I just couldn't get this Amphicar thing off my mind.
what the heck I'll call....couldn't hurt. Mike and I talked for
about an hour, and not just a sales pitch about the car for sale I
had an endless supply of quiestions to ask. For I have never driven
in or actually seen more than one (1) in my life. I decided then at
that moment I would buy the car.... If I do not just take
the "plunge" I probably never will. A 15% down payment (appreciated
that it was not more) and 3-weeks later (and one home equity loan) I
was off to meet Mike and bring home a car. The car needs a total
restoration ---- "great" what better way to lean what makes these
little critters tick than taking one apart & putting it back
together.


Anyone with a spouse is probably asking how did you possibly
buy a car without even asking or letting your wife know. Well that
answer is easy (she was very, very, very concerned about this
transaction) I told her that he (Mike) reminds me of an uncle (he
has restored & sold cars all his life) and his philosophy is I'm not
rich but I have made a lot of great friends and no enemies over the
years. The concerns were over and off to the bank we go. Talking to
Mike there are no quiestion in my mind that this is someone who
cares as much about the person as the payment. After meeting Mike
you find out that he exceeds those first impressions. I am sure he
could have made an easier transaction with a lot less hassle
elsewhere. We know there is a challenge in finding an amphicar and
also the challenge of finding it the right home, neither of which is
easy...... but Mike excells at both.

I myself am gratefull for all of Mikes help in making My 30 yr.
dream of owning an Amphicar come true and I'm sure most will agree
when it comes to Amphicars you definately need help, and I couldn't
imagine there being a more helpfull person out there to meet.

I thank you for taking time to read another Mike Echemman
story. There is definately a family of us out there that appreciate
what Mike does in finding someone elses hidden unused trash and
changing our lives with an Amphicar treasure.

Thanks Mike for your hard work and dedication to your "Hoby"
and helping to also make it our "hoby"

Ron Gaydis
Western Pa.
White 1964------------named "Nemo" by happy spouse


--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, rodwick1@a... wrote:
> This guy must have more money then sense.
>
> Bill Rodwick
> 807 Mills Street
> Smithville, Texas 78957
> (512) 360-3877
> RODWICK1@A...
> The Holidays are demanding on the Blood Supply.
> Take an hour and GIVE...
 
M

Mark Richardson

Guest
Psst....Bill, It's THAN (not then)

Merry Christmas to everyone! (especially my friend echemike_2000)

-- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, rodwick1@a... wrote:
> This guy must have more money then sense.
>
> Bill Rodwick
> 807 Mills Street
> Smithville, Texas 78957
> (512) 360-3877
> RODWICK1@A...
> The Holidays are demanding on the Blood Supply.
> Take an hour and GIVE...
 
A

a_colo_native

Guest
--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, rodwick1@a... wrote:
> This guy must have more money then sense.

Bill...Bill....bill....

I TRUELY hope this crass comment was in jest.

There are many here who will agree that Mike has more sense than
you seem to posses. Mike is one of the fine few on this Earth that
is sincere, generous and VERY smart. Not to mention he's a board
member of our club! If you had an appreciation of Amphicars (or
special interest cars of any flavor) & knew the cars Mike has
offered, you would be in awe. The 77 Mile car has no equal and is
the best original Amphicar in existance, period. I have the twin
(from the same dealer in Kansas anbd same color) to the other green
car. You will be hard pressed to match any of them in price or
condition.

Bill, do some homework, understand what you are looking at before
offering up your misguided opinion.

John Bevins
Rocky Mountain Amphicar
I.A.O.C. Board member
 
W

WB6WSN

Guest
Re: Re: Amphicar Sale

<table bgColor="#ffffff">
<font face="Times New Roman" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font>
<blockquote style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<div style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black">From: a_colo_native
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2004 11:35 AM
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Re: Amphicar Sale

<tt>

--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, rodwick1@a... wrote:
> This guy must have more money then sense.

Bill...Bill....bill....

I TRUELY hope this crass comment was in jest.

There are many here who will agree that Mike has more sense than
you seem to posses. Mike is one of the fine few on this Earth that
is sincere, generous and VERY smart. Not to mention he's a board
member of our club! If you had an appreciation of Amphicars (or
special interest cars of any flavor) & knew the cars Mike has
offered, you would be in awe. The 77 Mile car has no equal and is
the best original Amphicar in existance, period. I have the twin
(from the same dealer in Kansas anbd same color) to the other green
car. You will be hard pressed to match any of them in price or
condition.

Bill, do some homework, understand what you are looking at before
offering up your misguided opinion.

John Bevins
Rocky Mountain Amphicar
I.A.O.C. Board member

</blockquote>

<font face="Times New Roman" color="#0000ff" size="4">OK guys, let me offer up a truce.</font>
<font face="Times New Roman" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font>
<font face="Times New Roman" color="#0000ff" size="4">Bill, who I assume to be a relative newbie with Amphicars, offerred up a flippant and slightly negative comment about a sale being offered by one of our more respected group gurus. For the past few days, comment after comment has educated Bill to the economic realities of Amphicar ownership. After being keel-hauled (despite Amphis lacking a keel, but it's the thought that counts) a few times, I think Bill must have come to the realization that he knew not of which he spoke.</font>
<font face="Times New Roman" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font>
<font face="Times New Roman" color="#0000ff" size="4">But remember, this Yahoo list has about 380 members, and we're bound to have some with a few rough edges. We are united in a common insanity, it takes a little time for newbies to understand us. The dynamics of a closely focused group are such that scoundrels are quickly outed, and decent and charitable individuals are equally well known.</font>
<font face="Times New Roman" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font>
<font face="Times New Roman" color="#0000ff" size="4">With that in mind, I'd hope to hear more from Bill in the future. I'm sure he has talents, experience and perspective on Amphis which will be of value to us all.</font>
<font face="Times New Roman" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font>
<font face="Times New Roman" color="#0000ff" size="4">Ed
El Cajon, CA USA
67 Rust Guppy
</font>
</tt>
 
M

markamsdill@charter.net>

Guest
Re: Re: Amphicar Sale

Hello All. Happy holidays from the frozen state of Michigan. My white amphi is
in the body shop getting a face lift and the garagemahal is getting closer to
completion.I have known Mike for a long time and bought parts from him. He is a
good guy and deals in Quality. There is no sense paying half the price and
buying junk. What ever he has for sale is worth the money. Looking to spring and
smooth sailing, Mark From Michigan 62 white >
> From: Daniel & Kathy Gibson <dkgibson3@comcast.net>
> Date: 2004/12/23 Thu AM 02:42:43 GMT
> To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] Amphicar Sale
>
>

</td></tr>

<table>
<tt>
Hear Hear! I bought mine from Mike, and I am very pleased. Mike, you

ROCK!



Dan

'64 Das Boot



Mike Israel wrote:

>

> Bill,

>

> Actually, Mike has been responsible for tracking down countless amphis and getting many out of sheds and back on the road. Many amphi owners have bought their cars from Mike and he is well known as someone who can always be trusted to represent the cars completely honestly. He is not one to gouge buyers on price but I am sure he sells them at a profit enabling him to find more and better Amphis for himself and others. Sounds pretty smart to me. If I had the funds I would buy any of mikes cars without hesitation. Be careful who you flame, Mike is considered to be one of the most distinguished and respected members of the Amphicar community.

>

> -----Original Message-----

> From: rodwick1@aol.com

> Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:30:31

> To:amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com

> Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] Amphicar Sale

>

> This guy must have more money then sense.

>

>

> Bill Rodwick

> 807 Mills Street

> Smithville, Texas 78957

> (512) 360-3877

> RODWICK1@AOL.COM

> The Holidays are demanding on the Blood Supply.

> Take an hour and GIVE...

>

>

>

> THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Before posting requests for information, please check the List

> Archives:

> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html

> For more information about this List and other available services

> visit:

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/

> To Unsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:

> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

> Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:

> amphicar770@yahoo.com

> This list is provided as a free service. Please support our sponsors at:

> http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762

>

> When insuring your Amphicar do not settle for anything less than the very best coverage available. Visit Hagerty Collector Car Insurance today at

> http://www.hagerty.com

>

>

>

>

>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> Get unlimited calls to

>

> U.S./Canada

>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

> To visit your group on the web, go to:

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/

> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

> Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.

>

>

> THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Before posting requests for information, please check the List

> Archives:

> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html

> For more information about this List and other available services

> visit:

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/

> To Unsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:

> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

> Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:

> amphicar770@yahoo.com

> This list is provided as a free service. Please support our sponsors at:

> http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762

>

> When insuring your Amphicar do not settle for anything less than the very best coverage available. Visit Hagerty Collector Car Insurance today at

> http://www.hagerty.com

>

>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

>

>

>

>



--



Daniel and Kathy Gibson

http://www.katestrackshack.com

"Kate's Track Shack -Your Internet Home For Inexpensive 8-tracks!!"

AND...

http://drnooseandjambone.com

"DrNoose And Jambone - Do It To The Optigan!"

</tt>



<tt>
THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting requests for information, please check the List

Archives:

http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html

For more information about this List and other available services

visit:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/

To Unsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:

amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:

amphicar770@yahoo.com

This list is provided as a free service. Please support our sponsors at:

http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762



When insuring your Amphicar do not settle for anything less than the very best coverage available. Visit Hagerty Collector Car Insurance today at

http://www.hagerty.com





</tt>
 
R

Rebecca Gilbert

Guest
Re: Re: Amphicar Sale

Ed,
I've read all the posts and couldn't agree more. Bobby

>From: "WB6WSN" <wb6wsn@cox.net>
>Reply-To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
>To: <amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] Re: Amphicar Sale
>Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:09:29 -0800
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: a_colo_native
> To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2004 11:35 AM
> Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Re: Amphicar Sale
>
>
>
> --- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, rodwick1@a... wrote:
> > This guy must have more money then sense.
>
> Bill...Bill....bill....
>
> I TRUELY hope this crass comment was in jest.
>
> There are many here who will agree that Mike has more sense than
> you seem to posses. Mike is one of the fine few on this Earth that
> is sincere, generous and VERY smart. Not to mention he's a board
> member of our club! If you had an appreciation of Amphicars (or
> special interest cars of any flavor) & knew the cars Mike has
> offered, you would be in awe. The 77 Mile car has no equal and is
> the best original Amphicar in existance, period. I have the twin
> (from the same dealer in Kansas anbd same color) to the other green
> car. You will be hard pressed to match any of them in price or
> condition.
>
> Bill, do some homework, understand what you are looking at before
> offering up your misguided opinion.
>
> John Bevins
> Rocky Mountain Amphicar
> I.A.O.C. Board member
>
>
>
>OK guys, let me offer up a truce.
>
>Bill, who I assume to be a relative newbie with Amphicars, offerred up a
>flippant and slightly negative comment about a sale being offered by one of
>our more respected group gurus. For the past few days, comment after
>comment has educated Bill to the economic realities of Amphicar ownership.
>After being keel-hauled (despite Amphis lacking a keel, but it's the
>thought that counts) a few times, I think Bill must have come to the
>realization that he knew not of which he spoke.
>
>But remember, this Yahoo list has about 380 members, and we're bound to
>have some with a few rough edges. We are united in a common insanity, it
>takes a little time for newbies to understand us. The dynamics of a closely
>focused group are such that scoundrels are quickly outed, and decent and
>charitable individuals are equally well known.
>
>With that in mind, I'd hope to hear more from Bill in the future. I'm sure
>he has talents, experience and perspective on Amphis which will be of value
>to us all.
>
>Ed
>El Cajon, CA USA
>67 Rust Guppy

_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE!
http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/
 
P

PVCJ PVCJ

Guest
Hello Mike
This is Paul from Albany, I bought your back seats from E-bay a while back??
I whould like to know
if you have a extra master cylender push rod that you whould like to sell?
Some where during the
restoration mine must have ran away :) If you or any other member that reads
this have one
please drop me a line and let me know how much.Or you can call"" in the AM
518-843-5607.
After 2:00 pm office # 518-474-3951 THANKS PAUL From Albany NY

>From: "echemike_2000" <echemike@sbcglobal.net>
>Reply-To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
>To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Amphicar Sale
>Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:25:01 -0000
>
>
>I have my garage full and am paying for two storage locations so I've
>decided to sell one of my Amphicars. If anyone is interested in the
>cars below please let me know. You can email me offline at
>echemike@sbcglobal.net or call me. I do check my messages if I'm not
>around at 630-241-9703. I prefer to toss these out to the group
>first. I don't have them advertised anywhere else. I only plan on
>selling one.
>
>1967 Green, New, NOS, 77 miles. This car is obviously going to be
>expensive so please be serious if you inquire. The price will be
>higher than you've seen before for an Amphicar.
>
>1966 White, New, NOS, 370 miles. Pretty much the same info as above.
>
>1964 Green, This is the car I usually being to events. 3200 miles,
>always stored inside, two owners, wouldn't leak a drop if you left it
>in the water for a month. No body work ever including the quarters.
>The lower quarters are showing paint blisters so repairs to this one
>area will need repaired someday. Considering how rare orig. quarters
>are hopefully this tells you something about the rest of the car. No
>rust period anywhere else. Priced in the 30's. (The wife is
>sentimental about this car so I guess this offer is subject to
>change!!!)
>
>1968 Red, This car was owned by it's last owner for over 20 years.
>The car is original,complete and everything down to the horn works.
>The dash is spotless and the original interior is in great shape. The
>engine and tranny are in great shape too. You won't be missing
>anything right down to the under rear seat coverings. The quarters
>look to be original but the last owner did a homemade repair with
>some type of tar. It seems he used it to seal any rust which was
>starting there and a few other places on the underside. It looks all
>to be minor preventative stuff other than the quarters which need
>replaced.
>The Hood, Doors and Deck Lid on this car are as nice as the ones on
>the three cars listed above. As you know these are critical areas.
>The price on this car is somewhere under 20K in the high teens. I've
>not seen nicer car ever in this price range. All original trim,
>spare, truck boards, etc. etc. etc.
>
>
>Thanks and I'll be glad to answer any questions. Serious inquiries
>only to my phone or personal email. Phone may be best between
>Christmas and New Years as I may be away from my email. Please leave
>you phone number if you don't reach me.
>
>PS: I've also have a rebuilt transmission if anyone is interested. I
>know the rebuilder was qualified but it's never been tested.
>
>Thanks and Merry Christmas
>Mike
>
>
>
 
M

Michael Echemann

Guest
Paul:
I don't have a push rod but you might try and call Gordon Imports. I'd like
to think they or someone on the list would have one from a parts car which
is too far gone to restore.

Happy New Year,
Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: "PVCJ PVCJ" <pvcj@hotmail.com>
To: <amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 7:58 PM
Subject: RE: [amphicar-lovers] Amphicar Sale



Hello Mike
This is Paul from Albany, I bought your back seats from E-bay a while back??
I whould like to know
if you have a extra master cylender push rod that you whould like to sell?
Some where during the
restoration mine must have ran away :) If you or any other member that reads
this have one
please drop me a line and let me know how much.Or you can call"" in the AM
518-843-5607.
After 2:00 pm office # 518-474-3951 THANKS PAUL From Albany NY

>From: "echemike_2000" <echemike@sbcglobal.net>
>Reply-To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
>To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Amphicar Sale
>Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:25:01 -0000
>
>
>I have my garage full and am paying for two storage locations so I've
>decided to sell one of my Amphicars. If anyone is interested in the
>cars below please let me know. You can email me offline at
>echemike@sbcglobal.net or call me. I do check my messages if I'm not
>around at 630-241-9703. I prefer to toss these out to the group
>first. I don't have them advertised anywhere else. I only plan on
>selling one.
>
>1967 Green, New, NOS, 77 miles. This car is obviously going to be
>expensive so please be serious if you inquire. The price will be
>higher than you've seen before for an Amphicar.
>
>1966 White, New, NOS, 370 miles. Pretty much the same info as above.
>
>1964 Green, This is the car I usually being to events. 3200 miles,
>always stored inside, two owners, wouldn't leak a drop if you left it
>in the water for a month. No body work ever including the quarters.
>The lower quarters are showing paint blisters so repairs to this one
>area will need repaired someday. Considering how rare orig. quarters
>are hopefully this tells you something about the rest of the car. No
>rust period anywhere else. Priced in the 30's. (The wife is
>sentimental about this car so I guess this offer is subject to
>change!!!)
>
>1968 Red, This car was owned by it's last owner for over 20 years.
>The car is original,complete and everything down to the horn works.
>The dash is spotless and the original interior is in great shape. The
>engine and tranny are in great shape too. You won't be missing
>anything right down to the under rear seat coverings. The quarters
>look to be original but the last owner did a homemade repair with
>some type of tar. It seems he used it to seal any rust which was
>starting there and a few other places on the underside. It looks all
>to be minor preventative stuff other than the quarters which need
>replaced.
>The Hood, Doors and Deck Lid on this car are as nice as the ones on
>the three cars listed above. As you know these are critical areas.
>The price on this car is somewhere under 20K in the high teens. I've
>not seen nicer car ever in this price range. All original trim,
>spare, truck boards, etc. etc. etc.
>
>
>Thanks and I'll be glad to answer any questions. Serious inquiries
>only to my phone or personal email. Phone may be best between
>Christmas and New Years as I may be away from my email. Please leave
>you phone number if you don't reach me.
>
>PS: I've also have a rebuilt transmission if anyone is interested. I
>know the rebuilder was qualified but it's never been tested.
>
>Thanks and Merry Christmas
>Mike
>
>
>





THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before posting requests for information, please check the List
Archives:
http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
For more information about this List and other available services
visit:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
To Unsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
amphicar770@yahoo.com
This list is provided as a free service. Please support our sponsors at:
http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762

When insuring your Amphicar do not settle for anything less than the very
best coverage available. Visit Hagerty Collector Car Insurance today at
http://www.hagerty.com



Yahoo! Groups Links
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AmazingOne Restored 1964 Amphicar for sale General Amphicar Discussion 0
sdreich Amphicar for Sale General Amphicar Discussion 1
chapron67 Anyone have a really nice Amphicar steering wheel for sale? General Amphicar Discussion 3
sdreich I SWIM 2 (64 red Amphicar) for Sale on eBay General Amphicar Discussion 0
Midwest Amphicar Blue 64 Amphicar for Sale !! General Amphicar Discussion 1
laserfixr Amphicar for sale Lake Constance in Europe General Amphicar Discussion 8
J Amphicar Rescue For Sale General Amphicar Discussion 9
mike_israel Amphicar Enclosed Trailer For Sale General Amphicar Discussion 4
D Another red Amphicar for sale JC Whitney master cylinder General Amphicar Discussion 1
D amphicar for sale enclosed Amphicar trailer for sale General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Amphicar for sail,... err SALE General Amphicar Discussion 2
T 1966 Amphicar for sale General Amphicar Discussion 0
T Video of my 1962 Amphicar for Sale General Amphicar Discussion 1
T 1962 Amphicar for Sale General Amphicar Discussion 2
F 1964 white Amphicar for sale General Amphicar Discussion 1
K For Sale - 1964 Amphicar General Amphicar Discussion 2
J Amphicar Trailers For Sale - Posted for Rob "The Trailer Guy" Vondracek General Amphicar Discussion 0
F Amphicar will be for sale General Amphicar Discussion 3
G 1967 RED AMPHICAR FOR SALE PICS POSTED General Amphicar Discussion 8
G AMPHICAR FOR SALE 1967 RED General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Amphicar in Germany for sale General Amphicar Discussion 0
M 1964 Amphicar listed for sale yesterday has been Sold General Amphicar Discussion 0
D newly discovered amphicar for sale General Amphicar Discussion 0
W Amphicar 67 SALE project car General Amphicar Discussion 0
P Amphicar engine for sale General Amphicar Discussion 0
A 1964 Amphicar for sale General Amphicar Discussion 4
J amphicar for sale on E bay General Amphicar Discussion 0
D Amphicar project for sale General Amphicar Discussion 0
D Domain name Amphicar.org for sale General Amphicar Discussion 0
K Amphicar for sale in LOOT! General Amphicar Discussion 1
D Fwd: amphicar for sale General Amphicar Discussion 2
D Amphicar engine for sale (sort of) General Amphicar Discussion 0
S Amphicar for sale General Amphicar Discussion 20
J 1967 Amphicar Tub Toy Restorations in progress 3
DougFromBaltimore Amphicar - Servicing Rear Brakes without removing hubs and tip for attaching springs General Amphicar Discussion 9
S Rear Amphicar Shocks w/Small Diameter Spring - Rear Spring Specs? General Amphicar Discussion 2
mike_israel The only car I consider to be way cooler than the Amphicar General Amphicar Discussion 2
T Parting ways with my 64 Amphicar General Amphicar Discussion 0
chapron67 Wanted to buy: Nice, useable Amphicar. General Amphicar Discussion 3
mike_israel Annual costs of maintaining an Amphicar (Forum) ... General Amphicar Discussion 10
Jon March lot #012 - The next big Amphicar auction: end of This week! - lot #012 General Amphicar Discussion 4
strandweiss62 RHD Amphicar sold at Mecum General Amphicar Discussion 2
C Amphicar with Buick V6! General Amphicar Discussion 4
DavidC Amphicar club gift. General Amphicar Discussion 3
Andreas Gomoll „The Uganda-Amphicar“ - Brakeparts needed... General Amphicar Discussion 0
Latitude33 Amphicar cover General Amphicar Discussion 4
Andreas Gomoll ... my Amphicar has some specials.... Restorations in progress 2
B Amphicar Tow Bar General Amphicar Discussion 0
DavidC Anyone interested in the ultimate Amphicar muffler project ? General Amphicar Discussion 9
B Celina Amphicar Record General Amphicar Discussion 3
Similar threads


















































Top