Amphicar Hubcaps on eBay and More

sdreich

I had 2 Amphis, but sold them both, but I have a bunch of parts including a Triumph 1147 cc engine. I placed a pair of hubcaps (stainless steel repros) on eBay with a ridiculous starting price. I can't believe no one has bid. I also have a bunch of other Amphi stuff. Contact steve.reich@sbcglobal.net to recieve a parts list.

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
STEVE. I AM SURPRISED YOUR OUT OF AMPHICARS.
I buy motors but your a little far away
Gord.

jfriese

Hi Steve,

I guess the drought got to you too. My two Amphicars have been much like museum cars since the drought hit a few years ago. I really hate that but fresh water has been in very short supply for years now. I also have a lot of Amphicar spares including an NOS transmission, three 1147 engines, drive shafts, new and rebuilt. If this winter doesn't produce a bunch of rain, I may actually consider selling my cars too. I almost can't believe I said that. I'll never use the engines since I have perfect running 1296 engines in my cars and I've been sitting on that NOS tranny for 16 years now.

John Friese
67 White
67 Red

Last edited:

jfriese

To clarify, I'm not selling my Amphicars at this time in spite of being terribly frustrated by the ongoing drought that has plagued my area of California. Even the massive downpour that's all over today's news had little effect on the lake levels because it was so short in duration. I probably will sell off some of my massive collection of spares if someone needs something.

John Friese
67 White
67 Red

okey0

To clarify, I'm not selling my Amphicars at this time in spite of being terribly frustrated by the ongoing drought that has plagued my area of California. Even the massive downpour that's all over today's news had little effect on the lake levels because it was so short in duration. I probably will sell off some of my massive collection of spares if someone needs something.

John Friese
67 White
67 Red
I'LL GIVE YOU $275 for the NOS tranny---CASH

seriously though, i didnt know the drought had that kind of affect on boating :(