Amphicar Forum Etiquette and Rules

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
While most members use the amphicar forums as intended, we have had recent instances where discussions have devolved into personal attack, flame wars, and attempts to settle old scores. For a while I was just deleting the threads but this is unfair to those whose legitimate threads get hijacked. Beyond the flames that you see, I also receive dozens of emails asking that some members be banned, moderated, etc. Honestly, I have better things to do than play arbitrator.

I am thus setting some pretty basic policies moving forward. Please read them as well as the actions that will result if they are violated.

Do:
  • Respect others
  • Assume good faith
  • Share what you know
  • Be kind to newbies — we were all new once
  • Encourage others; recognize and praise good work
  • Attract and honor good, knowledgeable people
  • Ask for help, and help others in return
  • Set a good example
  • Add information about yourself to your forum profile
Don't:
  • Use obscene or offensive language
  • Personally attack people, their edits (including spelling or grammar), or their comments
  • Rant or otherwise harass, abuse, or intimidate others
  • Use multiple accounts to agree (or argue) with yourself
  • Post anything you don't want the world to see. This is a public space
  • Use the forums to settle old scores or resolve personal disputes.
  • Post other people's confidential or private information without their express permission. This includes email addresses, street addresses, telephone numbers, content of private forum messages, etc.
Personal insults, verbal attacks, and generally offensive, disrespectful, or abusive messages will be edited or deleted by forum hosts. Repeated violations will result in temporary suspension of forum access, eventually leading to being banned from forums. Spam messages will be deleted immediately, and the user account will be disabled in the forums.

Thanks,

Mike