AMPHI CAR HITS THE "CUTTING FLOOR"

• Thread starter wetwheels1@aol.com
  • Start date
W

wetwheels1@aol.com

<table id="role_body" style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bottomMargin="7" leftMargin="7" topMargin="7" rightMargin="7"><font id="role_document" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">

I wanted to inform all readers of an "almost - opportunity" to have gone down in the ranks along with having my aqua beauty being in a "James Bond" type movie. Last July 2004, the about to be released movie, Factotum was shot in Minneapolis. When a friend asked me if I would lend my amphi for the movie to fill the need for a 1960's carto transport the actors, Matt Dillon, Marisa Tomei, Didier Flamand, Adrienne Shelly, and Karen Young in a scene, I hesitated for about a second and said, "sure".

It turned out that they just wanted a cool 60's convertible, but when the director learned about and then was given a cruise in the amphi,a part was written overnight for the car. The scene that would have (hate to use the past tense) taken place was that the actors were going to be driven from the mansion of actor Didier Flamand into the water and out to his yacht..... with the scene ending when his ship departs leaving the empty amphi bobbing in the waves tied up to a buoy.

Unfortunately, the scene was a bit to cheerful for the overall theme of the movie, and the amphi got cut. There was sadness all around from the crew and actors, I have been told. It just wouldn't work. But I had a great time for a day with all of them....and saw the screening last night..... Interesting movie.... but there is no amphi.

My name hit the credits and if you either click on the enclosed link, or google "Factotum Trailers", they left a little bit of the scene for all of you to seein the last trailer.

Click here: AlloCine Vision : Trailers & Clips

rich rosenberg - mpls
wetwheels1@aol.com</font>

N

nelson625@aol.com

<table style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">Oh well, that is the way the cookie crumbles. Five of us did a photo shoot for a national Teen magazine last summer and though it was scheduled to come out in August or September, we are now not holding our breath. We did, however, have a great time doing the shoot over 2 days and the models sure loved our vehicles. They had me do 15 different "splash ins" and got some excellent shots.The first one brought shrieks, of course, from the models aboard. After that, they wanted more and more ! Vic "Captain Splash" Nelson with the "Split Personality" aFjordGreen1967 near Daytona Beach