Amphi Trailer and miss.

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
I had a lady phone me the other day saying she had a NOMAD for sale...
I said a 57 wagon and she said no A boat and trailer special made for Amphicar to tow.. Never head of it, any body out there ever?
$100.00 gets it of her yard (ont)Bob kelly in Peterbrough is supose to send a pic of it but not rec, yet.
I really need to sell the 67 Amphi in Texas! or get it trailered up closer to Buffalo.
don't forget the Swin in
Orillias...June 25-28thy
Big car show in London Ont.June 6th.. special ferature..Amphicars on the pond..Bring your car and I can get you dinner and show tickets($110.00)
for FREE!!!!!!!!!:005: but you have to let me know for sure soon and how many in car.
GORD SOUTER

azpaul50

Gord - Somebody towed "something" with mine in the past. The gentleman I bought my most recent Amphi from said he was offered the trailer as part of the deal but turned it down. He was just interested in the car. He described it as some sort of hulled/wheeled rig with ATC type tires to roll on the road but was only hooked up mostly just at the boat ramp prior to water entry. It floated! This car was in Florida during early decade then went to the midwest over the past few years. The question arises as to where that trailer is now? Was this combo stated to you to be in Florida? I understand that you didn't specify if the described trailer floated or not. I'm just assuming the possibility that it could be either. - azpaul50

To: azpaul50@hotmail.com
Subject: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20417] Amphi Trailer and miss.
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 12:13:12 -0400

I had a lady phone me the other day saying she had a NOMAD for sale...
I said a 57 wagon and she said no A boat and trailer special made for Amphicar to tow.. Never head of it, any body out there ever?
$100.00 gets it of her yard (ont)Bob kelly in Peterbrough is supose to send a pic of it but not rec, yet.
I really need to sell the 67 Amphi in Texas! or get it trailered up closer to Buffalo.
don't forget the Swin in
Orillias...June 25-28thy
Big car show in London Ont.June 6th.. special ferature..Amphicars on the pond..Bring your car and I can get you dinner and show tickets($110.00)
for FREE!!!!!!!!! but you have to let me know for sure soon and how many in car.
GORD SOUTER

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
do not know mush about it. Is in Ontario. ladys name isMrs. Hills I have her #
Sounds like a small boat on trailer..
I do not know of any Amphicar special made boats.. other than 1 offs.

For Sale 1 amphicar yellow interior and top.. all covered in soot. best offer.
no just kidding...:005: Kens Amphicar that was in a building that burn down, is all redone.Hes ready for ths big London show, plans to go there before show and test out pond and ramps!

Amphi67

Paul,

Victor Brown from Maine once had a trailer that he pulled
behind his Amphicar. This trailer would float and even had
its own bilge pump. He said they used to sleep in the trailer
overnight while floating attached to the Amphicar in the
middle of the lake! :eek:

This may be the trailer you are referring to. Victor traveled
a lot and had a home in Florida. I think he spent winters in
Florida. But, I haven't spoken to him since about 2001.
I don't know what his situation is now, but at one time he
had a few Amphicars. He even had a Swiss Amphicar.

Rick Young -
Tennessee

Rick & Paul, Victor is not cool, he ripped me off a few years ago, but he did have a good story about the trailer.

Larry
White 66

Amphi67 <> wrote:
Paul,

middle of the lake!

Rick Young -
Tennessee

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
Gord, I would be happy to help you sell your Amphi. No commission. I do have inside storage. You can bring that Amphi trailer to me when You pick up your check. Later Dave the Wave

azpaul50

Well... it is a moot point now, more curiosity than anything. I have no intent for my trailer to float but just wondered what trailers in general existed for Amphis in case there was some aspect of their construction I could apply to mine. Meanwhile, my initial enthusiasm has been dampened by outside events eating up my time and money. Blub is in Mexico right now getting its dented door fixed, then repositioning both doors to fix the sagging. While its there, they are fixing some of the leaky hull holes using fiberglass. It's a low-buck approach right now remembering that my other cars and bikes are constantly "in-process" too. As for my "new AMphi" the current effort is to fix those problems that would affect towing. I've fixed the sticky accelerator and used a TR-6 Spitfire temp sender to fix the temp indication (critical to know how towing is affecting the engine, it was dead when I got the car). This leaves the brake problem, an area I've never had much success with fixing on foreign cars. So, I plan on hauling "Aqua" (new name) to Theo in Costa Mesa within a few weeks for repairs. Meanwhile, we've abandoned the idea of using a square tow receiver in favor of a flat "tongue depressor" type receiver for a flat drop drawbar. My welder has it tacked together and it should leave a lower profile in the cars wake while in the water. The drop hitch will simply slide out. My target for completing this project is late October (out local Vintage Cruiser Days), but my other stuff is always conspiring to break at critical points along the way (my usual condition). I'm throwing together a little website at www.radvet.com showcasing our stuff. I own the domain name but the site itself is a cheapo free site that came with our business site at www.yumastats.com . My free site is only half done right now. It is our equivalent of a long winter here in Yuma except that it is hot rather than cold. I must admit my motivation suffers because of it. thanks for all your comments and help, and keep 'em coming! - azpaul50

To: azpaul50@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20417] Re: Amphi Trailer and miss.
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 11:03:45 -0400

Rick & Paul, Victor is not cool, he ripped me off a few years ago, but he did have a good story about the trailer.

Larry
White 66

Amphi67 <> wrote:
Paul,

middle of the lake!

Rick Young -
Tennessee

CapnJohn

Amphi Guru & Former IAOC President

Larry
He also ripped me off (and lied) in 1999 when I bought my white car from him. Certainly not a stand up kinda guy. :042::046:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mike_israel Amphi on Bring a Trailer General Amphicar Discussion 2
mike_israel Securing Amphi and Trailer General Amphicar Discussion 7
azpaul50 Amphi with Trailer and Scooter General Amphicar Discussion 5
azpaul50 Amphi Trailer General Amphicar Discussion 18
T Willing to trailer an Amphi back from CT General Amphicar Discussion 0
K Amphi trailer General Amphicar Discussion 5
K Amphi trailer. General Amphicar Discussion 1
M Trailer our Amphi General Amphicar Discussion 2
RalphF Georgia Amphi Restoration Restorations in progress 5
RalphF Amphi Shirt General Amphicar Discussion 4
mike_israel Amphi article in Classic Motorsports Magazine General Amphicar Discussion 0
mike_israel The Time Has Come ... Selling the Amphi General Amphicar Discussion 7
SNOWBIRD 1965 Amphi project General Amphicar Discussion 1
Jon March Insurance when towing Amphi vs when on road? General Amphicar Discussion 5
Jon March Suddenly "revving up" when in water -Does your Amphi do this? General Amphicar Discussion 13
Jon March Anyone know who ended up buying this Amphi? General Amphicar Discussion 1
Jon March Amphi rear driveshaft & axle detail - Youtube video General Amphicar Discussion 3
SNOWBIRD 64 Amphi??? General Amphicar Discussion 0
mike_israel OT: Something like this could be useful for Amphi and parts purchases General Amphicar Discussion 0
SNOWBIRD Amphi bottoms General Amphicar Discussion 1
Jon March we could all use help with this Amphi issue: General Amphicar Discussion 0
mike_israel What did you do to your Amphi today? General Amphicar Discussion 16
Bilgemaster Original Amphi Key No. 5415? General Amphicar Discussion 13
Mark Richardson RHD Museum Amphi sells at BJ auction this weekend..... General Amphicar Discussion 2
Mark Richardson 2017 Barrett-Jackson auction includes single Amphi General Amphicar Discussion 7
Cameron in UK Anyone know the source of this New York Amphi photo ? General Amphicar Discussion 6
dutchamphi Amphi-scooter General Amphicar Discussion 1
SNOWBIRD A blip on Fred's Amphi. General Amphicar Discussion 0
mike_israel Future Amphi Owner Earns Eagle Scout General Amphicar Discussion 3
mike_israel Toolbox Deal at Home Depot (No Amphi Content) General Amphicar Discussion 0
Mark Richardson Amphi sold at Barrett Jackson tonight General Amphicar Discussion 0
mike_israel No Amphi content. Search engine duckduckgo.com General Amphicar Discussion 0
mike_israel Non-Amphi garage project - shelves General Amphicar Discussion 4
amphi-Ben Amphi Swim In the Netherlands General Amphicar Discussion 3
mike_israel It's the Amphi-Jeep for Less than $2k General Amphicar Discussion 1
azpaul50 Amphi with Spare Harley behind! General Amphicar Discussion 0
SNOWBIRD Another Amphi swims General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Barn Find 1965 Amphi Restorations in progress 3
Midwest Amphicar Why you should visit Florida with your Amphi General Amphicar Discussion 1
Midwest Amphicar Amphi fins and snow drifts General Amphicar Discussion 4
Mark Richardson Barrett-Jackson Auction Amphi General Amphicar Discussion 2
T 62 amphi brake problems General Amphicar Discussion 8
Midwest Amphicar Another sweet Ebay Amphi General Amphicar Discussion 0
Midwest Amphicar Sweet Ebay Amphi General Amphicar Discussion 2
azpaul50 Amphi at Auction General Amphicar Discussion 0
azpaul50 Home-made Amphi in Calexico, CA General Amphicar Discussion 2
Midwest Amphicar Did you put a gift under the tree for your Amphi? General Amphicar Discussion 4
Midwest Amphicar warm weather memory or how to dry amphi General Amphicar Discussion 3
Midwest Amphicar Driving Amphi to Florida from Illinois ?! General Amphicar Discussion 0
F amphi in a video General Amphicar Discussion 6